PDA

View Full Version : Iraq - The hidden war

Mad Moose
09/05/2006, 9:41 AM
Pretty hardhitting insight into the war in Iraq on C4 last night.I dont think the programme made me any the wiser apart from the showing of a few strong images not normally seen as part of the reporting from Iraq. What I mean is I didnt learn anymore than I already knew but it obviously confirmed my understanding of the current situation. It is effectively civil war at this stage. The American soldiers killing the Iraqi who faked been dead.I'm not sure what threat these individuals posed for the guy holding the boy didnt seem to be a threat of any sort. Its going to take an awful long time to restore any stability to that country. Reporting gets more and more difficult and there is a reliance on Iraqi journalists to relay the stories. Some pretty gruesome footage, nothing more than you would expect from war time footage but it was very obvious that American forces had deliberately targeted unarmed civilians. Since the fall of the regime under Saddam its very hard to see how the country has moved forward.

Brendan

Closed Account 2
22/05/2006, 10:44 PM
They took the title off a book about Soviet Afghanistan, just to let you know...

cheifo
31/05/2006, 6:18 PM
Look Tony & George have come out and said they made some unfortunate mistakes(y'now hindsight,that ole divil) so everything is going to be ok now.

pete
31/05/2006, 9:10 PM
Americans like to compare all wars with Vietnam & Iraq is going to last a hell of a lot longer at this rate. I see no end in sight.

mypost
31/05/2006, 11:03 PM
I feel that the Iraq conflict, is more a case of civil war now, than anything else, as it's clear that the factions there will still be fighting each other, when the coalition's troops have packed up their weapons and left.