PDA

View Full Version : Keeley hints at walking out on Vikings

el punter
05/05/2006, 11:00 PM
In Friday's Sun Keeley is yammering about what a great move the Castleknock venture is for Bohs, and they need to be getting strong motivated people in to the club. He finishes the article off with "Oh, and I'm available".

Is he being funny or what?

I would be ****ed off with him big style if I was one of the 2 dozen people in the country that supported Dublin City.

pete
05/05/2006, 11:02 PM
I would be ****ed off with him big style if I was one of the 2 dozen people in the country that supported Dublin City.

Can we stick to the facts please? This is worse than the Attendances thread. I think you mean half dozen...

el punter
05/05/2006, 11:06 PM
Well Pete, it was six of one, half a dozen of the...

pineapple stu
05/05/2006, 11:27 PM
Think it's about time for Keely to be talking about moving on alright. I mean, he's been there what - 18 months at this stage? Must be a record!

He certainly set the trend in his first managerial job - lasted 8 games at UCD before leaving!

gustavo
05/05/2006, 11:33 PM
Some people try to visit all 22 league grounds , Dermots aim is to manage all 22 and he isnt getting any younger so I think we should allow one man to fulfill his wishes without being smart about it.

A face
06/05/2006, 12:01 AM
Oh my gawd ..... he is not going to do it is he ?? :eek:

There is no way he can serious think of walking from another club ... what is this guy actually thinking, no one actually took him seriously when he got the job and now he is compounding it, surely the guy is actually aware of whats going on around him ??

And whats worse is some of the papers take the guys word as gospel on serious issue in the league .... they guy is a failure. The last club he did well at was Shels .... every other club he failed at (am i wrong??)

sligoman
06/05/2006, 12:08 AM
Oh my gawd ..... he is not going to do it is he ?? :eek:Next stop-Cork:p :D.

Roverstillidie
06/05/2006, 1:55 AM
Some people try to visit all 22 league grounds , Dermots aim is to manage all 22 and he isnt getting any younger so I think we should allow one man to fulfill his wishes without being smart about it.

:D :D

CollegeTillIDie
06/05/2006, 9:20 AM
Keely is only on around 12 ( 11 current clubs)
U.C.D., Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers,Longford Town, Dundalk, Finn Harps, Athlone Town, Shelbourne, Derry City, Kildare County,
Dublin City/Home Farm Everton

so he still has another 11 to go :D
And they are Bohemians , Bray Wanderers , Cork City , Cobh Ramblers , Drogheda United , Galway United ,Kilkenny City , Limerick F.C., Monaghan United, St.Patrick's Athletic,Waterford United

EireBadBoy
06/05/2006, 9:38 AM
.... every other club he failed at (am i wrong??)

Nope, you're very, very right.

The Stars
06/05/2006, 11:08 AM
that must be an world record for a manager, managing half of the club sides in one country.seriously...well done dermot

Rory H
06/05/2006, 11:11 AM
when he comes to the showgies he get the usual abuse...ie your wife is a ho...but after reading this thread i think thats a bit harsh on her

pete
06/05/2006, 11:15 AM
I would think he is just bored with Dublin City. No disrespect to their supporters but Keely must know no point to them now. He can survive in the Premier but will never have funds to progress & soon won't have a ground to play in & the FAI will probably kick out of new Premier league next season anyway.

CollegeTillIDie
06/05/2006, 12:00 PM
Nope, you're very, very right.
In the interests of balance here is what he has won as a manager:-
Premier Division League Championships :Shamrock Rovers 1986/87; Dundalk 1994/95; Shelbourne 1999/00
Premier Division Runner-up Shelbourne 2000/01
First Division Runner-up Sligo Rovers 1989/90; Finn Harps 1995/96;Dublin City 2005
First Division Shield winner Home Farm Everton 1997/98
League Cup runner-up Shamrock Rovers 1986/87
F.A.I. Cup wins Shamrock Rovers 1987; Shelbourne 2000;

So yes given that he has won practically every trophy on offer he has been an abject failure:D

Dodge
06/05/2006, 12:11 PM
He also played for Pats. Maybe one or two more...

His side were awful last night.

dcfcsteve
06/05/2006, 12:23 PM
Premier Division League Championships :Shamrock Rovers 1986/87; Dundalk 1994/95; Shelbourne 1999/00
First Division Runner-up Sligo Rovers 1989/90; Finn Harps 1995/96;Dublin City 2005

So yes given that he has won practically every trophy on offer he has been an abject failure:D

A good list of achievements - at first glance.....

But look again. Prior to getting Dublin City out of the First Division last year, he hadn't achieved anything since 2000/1. Irish football has noticeably moved-on in standards and support since the millenium. Keely's footballing approach/abilities haven't.....

And you could do almost as long a list of the clubs he came close to destroying. City and Harps being two for starters....

A face
06/05/2006, 2:02 PM

Ah c'mon Dermot ... dont get so upset !! :p

Derek
06/05/2006, 2:10 PM
bolix, the man is a legend.

Speranza
06/05/2006, 2:43 PM
You are right Derek. A legend, him and Alan Matthews - footballing messiahs. I have had enough of of the free passing, open, skillfull style of football, just what do we think we are, ambitious?. It's time to get back to hoof and hope! Keely for President!

pineapple stu
07/05/2006, 12:02 AM
"I told my team not to play football against them - if we played football, we'd get hammered." Superbly forward-thinking approach alright...

A face
07/05/2006, 12:39 AM
bolix, the man is a legend.

