PDA

View Full Version : What A GAME!!!!! City 0 Ramblers 1

ramblers
10/05/2006, 9:33 PM
Tonight was a great performance by Ramblers well done to all.

This was the fight and spirit we expect to see. Lets hope the continue with this in Kilkenny and fight there way back up the table.

The Rebel Ram
10/05/2006, 10:24 PM
Can anyone who was at it give me a run down............stuck at work:(

drinkfeckarse
11/05/2006, 8:24 AM
Read more at eleven-a-side.com

ACTION
Cobh shock for Cork

May 11, 2006

Cork City 0-1 Cobh Ramblers
An early goal from former Cork City player Dave Warren was enough for First Division Cobh Ramblers to shock their illustrious local rivals in Wednesday night’s eircom League Cup second round tie at Turners Cross.

Warren pounced in the eighth minute, finishing at the second attempt after Cork keeper Mark McNulty had parried his first effort.

Cork manager Damien Richardson had opted to field a strong starting line-up, with only Denis Behan and Roy O’Donovan – away on Irish under-21 duty – and the rested Michael Devine and Neale Fenn missing from the team.

That meant inclusions for George O’Callaghan in midfield and John O’Flynn in attack, both of whom have been struggling with injury in recent weeks.

But the strength of City’s line-up made little difference as Cobh took that early lead and defended stoutly for the remainder to seal a place in the last eight of the competition.

Cork’s night ended miserably with Danny Murphy – who had been sent off after full-time in the Setanta Sports Cup final – seeing red from referee Anthony Buttimer for an off-the-ball incident in injury time.

Cork City: McNulty, Horgan, Bennett, Murray, Murphy, Gamble, O’Callaghan (Softic, 55), O’Brien (Nolan, 80), Woods, Sullivan (McCarthy, 78), O’Flynn.

Cobh Ramblers: McCarthy, Falvey, Mulconry, K.Murray, Breen (Carey, 71), Barrett, O’Neill, Murphy, O’Shea, Warren (Bruton, 78), Cambridge (Yelverton, 81).

Referee: Anthony Buttimer (Cork).

Great result, well done.:)

Dj Duffer
11/05/2006, 8:37 AM
Lads i have to say last night was one of the best nights Rams have had in ages... Not only did the seniors beat City, the u17 team drew 0-0 with City to clinch the league title. Lets hope the seniors go on and win the league cup and clinch a spot in the setanta cup next year!!!

nismo
11/05/2006, 10:26 AM
who did danny murphy stamp on?

good win tho!!:D

joeSoap
11/05/2006, 10:31 AM
Congratulations....great win:ball:

Rambler1
11/05/2006, 1:13 PM
Well done Rams......Great Stuff

citybone
11/05/2006, 3:54 PM
well done did many rambler fans travel the long journey? if so estimate how many? and what was citys support like?

Dj Duffer
11/05/2006, 6:13 PM
I think Murphy stamped on young Mikey o Shea...

Comic Book Guy
11/05/2006, 8:18 PM
well done did many rambler fans travel the long journey? if so estimate how many? and what was citys support like?

Hard to say but I reckon a crowd of around 1200(max)? I guess there were about 300 from Cobh, mostly in the Donie Forde stand with about 60/70 in the usual away section.