PDA

View Full Version : Ireland -v- Scotland

greenumbro
06/05/2006, 2:16 PM
Is the Ireland/scotland game being broadcast today on TG4??? I was really looking forward to watching but just checked the tv schedule and it doesn't appear to be on!!??? :mad: Any help out there, is the match on tv or not??? Best of luck to the girls anyway! I hope the team r as successful as against the Swiss! :D

sligoman
07/05/2006, 8:50 PM
Ireland's women slipped to a crucial 2-0 defeat at the hands of Scotland at Richmond Park tonight. The Scots now overtake Ireland in the World Cup qualifying group.Ireland need a respectable qualifying campaign to remain with the top tier teams for future qualifying campaigns.

After a score-less first half, Scotland took the lead two minutes into the second period. After a well worked build-up Jo Love slotted home when faced one-on-one by Irish keeper Emma Byrne.

Julie Fleeting got through on goal with just five minutes remaining before rounding Byrne to make it 2-0. But for a good stop from Byrne, Scotland would have made it 3-0 in the closing moments. The Arsenal keeper managed to push Fleeting's header onto the crossbar and away to safety.

Ireland: Byrne, O’Connor, Boyle (O'Gorman 87), Curtin, Moran, Hughes, Grant, Caldwell (Scanlon 55), O’Brien, Taylor (O'Toole 71), Malone.

Scotland: Fay, Smith, McDonald, Dieke, Ross (Jones 33), Love, Grant, Malone (Burns 55), Fleeting, Hamill (McBride 79), Grant.

http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=4560

greenumbro
08/05/2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for that Sligo man... The match wasn't on tv, was it? I was really looking forward to watching it after all the hype over the Swiss agme (which I missed) ah well, it prob wouldn't have been the same watching them being defeated anyway.
Thanks again.