PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers Vs. Finn Harps

Pages : [1] 2

sligoman
07/05/2006, 8:25 PM
Right, we lost to U.C.D. but next up is Harps, an underpar first division side, we're fully expected to win this, and win it in style(provided we've a strong side out). I expect Mansaram to play considering he's going to be suspended for our next league game. If McNamara is injured then we shouldn't risk him and we should play McKenzie instead. Brush should get a chance to prove himself in goal considering it's not a major match and Flannery should play up front with Flash. Foy should be rested but I don't think he will. Considering we have such a small squad, we can't really afford to drop big players but anyway...

My team would be:

Brush,

Kelly, Burns, McKenzie, Peers,

Hughes, Feeney, Curran, McCartney,

Mansaram, Flannery:eek:.

I think we'll win 2-0. Harps aren't as strong as they even were last season but we'll have to watch Stephen O'Donnell as we all know what he can do.

What do ye think lads?

Red4Eva
07/05/2006, 9:06 PM
i think harps might put out a weak team cos they've already lost gethins&gorman's been injured as well. they need to get back on track&winning a cupla league cup games is no benefit to em. connor sed last week that he was gonna use the game to experiment with formations etc. but a lotta ppl will need to be rested so he mightn't have many options. mcnamara went off injured so he'll hardly play even if it's not bad, dunno whether judge was injured or not yesterday. i'd say jay, curran, seanie kelly and bellew could start. mikey creane prob still has exams&steve mightn't be available.

brush
peers mckenzie burns kelly
faz turner curran jay
mansaram bellew

there's an u21 game the next day so it's hard to predict what the team will be tho

roversforever
08/05/2006, 8:22 AM
what time is kick off?i have a feeling we are going to get beaten. they are starting to find a bit of form and we are in a bad patch. this game brings back the memories of carlos' celebration against them last season.my favourite moment of the season:D

sligoman
08/05/2006, 11:04 AM
Kick off is 8pm.

Rory H
08/05/2006, 11:13 AM
gorman v gorman on the touchline possibly....its going to be one crap game anyway:p

we should win...aet

gustavo
08/05/2006, 11:46 AM
Id say Seean will put out a strongish team we need a win to boost morale after Saturday . Of course setbacks like that will happen to us this season so we shouldnt get too upset about it.

The Stars
08/05/2006, 12:51 PM
Bellew should get a run in this game....himself and the flash would make bits of harps

gustavo
08/05/2006, 1:14 PM
Heres hoping but i get hte feeling it might a case of "flash in the pan"

Rovers1
08/05/2006, 7:13 PM
. this game brings back the memories of carlos' celebration against them last season.my favourite moment of the season:D

is that the one when he directed the celebrations at robert cullen??...
wasnt that a league game v galway???

feo123
08/05/2006, 7:49 PM
id go wit: brush
Peers Burns McKenzie Foy
Curran Feeney Hughes Faz
McTiernan Judge

Bellew to come on at sum stage i hope!!

redrov2005
09/05/2006, 10:44 AM
Is this game defo at 8-00 ?

Rory H
09/05/2006, 10:55 AM
i heard its 7.30

ill be there at 6.50 so if its 8 0 clock it'll be a nice long wait

nephin
09/05/2006, 11:15 AM
On the Rovers website it says kick off is at 8.

Rory H
09/05/2006, 11:22 AM
i heard on ocean its 7.30

nephin
09/05/2006, 11:29 AM
Ah well I'll just have to go to Mooney's earlier to be on the safe side!
I wonder how many people will turn up to watch the game considering the Keane testimonial is on tv.

Rory H
09/05/2006, 11:55 AM
ill spend the time on debuting a brand new flag at the showgrounds tonight.....

SRFC Head
09/05/2006, 12:52 PM
I didn't realise we were ground sharing with Harps ;-)

From Rte.ie
Team news for Sligo Rovers v Finn Harps
Tuesday, 09 May 2006 12:35

Sligo Rovers boss Sean Connor is considering his options following his side's worst display of the season in losing 3-0 at UCD last Saturday.

Connor could make changes or give the team a chance to regain some pride.

