PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Myers

wws
11/05/2006, 1:32 PM
some have described his column as pugnacious, humourous.....

but I think I can safely say without fear of reproach that in word he is quite simply a w*nk*r!

his new ads on the radio are really grinding my gears

razor
11/05/2006, 1:37 PM
Saw him on Tubbers last Saturday night.
Felt a tad sorry for him, me thinks he is just misunderstood.

pete
11/05/2006, 2:14 PM
Best thing about him moving to the sindo is that I never buy it so will never read his "opinions".

The new Sindo Dunphy?

Jerry The Saint
11/05/2006, 5:26 PM
I see Myers had a "topical" article during the week about the "blinkered nationalist view of 1916 blah, blah". I'm not sure if he's a few weeks behind the times or 90 years! :confused:

Cracking university-based quiz show host though - puts Paxman to shame.:eek: He hasn't been the same since they stopped showing it on TV...

klein4
11/05/2006, 11:08 PM
Cracking university-based quiz show host though - puts Paxman to shame.:eek: He hasn't been the same since they stopped showing it on TV...

you make it sound as if he still does it in his garage or something...

Macy
12/05/2006, 8:17 AM
Would you be surprised if he did? :D

Great news for the Times, if they could just get rid of the right wing wagon from the editors chair, I might start buying it again.

Jerry The Saint
12/05/2006, 10:40 AM

I have reason to believe he lures unsuspecting students to his underground lair in Celbridge for this very reason. The undergraduates may not make it onto RTE but Mr. Myers can guarantee they'll experience "challenging times" for many years to come.

CollegeTillIDie
15/05/2006, 6:47 AM
Would you be surprised if he did? :D

Great news for the Times, if they could just get rid of the right wing wagon from the editors chair, I might start buying it again.

The right wing wagon is the least of their problems. That Malachy Logan the Sports Editor, under whose tutelage EL coverage has dwindled to minimal proportions and The First Division? Sure according to the Old Lady Of D'Olier Street it doesn't exist!:mad: I won't be buying the Irish Times regularly until the EL First Division coverage returns, and until the Premier Division here gets equal coverage to the Premiersh*t and Bogball.

CollegeTillIDie
15/05/2006, 6:49 AM
I have reason to believe he lures unsuspecting students to his underground lair in Celbridge for this very reason. The undergraduates may not make it onto RTE but Mr. Myers can guarantee they'll experience "challenging times" for many years to come.

That show won't be back with Myers now that he has left D'Olier Street.
It was sponsored by the Irish Times.

pineapple stu
15/05/2006, 1:05 PM
I hope that's sarcasm! Paxman's a superb host - Myers wasn't a patch on him.

CollegeTillIDie
16/05/2006, 6:54 AM
Myers has left the original home of Southern Unionism ( The Irish Times) for the new home of Southern Unionism.[the Irish Colonialist] ( the SIndo,former employers of Conor Cruise Quisling O'Brien) :D