PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Lennox, get your priorities right!

Fair_play_boy
06/05/2006, 10:30 AM
It was a shame to see how some City supporters were treated last night when the heavy shower came mid-way through the first half. From the Derrynane side I saw about a hundred people on the lower tier of the Donie Forde stand scramble up the steps towards the covered area to escape the rain. At that time, the covered area was about a third full. The security people refused them access!
I know that this season, the covered area is reserved for season ticket holders only. However, there were many more empty seats available than the numbers of people who were trying to get out of the heavy rain.
The supporters provide the wages to pay for security. Why would you want to use that same money to keep those paying supporters out in the rain?
OK, eventually they started to leave people up into the empty sections of the stand. But the security people should be allowed the discretion to accomodate fans when the need arises.

pete
06/05/2006, 11:33 AM
Well someone has gone to the trouble of paying for a season ticket in advance so they would have a guaranteed roof & seat.

I don't see what the problem is as you say they let people up eventually.

:rolleyes:

Shouldn't this thread be on the official site forum?

A face
06/05/2006, 1:09 PM
info@corkcityfc.ie

Risteard
06/05/2006, 4:37 PM
Mr.Lennox, get your priorities right?

That's a bit hard to get my head round now in fairness.
Maybe you should get your priorities right instead of going to such imaginative lengths for Whingefest 2006.
How exactly do you propose we 'bring back' the Shed?
Show a bit of faith ffs.

fabio
06/05/2006, 6:30 PM
It was a shame to see how some City supporters were treated last night when the heavy shower came mid-way through the first half. From the Derrynane side I saw about a hundred people on the lower tier of the Donie Forde stand scramble up the steps towards the covered area to escape the rain. At that time, the covered area was about a third full. The security people refused them access!
I know that this season, the covered area is reserved for season ticket holders only. However, there were many more empty seats available than the numbers of people who were trying to get out of the heavy rain.
The supporters provide the wages to pay for security. Why would you want to use that same money to keep those paying supporters out in the rain?
OK, eventually they started to leave people up into the empty sections of the stand. But the security people should be allowed the discretion to accomodate fans when the need arises.

You really need to relax a little a realise that not everyhting in this world is perfect.

-Was Lennox not one of the businessmen who saved Cork City from death after the Bishopstown winding-up order? Yes he was.

-Was Lennox left on his own to take up the running of the club when the rest if the board left back in 2002(could be wrong with dates)? Yes he was.

-Did he take on City when no one else would and has he kept City financially safe through the years ensuring that wr have games to actually go to? Yes he has.

Its true for the saying, eaten bread is soon forgotten.

As for the rain - AFAIK it was Lennox who instructed the security to allow people under the roof...it just took time for the descision to filter through to all of the security (you know the way they are).

As Risteard said - have a little faith.

By the way the shed is being started on in 2 weeks time by the same group who did the Donie Forder Stand and who are currently doin Turners Cross Motors. It will take about 6 months and after that a roof is being put on the St. Annes End.

Wait for it................the builders are using green diesel in their diggers...blame Lennox sher!

Fair_play_boy
07/05/2006, 1:55 AM
Shouldn't this thread be on the official site forum?Why? What's wrong with this one?

daveh
07/05/2006, 4:39 PM
Lads maybe this is a bit irrelevent on this thread but every week im noticing that the season ticket section is only about half(2/3 at a stretch) full which leads me to ask are seats being reserved for tickets that havent been bought yet?

Either that or there were a lot of free sponsors season tickets handed out and they arent bothering to use them.Personally I think a fan who pays every week instead of buying a season ticket is as entitled to having a roof over their heads as a season ticket holder...at the end of the day your paying more money come the end of the season

Troy.McClure
08/05/2006, 6:58 PM
Maybe punters should get their own priorities right and bring jackets and umbrellas with them if they are going to sit outside when the weather looks dodgy?

A face
08/05/2006, 9:55 PM
Maybe punters should get their own priorities right and bring jackets and umbrellas with them if they are going to sit outside when the weather looks dodgy?

Troy .... that was quite simply a great post. Its bang on the money in my opinion. Nice one head !!

pete
09/05/2006, 10:15 AM

Recommended... :D

Dricky
09/05/2006, 10:25 AM
Recommended... :D

Jeeze Pete, that's not even our away gear....... and you forgot the oil skins....

pete
09/05/2006, 11:13 AM
Jeeze Pete, that's not even our away gear....... and you forgot the oil skins....

Latest City Merchendise... the Rico hat.

Éanna
09/05/2006, 11:58 AM
Lads maybe this is a bit irrelevent on this thread but every week im noticing that the season ticket section is only about half(2/3 at a stretch) full which leads me to ask are seats being reserved for tickets that havent been bought yet?

Either that or there were a lot of free sponsors season tickets handed out and they arent bothering to use them.Personally I think a fan who pays every week instead of buying a season ticket is as entitled to having a roof over their heads as a season ticket holder...at the end of the day your paying more money come the end of the season
I know of people who have season tickets and a reserved seat, but don't always use the season ticket section.

Fair_play_boy
10/05/2006, 10:47 PM
Personally I think a fan who pays every week instead of buying a season ticket is as entitled to having a roof over their heads as a season ticket holder. I agree.