Skipper Michael McNamara is definitely out as he came off at half time at Belfield with a foot injury.

Harps, buoyed by their 3-2 win over Dundalk at the Showgrounds on Thursday, are without midfielder Barry Curran who got married at the weekend.

Paraic
09/05/2006, 1:23 PM
Just double checked the start time - it is 8pm this evening.

Rovers1
09/05/2006, 1:35 PM
i wonder will there be much of a crowd?....roy keanes testemonial v celtic is on terrestrial tv and alot of people will be expecting rovers to have a young team out

gustavo
09/05/2006, 1:51 PM
Well if People would rather watch a glorified friendly game between 2 British Clubs in celebration of a man who walked out on Ireland 4 years ago than watch us play in a local derby of a competitive competition that could provide us with silverware then thats their own choice!

Fivesilver
09/05/2006, 1:54 PM
Hear, hear.

kkontour
09/05/2006, 2:37 PM
Well if People would rather watch a glorified friendly game between 2 British Clubs in celebration of a man who walked out on Ireland 4 years ago than watch us play in a local derby of a competitive competition that could provide us with silverware then thats their own choice!
I am an admirer of Roy Keane, Follow Man Utd and keep and eye on Celtics results, but this would not, and will not deter me from going to the Rovers. As should be the same for all real rovers Fans.

roversforever
09/05/2006, 3:48 PM
is that the one when he directed the celebrations at robert cullen??...
wasnt that a league game v galway???
ya thats the one.no im pretty sure it was the cup game against harps. the two goals he scored against galway were in terryland. come on he didn't score that many goals, its not exactly hard to remember!!!

roversforever
09/05/2006, 3:50 PM
i fcukn hate when people say that keano walked out on ireland. he did the right thing and highlighted the improvements that are needed in irish soccer.it was the most selfless thing in the world cos he gave up the chance to play in a world cup. im a big keano fan but i will be at the showgrounds tonight.

Mr_T
09/05/2006, 9:47 PM
next up is Harps, an underpar first division side

MMMMWAAHHHAAAAHAAAAAAA.

Humble pie anyone!! :D :D :D

The Stars
09/05/2006, 10:19 PM
sh!t match....Was sitting behind the away dug out as i usually do but never again.there was first of all, a dirty scruffy looking fat fcuker who wouldnt shut up giving off about mansaram....even went as far as racial abuse.

then there was that huge fat guy who ye all probably know,he takes up 2 seats,smokes and drinks about 10 cans of diet coke a game.well he was at it aswell towards Faz.bhind him were the 3 grumpy old men who were at the same sh!te.

Why do they even bother going to matches when they are just going to moan all the time......I swear to god if I hear "bring Faz off" one more time I think i might pull off my own ears.

sligoman
09/05/2006, 11:02 PM
MMMMWAAHHHAAAAHAAAAAAA.

Humble pie anyone!! :DEh no, considering it's true!

What a ****e match, that's the worst match I've seen in a long while. Both teams were terrible-I think that's how it ended up in penalties:p. Harps were better in the first half and us in the second, neither team deserved the win but considering we had a strong enough team out, I was disappointed and I'm really not looking forward to playing Drogheda on Saturday:o.

Neish
10/05/2006, 12:33 AM
Rnext up is Harps, an underpar first division side, we're fully expected to win this, and win it in style

We are f*ck all but were better than you

sligoman
10/05/2006, 12:42 AM
We are f*ck all but were better than youYes, ye totally outclassed throughout the 90 minutes:rolleyes:.

Judging by that response, I take it you weren't at the game?

