PDA

View Full Version : Subscribing to Foot.ie

Paddyfield
06/05/2006, 10:45 PM
I know a few lads who have tried to join this forum but have been denied. How does it work? I tried many months before I successfully joined a few months ago.

Any advice for those reading these messages who can't get in?

Conor H
06/05/2006, 10:50 PM
You can't join with a hotmail,yahoo etc email adress.....just the way it is.
If ya look under support there's a thread there somewhere explaining why.
Best bet is to join with an eircom,vodafone etc addy.:)

bigball
08/05/2006, 12:36 PM
took me a number of attempts. it was only when i left all the boxes ticked that allow the site to send me mails etc that i was successful. maybe that was just a coincedance dunno?

dahamsta
08/05/2006, 1:58 PM
<Adam deletes 19 users in the email confirmation queue for more than 7 days. 19 morons.>

dahamsta
08/05/2006, 2:06 PM
Coincidence, yes. The usual problem is that junk/spam filters tend to trap the validation email, and people don't go looking for it. So, if you're having trouble joining, check your junk folder. This is clearly explained on the registration page, in big letters, highlighted in red.

1. Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and other freemail addresses are NOT ALLOWED on Foot.ie. Please register with your ISP / work / college email address.

2. A valid, deliverable address is required. A validation message with further instructions will be sent to this address. If you use a fake or incorrect address, your registration will be DELETED.

3. If you do not receive the validation message, please check your Junk / Spam folder. If you do not follow the instructions in this email, your registration will be DELETED.Despite this, people still try to subscribe using freemail addresses, and then complain afterwards that they can't register. I mean, seriously, duh.