PDA

View Full Version : Danny Murphy back to QPR Rumour

Royfor
08/05/2006, 12:36 PM
Hoops Manager Gary Waddock(remember him from 88 Germany and Big Jacks Axe) about to swoop for Danny Murphy and bring him back to Loftus road.May happen end of our season or August in time for new English Championship season

A face
08/05/2006, 1:20 PM
Thats the rumour alright but totally unfounded right now.

Post a link to the story will you or mention that it is a rumour.

daveh
08/05/2006, 2:35 PM
On current form i cant see that happening,Anyway I dont think Danny would give up the chance to play in the Champions League

kingcolers
08/05/2006, 2:38 PM
Anyway I dont think Danny would give up the chance to play in the Champions League

That reasoning always amazes me. So you reckon he'd turn down the chance to play in the English Championship, in his home town, for many multiples of his current salary, for one tie (possibly two) in the Champs League qualifying rounds? Get real...

gufct
08/05/2006, 2:52 PM
be many multiples of his current salary.QPR are in dire financial straits and last season were lucky not to go down and next season could be worse with as many as 16 players being let go or sold. The top earners with Rangers last season were on £3,500 stg. As a supporter im disillusioned with the r's and more especially Gianni Palladini and the Board.

Superhoops
08/05/2006, 3:06 PM
Hoops Manager Gary Waddock(remember him from 88 Germany and Big Jacks Axe) about to swoop for Danny Murphy and bring him back to Loftus road.May happen end of our season or August in time for new English Championship seasonNever knew he played there before, when was that? Thought his previous clubs were Crewe, Liverpool, Charlton before Spurs?

That reasoning always amazes me. So you reckon he'd turn down the chance to play in the English Championship, in his home town, for many multiples of his current salary, for one tie (possibly two) in the Champs League qualifying rounds? Get real... Am sure he was born in Chester, not West London!!:confused:

CL games with Spurs, dont think so.

daveh
08/05/2006, 4:30 PM
That reasoning always amazes me. So you reckon he'd turn down the chance to play in the English Championship, in his home town, for many multiples of his current salary, for one tie (possibly two) in the Champs League qualifying rounds? Get real...

Surely any honest footballer would want to have a chance to play on the biggest club football stage in the world,no matter what stage it was at?

From what ive seen of Danny the last few years he seems like a very loyal player and i think the fact that he helped the club get to the champions league would give him good reason to stay

pineapple stu
08/05/2006, 4:34 PM
Superhoops, I think you've got the wrong Danny Murphy! :p

Superhoops
08/05/2006, 9:39 PM
Superhoops, I think you've got the wrong Danny Murphy! :p
It was a poor attempt to be facetious :) . I know that QPR are in trouble but I didn't think they they were that far in the sh*t that they would have to re-sign one of their 'nevermadeits' from Cork. If he wasnt good enough for QPR after a number of years there then he is hardly likely to have improved at Cork!

drinkfeckarse
09/05/2006, 7:50 AM
If he wasnt good enough for QPR after a number of years there then he is hardly likely to have improved at Cork!

What sort of attitude is that!? Do the words "regular football" and "decent level" mean anything to you?? Why do you think top clubs send their players out on loan to smaller clubs?? I've never seen him play before but I'd bet any money that he's came on in leaps and bounds since he left QPR...

pete
09/05/2006, 10:23 AM
Post a link with a quote or else this stays as a dodgy rumour.

harry crumb
09/05/2006, 1:51 PM
It was a poor attempt to be facetious :) . I know that QPR are in trouble but I didn't think they they were that far in the sh*t that they would have to re-sign one of their 'nevermadeits' from Cork. If he wasnt good enough for QPR after a number of years there then he is hardly likely to have improved at Cork!

Look closer to home. Look what happened Jason Byrne when he signed for Shels. He's now in the senior international squad.