Red4Eva
10/05/2006, 1:11 AM
....a dirty scruffy looking fat fcuker who wouldnt shut up giving off about mansaram....even went as far as racial abuse.

then there was that huge fat guy who ye all probably know,he takes up 2 seats,smokes and drinks about 10 cans of diet coke a game.

i used to sit in that block a cupla seasons back and the smokin used to wreck my stones as well. in fairness to faz he did his job 2nite and got stuck in, made 3 mistakes early in the 2nd half but i taut he was good apart from that. harps were pi$$ poor didn't deserve to win a dreadful match but we didn't create anythin&weren't much better. foyzer's passing was sh*te, hughes was below par, jay was only ok, judge was lazy&flannery did nothin really. turner was good. when i seen mckenzie had his back turned to the keeper when he placed the ball i said it straight away he'd miss. what the f*ck is o'donnell's problem? no1 said a bad word about him until he did his shhh gesture. i never expect a team to bounce back after one bad game for some reason so i wasn't too optimistic b4 this but hopefully we'll can get back to business on saturday&not lose 1-0.

at least the new jersey's nice

Bravo
10/05/2006, 9:09 AM
Sad to say but it was an improvment from the UCD game. Taught Faz done well, Bush impresed class save from O'Donnells shot, Peers done well enough. The Ref was sh1t & a pr1ck aswell!

Redzer
10/05/2006, 9:34 AM
Two terrible back to back performances. Sean promised us whatever team he put out, would give 100%. I'd say 50% against UCD and 60% last night. Not good enough.
P*ss poor bench last night. Only one striker. Where are the U21 lads, surely there must be a striker there. Feeney is not and never will be a striker.

Neish
10/05/2006, 9:40 AM
Yes, ye totally outclassed throughout the 90 minutes:rolleyes:.

Judging by that response, I take it you weren't at the game?

Yeas I was. If you read what I wrote you will see in lay mans terms is means we were **** but we won

roversforever
10/05/2006, 2:32 PM
i think some of our boys went out with a seriously bad attitude last night. some of them were down right lazy and just didn't look bothered. there was a lack of effort from some people.i don't like to name names but the worst offender was matt judge. faz hasn't been playing well lately but i can excuse that because he has been trying his best.what i can't but up with is players not putting in any effort. while we're on the subject i thought faz was much better last night and im sure he will get back to his best if the crowd get off his back. i think o donnells gesture was probably aimed at sean connor and it there was no need for what the shed were singing at him. he was a good player for us. finally does anybody know what that B.B.T flag was all about??

akearins
10/05/2006, 3:27 PM
First off anyone annoyed with moaning fans in the Treacy Avenu stand why not come over to the Jinks side for a bit of crack wher the players are encouraged rather than abused.
As for last nigght not going to say anything about the match itself but the referee and linesman on the Treacy Ave. side.
Ref was without a doubt the worst I ever saw in all my years supporting Rovers, I mean how can you book Gavin Peers for what he saw as a dive when he only went over after a great tackle form a harps player, didnt even look for a peno , and then when McCarthney was tugged back for a blatant peno he gave free out but yet claimed he dived but didnt book him.
Any on the Jinks side owudl have sen thsi incident and whn he blew the whistle no one would have thought he was going to give free out but definitely was going to point to the spot.
Also a free he gave against Foy, when he hadnt even made a challenge on the Harps #12.
As for his lino, ridiculous off side decisions on at least 5 decisions in second half honestly I do not think he knows the rule...
Ref was even laughing and sniggerimg at the crowd after some decisions....

Red4Eva
10/05/2006, 6:40 PM
Where are the U21 lads, surely there must be a striker there.

u21s are playin 2nite and they're so stuck for players you might see a cupla names u won't recognise on the team sheet. tony kelly was ref last nite and normally he's decent enough but he wasn't great last nite, the peers yellow card was a f*ckin joke&there was a few incidents where it was just pointless to blow for free kicks. a cupla of the "handballs" were were just stupid as well. but he's still not a patch on duddy or neil doyle

Rovers1
10/05/2006, 6:40 PM
. finally does anybody know what that B.B.T flag was all about??

it stands for bring back tosh

Magicme
11/05/2006, 9:21 AM
u21s are playin 2nite and they're so stuck for players you might see a cupla names u won't recognise on the team sheet. tony kelly was ref last nite and normally he's decent enough but he wasn't great last nite, the peers yellow card was a f*ckin joke&there was a few incidents where it was just pointless to blow for free kicks. a cupla of the "handballs" were were just stupid as well. but he's still not a patch on duddy or neil doyle

You only fielded [B]9[B] players on your Under 21's team against us last nite!!!