At least you can see the funny side to it .... but being honest, the guy has an unreal track record. You might be saying to yourself "fĂșck it, its ok if we get someone else in next November" .... that would be fine if the they had some staying power .... he has none .... he'll be out the gap before you notice and you guys will be left trying to stay up with no one at the helm.

pineapple stu
07/05/2006, 12:41 AM
Can we stick to the facts please? This is worse than the Attendances thread. I think you mean half dozen...
:D

John83
07/05/2006, 12:43 AM
tO BE FAIR HE CAN GET A TEAM OUT OF THE FIRST BUT AS WELL AS THAT HE CAN GET THEM OUT OF THE PREMIER
From the fact that you started that with a lower case t, I assume you just didn't notice that the caps lock was on. Small piece of computing advice: Monitor should be on.

pineapple stu
07/05/2006, 12:44 AM
Warning. Above poster may be drunk.

A face
07/05/2006, 12:45 AM
From the fact that you started that with a lower case t, I assume you just didn't notice that the caps lock was on. Small piece of computing advice: Monitor should be on.

Maybe it was just intonation but over the whole sentence ?? :eek: :p

John83
07/05/2006, 12:47 AM
Warning. Above poster may be drunk.
What do you mean "may be"?

John83
07/05/2006, 12:49 AM
Maybe it was just intonation but over the whole sentence ?? :eek: :p
iNTONATION?! hOW dO yOU pRONOUNCE a wORD lIKE tHAT? :D

A face
07/05/2006, 1:11 AM
iNTONATION?! hOW dO yOU pRONOUNCE a wORD lIKE tHAT? :D

Its no easy task ... you'd need a skin full inside before you try, a pint or ten should do the trick !! :D

pete
07/05/2006, 9:49 AM
So this will Keelys 2nd retirement from the eL? Can only imagine what kind of school teacher he is....

A face
07/05/2006, 12:03 PM
Can only imagine what kind of school teacher he is....

I'd say he'd been in the office all the time over attendance, but not the students ... his own !! :p

pineapple stu
07/05/2006, 12:48 PM
Wonder how many schools he's taught in?

Aaron
08/05/2006, 9:21 AM
Wot a ****. Came up here and bought two lumps of centre halfs to hoof it up to coyle and beckett were they were continually beat in the air by the big centre halfs. Never seen a string of passes put together in the eight weeks he was here. Thank god we got shot of him!

pineapple stu
08/05/2006, 12:53 PM
I was in the Oak Grove the moment the news broke. Don't think I ever saw so many Derry fans so happy at a 2-0 home defeat to UCD! :D

hoops1
08/05/2006, 12:58 PM
Its amazing how one man making a joke can get so many people
hot under the collar

A face
08/05/2006, 4:01 PM
Its amazing how one man making a joke can get so many people
hot under the collar

What man made what joke ..... it was Keeley own words in the Sun newspaper, are you saying he was lying ??

hoops1
08/05/2006, 4:26 PM
Holy sweet jesus
read the article again, he was only joking.

A face
08/05/2006, 4:33 PM
Holy sweet jesus
read the article again, he was only joking.

Dont have it now ..... sorry !! :p

Fair nuff so ..... but at least its a measure of what people thinking of Keeley and his track record.

Just from my own opinion, he actually doesn't help himself at all when he is getting digs in at the league in the papers (previous articles and comments). I hate that when its not constructive, balanced and pointless. If there is something wrong or needs changing or whatever is happening then talk about it, but do not exaggerate, mislead or ridicule aspects of the league when you are actually work in the league and are partly to blame given your position. If a manager shows no ambition and does not have the best interests of the league at heart then that is no ones fault only his own. That my opinion anyway and what i reacted in this thread.

el punter
08/05/2006, 4:40 PM
Last 3 pars of relevant article:

"Moving to a new stadium would represent a fresh dawn for Bohs and it would set them up for years to come.

It would help them shed their dowdy image and create a new one for themselves.

There would be a chance for some dynamic people to come on board and bring the club forward. Oh, and I'm available"

If it's a joke - I don't get it. :confused:

hoops1
08/05/2006, 5:01 PM
I give up.
He also said he could captain the ugly 11
and that he looked like Dustin the Turkey
Was he being serious then.
If he openly and seriously offered his services In a national newspaper
he would be sacked(Is he that stupid? does he need the hassle?Would a quiet phone call be better if he was?).
Get a grip man

el punter
08/05/2006, 5:13 PM
If that's the general style of his articles then maybe I could see how it was a very dry joking remark. But that's the first time I've ever read his Sun column so I'm not 'in' on the gag I suppose.

....takes time out to consider implications of an article in The Sun being over his head...

...assumes pompous blissful gait thinking how superior one must be to Sun readers if said paper's attempt at humour raises as much glee as a cup final defeat

A face
08/05/2006, 11:13 PM
If that's the general style of his articles then maybe I could see how it was a very dry joking remark. But that's the first time I've ever read his Sun column so I'm not 'in' on the gag I suppose.
....takes time out to consider implications of an article in The Sun being over his head...
...assumes pompous blissful gait thinking how superior one must be to Sun readers if said paper's attempt at humour raises as much glee as a cup final defeat

Have to say thats what i was thinking too ..... if it was an 'inside' joke then it really was done well because it was as funny as a heart attack. But if it was humour, of any style then, as i said ... i take it all back.

pineapple stu
08/05/2006, 11:15 PM
If he openly and seriously offered his services In a national newspaper he would be sacked
Dublin City couldn't afford to sack him.

sullanefc
08/05/2006, 11:44 PM
I can't imagine Garreth Farrelly being too impressed with another league manager pimping himself for his job. Is this a trait of all DCFC managers?? Roddy??

Raheny Red
09/05/2006, 11:37 AM
Yesterday in the Sun while talking about the Pats game, he said he felt "suicidal" due to the bad performance from his lot! :eek: