PDA

View Full Version : Cork City 2 - 0 Waterford

Fair_play_boy
06/05/2006, 11:14 AM
OK we got all three points but I was disappointed by City's tactics. Waterford might have had two early goals but for Divine intervention and a poor pass from the Waterford right wing. We were not wide enough, and when we lost possession in midfield, the sheep brigade were quick and nimble down the middle. This game did not look like a Munster derby. Still, it is our first win against our neighbours since 2004, so that can't be so baaaaad.
Divine 6. Didn't have much to do after that brilliant first half save one-on-one.
Benno 6. Got caught twice flat footed in the first ten minutes, but after that was more effective.
Dan Murray 7. Made some excellent short runs and accurate passes to midfield, especially Joey Gamble.
Hoggie 7. Usual stonewall reliable Hog. Hope his injury is not too bad.
Cillian Lordan 7. I thought Cillian came in at a very difficult time in the game, but stepped up to the mark well in Hoggie's place. He was not great when he came forward, but did well enough defending against that lively little cnut from sheepland.
Dan Murphy 8. When will midfield put their spectacles on, and realise that Danny offers them constant width on the left? He kept making himself free in loads of space giving the midfield options to get out of traffic, but they used him only 2 or 3 times all night.
Georgie 7. Flashes of brilliance, but some poxy passes took away from what could have been an outstanding game for him. Took his free kick in the first half well. The ref should really have protected him more from the sheep shaggers. His skill in passing three Waterford defenders (at the same time) to set up the second goal was possibly the best piece of individual play I have seen at Turners Cross.
Colin O'Brien 9. Does this man ever have a bad game? Full of passion, great positional sense, never gives up, and a great passer of the ball.
Joey Gamble 9. Same as Colin, basically. Should have taken a shot on goal early in the first half, but laid it off unselfishly for Roy.
Roy 6. If Roy used his obvious talent to bring other players into the game sooner, we would probably win many more games. I think he takes too much out of the ball at times.
Fenn 9. I still think we have not seen the full extent of Fenn's vision. His close ball control and deceptive trickery are a joy to watch. But it is his composure that is the icing on the cake.
Flynnie 9. Terrific night after coming back from injury. What a handful. Took his goal well against a handy keeper. Didn't see him getting injured.
Behan 7. When he came on first I thought he was a bit dozy. Finished his goal well, and could have had two if he learned about the offside rule.

The ref: had the balls to give their number 3 the second yellow, but he let some shocking tackles go unpunished.