PDA

View Full Version : Devo steps down at last

Seagull
10/05/2006, 2:59 PM
Today's Bray People says Devo's stepped down as manager but he's still hovering there as 'Director of football'. Check braywanderers.ie and there's not a mention of it there. This club is in the doldrums, going nowhere and that's Devo's real legacy. Let's give McGuirk a chance but I fear he may be too much of Devo's man to really change anything- and Devo's still there, doing whatever in the background. Thanks for the good times Devo but you stayed too long. Think I might head along to Dalymount after all...

superfrank
10/05/2006, 3:05 PM
That's what was said a few weeks ago.

KK77
10/05/2006, 3:59 PM
Today's Bray People says Devo's stepped down as manager but he's still hovering there as 'Director of football'. Check braywanderers.ie and there's not a mention of it there. This club is in the doldrums, going nowhere and that's Devo's real legacy. Let's give McGuirk a chance but I fear he may be too much of Devo's man to really change anything- and Devo's still there, doing whatever in the background. Thanks for the good times Devo but you stayed too long. Think I might head along to Dalymount after all...

Great point about Devo still being in the background he'll have to go as Tony could never do the job with the little "HITLER" lurking around the place!!! If this is true i must thank Devo for all the good he's done for the club but no doubts it is time he went.

lowflyingseagul
10/05/2006, 4:02 PM
yeah but did you notice that eddie gormley was in charge last friday

Seagull
10/05/2006, 5:58 PM
That's what was said a few weeks ago.
In the last programme, Devo reiterated that he wasn't stepping down. Then everything just drifted along. He's left behind a team in disarray.

lowflyingseagul
10/05/2006, 8:27 PM
In the last programme, Devo reiterated that he wasn't stepping down. Then everything just drifted along. He's left behind a team in disarray.
agreed

dublinwanderer
12/05/2006, 10:24 AM
taken from eleven-a-side.com :D :D :D

McGuirk delighted with Bray accession

May 12, 2006

New Bray Wanderers manager Tony McGuirk admits he could not wait to take up the Bray Wanderers reins following the decision of Pat Devlin to take up a new role at the club.

Long-serving boss Devlin will remain at the club, but is taking a back seat following his appointment as Republic of Ireland ‘B’ team manager.

That has allowed assistant boss McGuirk to take over on a permanent basis, and he admits he would never have turned down the opportunity of managing the Seagulls.

McGuirk, who is also part of the Irish youth team management set-up, told the Irish Daily Star: “Once I was offered this job I was never going to turn it down. This week has been great. A win [against Bohemians] would help a lot in terms of our league position.”
================================================== ========
its about fcukin time...
but lets see how long it takes for devo to stick his nose in again!! i'll have to change my signature now. but wait he is still involved in the club!!