PDA

View Full Version : United v Monaghan

Terry
10/05/2006, 10:22 AM
Well we must be expected to win this match even though we lost this corresponding fixture last season 0-1.

I would go with a team like this, even though I don't know the current injury list:

Gough
Keady...Frawley...Carter...Reilly
Cretaro...Foley...Murphy...O'Brien
Clery...Moran

gufct
10/05/2006, 11:02 AM
from what we have terry but Raf is far better as an attacking full back rather than a midfielder. Stephen really needs to get our "better players" to put in a performance and go for the points.

We have been way too conservative and its cost it at least 4 pts at home (Harps & Kilkenny) so lets see some bold attacking play on friday if not the pressure on him will be unbearable.

Magicme
10/05/2006, 11:36 AM
You will beat us the way our team are playing at the moment. Its not like me to be negative but I hope our players read this and realise that one of their firmest believers is losing the faith.

If I go out on the **** to drown my sorrows after the game, Galway fans go easy on me and dont slag me too much for our failures.

corbyeire
10/05/2006, 12:23 PM
hopefully morans goal will give him an extra bit of pep of front - theres been enough said at this stage about killing off games - time to do it

corbyeire
10/05/2006, 12:24 PM
oh yea and the obvious - murphy to want it

Conor H
10/05/2006, 2:50 PM
Anything but a win will see Lally been scaked or leaving IMO.No time for mess up's this year.Simple.
I amn't going to predict a win as im not confident but i don't want to be completely pessimistic and predict a loss.
More belief and passion is neede form the other 10 players(exception would be Raf).

Magicme
12/05/2006, 9:25 AM
Need a bit of info....will be stayin in a hotel in Salthill and will prob take a taxi into Fibbers to meet a few of u lunatics b4 the game but need to know what the story is about getting from their to Scaryland? Is there a bus from Eyre Square? Will I get a taxi easily? Otherwise will have to drive and that will kill my drinking!

Trainee
12/05/2006, 10:01 AM
Its easily to get a taxi from eyre squre to terryland

galwaygirl
12/05/2006, 10:02 AM
Need a bit of info....will be stayin in a hotel in Salthill and will prob take a taxi into Fibbers to meet a few of u lunatics b4 the game but need to know what the story is about getting from their to Scaryland? Is there a bus from Eyre Square? Will I get a taxi easily? Otherwise will have to drive and that will kill my drinking!
There's no buses i'm afraid, it's only about 10 mins walk from Eyre Square,
but you can get taxis easily enough. Sure, we'll see you in Fibbers and we'll take it from there.

roll on 5.30.....

Magicme
12/05/2006, 11:01 AM
Only an hour til am outta work and hopefully will be on the road to Galway pretty shortly after that!

Thanks for the info people.....so flat comfortable walking staggering shoes are required! See u all in Fibbers later....i will be wearing my small inconspicious mons scarf!!

:D

Getting the friday butterflies in my tummy coz the mons are playing kinda feeling now!!!

Whooohoooo

galwaygirl
12/05/2006, 11:47 AM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/

Stephen Lally may again start with Billy Clery upfront for the visit of Monaghan United to Terryland Park. Clery partnered Barry Moran upfront last Friday in the one all draw with Kilkenny City and in the absence of David O'Dowd the United centreback may continue in attack.
David Cooke went off at half-time last weekend with an injury and he could be forced to miss out. If he does miss out Raf Cretaro may revert back to right midfield with either Alan Keane or Nigel Keady coming into the rightback spot.
As part of the ongoing referee exchange programme between the FAI, IFA and SFA, SFA category one official Stephen Finnie (Stirlingshire) will take charge of the fixture.

Patrick Dunne
12/05/2006, 12:17 PM
walk from Fibber Magees to Terryland ?

Red Bull must be giving you wings, galwaygirl !

Mr A
12/05/2006, 12:41 PM
I think the fact that Clery is left as one of your only options in attack (although he's not too bad up front) shows that ye would have been better to field an U21 team in the current tournament. We've Gethins, Breen and Walsh out (all forwards)- but have Meenan there to slot in tonight, and that's directly because we've an U21 side in that tournament to keep young guys involved and squad players fit.

Terry
12/05/2006, 1:09 PM
Even if we were in that tournament I dont think any of our strikers for the u21's would be up to senior playing standards yet.:(

corbyeire
12/05/2006, 1:22 PM
lads is there any particular reason why those of ye with the drums have moved up to one end of the stand - instead of the centre near the press box?

gufct
12/05/2006, 2:23 PM
could become a family friendly area and the lads are making far more noise in A Block.

Conor H
12/05/2006, 2:40 PM
Think we make more noise down in Block A myself.

gufct
12/05/2006, 2:48 PM
our more mature hardcore to cross the line and make a bit of noise with ye we would be on the pigs back. Galway Harps wasnt meenan sent off in the League Cup game.

exiled_gufc_fan
12/05/2006, 8:23 PM
our more mature hardcore to cross the line and make a bit of noise with ye we would be on the pigs back. Galway Harps wasnt meenan sent off in the League Cup game.

I've just come home from a 12 hour day at work and checked the latest score. and gone to heaven :D

6-1!!!! 15 minutes to go. We'd only scored 7 goals in 9 games before tonight.

Terry
13/05/2006, 11:14 AM
I would just like to say well done to the supporters making all the noise. They were brilliant last night, singing for the entire 90 minutes in full volume.

galwaygirl
13/05/2006, 12:56 PM
I would just like to say well done to the supporters making all the noise. They were brilliant last night, singing for the entire 90 minutes in full volume.
I'm so hoarse today :D :eek: :D

Mr A
13/05/2006, 9:04 PM
GUFCT- yeah he was, but the suspension will be served in the league cup as we're still in it. If we'd gone out he would have been suspended for the Athlone game. As it turns out Walsh was fit, not that it did us any good of course!

Red4Eva
13/05/2006, 9:57 PM
decent game, some nice football&some good goals. thought fran carter&murphy were very good. carter's capable of some nice football so playin in the centre kind of inhibits him but he had a bit more opportunity 2 be creative last night. reilly was fairly up for it last night, in the box any chance he got but the state of his finish for the 2nd, blessed! derek had a bit of joy last nite too, got to every ball played over the top&their right back made him look as quick as henry but his miss in the 1st half was disgraceful. not tryin to take anythin away from yer performance but monaghan were the worst team i've ever paid to see&i'd be worried bout the two goals ye conceded. noel o'connor was at the game. i'd say yer game against them could be decent

corbyeire
14/05/2006, 7:11 PM
fair play lads - ye create an atmosphere that you dont get off watching sky on the box in the armchair