When I left with bout 10 mins to go in the match we were winning 4-0....not sure what the final result was! :D

Found out the final result was 7-0! I know u only had 9 men but jebus that was bad.

The Stars
11/05/2006, 11:16 AM
the underage set up is gone out the window up there....players are leaving and or not going to training or the matches, bit of a joke really

Magicme
11/05/2006, 11:23 AM
Its a terrible shame when that happens! We had some problems like that in previous years but thank god our U21 manager and his assisstant seem to have pulled in some good players and are making them work well together.

monutdfc
11/05/2006, 11:34 AM
the underage set up is gone out the window up there....players are leaving and or not going to training or the matches, bit of a joke really
Only last season or the season before the Sligo Rovers U-18's were in a national final (or semi-final at least). Has that squad simply broken up?

Donegalred
11/05/2006, 12:08 PM
Connor just doesn't have the interest. This new lad seems to have brought a little enthusiasm though. Heard he was in goals last nite. Ever since mickey feeney left things took a big dip.

Rory H
11/05/2006, 2:32 PM
ive got over this result now...its disappointing because there are no excuses for it....as sean connor said.....he said he will make changes for saturday,everyone should be fit[even flash and mc namara i think] but there will be changes.

he dislikes losing as much as we do but we have a very young side who are learning every game.we all know that from peers turner flash hughes foy o hara...all quality players and maybe they just need a bit of time to gel together...in a few weeks and next season we will see the potential be realized....

some guy was shouting abuse to connor from the shed after the game,just like stupid fans someone else mentioned, its annoying...patience is the key......id rather be playing drogs under pressure to get a result than say needing a result against galway.....we're in the premier division,we wouldnt be without sean

and well done to faz for getting stuck in tuesday...after hearing the muppets abusing him for nothing every single game its your duty as a sligo rovers fan[remember that] to support him....and not join in with the clowns that call themselves sligo rovers fans because they pay their 15 euro to make comments that belong in gaa land because they are so idiotic and pointless

gustavo
11/05/2006, 3:13 PM
Good post WR. I was sitting beside three bufoons in the main stand on tuesday who said nothing the whole game only tut tutting anytime a mistake was made and getting on Faz's back . I doubt I will go back to the Main Stand again and will probably head over the far side seems to be a bit more of a realisation of what a supporter should be over there.

The Stars
11/05/2006, 3:21 PM
were you behind the away dug out aswell gus? thats were those gobshiners were.
One of the guys who was behind us,the one who was making racist comments, well jay got fouled and fell on the ground.this moron said "Ah will ya get up"...I turned around to him and said what is he meant to do when he gets kicked.....this clown never heard of fcuking gravity!!!

Rovers1
11/05/2006, 6:18 PM
Good post WR. I was sitting beside three bufoons in the main stand on tuesday who said nothing the whole game only tut tutting anytime a mistake was made and getting on Faz's back . I doubt I will go back to the Main Stand again and will probably head over the far side seems to be a bit more of a realisation of what a supporter should be over there.

i think i may have been sitting in front of those guys....more interested in critisising than supporting!! hope faz has a great game on saturday!....really sicken everyone..including myself,because against Shels i was guilty of seeing red every time he lost the ball,he just seemed as if he WANTED to come off!!

SligoBrewer
11/05/2006, 11:03 PM
listen, faz had a great game compaed to what he usually has and set up our goal by some VERY good QUICK thinking...get off faz's back..i'm starting to feel like alone voice.

the stand is full of moaners and whingers who'd rather belittle the team.
i got sick of it like ye and stand in the shed now..

ditch the stand get the shed back to its former glory...it hurt on tuesday night after 3 hours of standing but....

NO SMOKING
NO WHINGING
A bit OF ATMOSPHERE

The Stars
12/05/2006, 9:16 AM
they should build a quite room like they have in church and put all those old c*nts in it....once one of them says something negative,it gets them all going and they never shut up.

SligoBrewer
12/05/2006, 9:02 PM
potm..potm!

Rovers1
13/05/2006, 9:19 AM
We are f*ck all but were better than you
:rolleyes:

and then ye go and do a stupid thing...like...em.... lose to athlone!!!:o

:D