Shelbourne 1-0 Drogheda Utd 8.00
S Byrne 12

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
Dundalk 0-1 Finn Harps 7.45
Walsh 12

Two more predictions of mine with the arse blown out of them.:p

micls
04/05/2006, 7:34 PM
Very interesting to see what happens now. Do they have a plan B? Don't think they'll score two but who knows

Poor Student
04/05/2006, 7:44 PM
Very interesting to see what happens now. Do they have a plan B? Don't think they'll score two but who knows

I wondered that after playing UCD. They looked like they had nothing about them to score 2 from behind. We'll see.

higgins
04/05/2006, 8:00 PM
They are lucky not to have conceded their first 3 league goals

John83
04/05/2006, 8:01 PM
Hallelujah. Here's to many more!

Buller
04/05/2006, 8:08 PM
Finn Harps now 2-0 up against dundalk... :)

Buller
04/05/2006, 8:16 PM
Dundalk 1-3 Finn Harps

dfx-
04/05/2006, 8:26 PM
Dundalk 1-3 Finn Harps

*gives up predicting anything in the First Division*

pineapple stu
04/05/2006, 9:04 PM
2-1 Shels in the end. Drogs lucky to be still in it at the end really. How many chances does Jason Byrne want?!

iceman
04/05/2006, 9:15 PM
poor performance from Drogs , but could easily have ended up 2-2. Fahey had a great effort saved by Delaney and Drogs denied an absolute clear penalty when Jason Byrne handled the ball in the penalty area.

OneRedArmy
04/05/2006, 9:25 PM
Drogs denied an absolute clear penalty when Jason Byrne handled the ball in the penalty area.Stonewall peno. I don't know what the commentators were prattling on about "its hard to see where it hit" etc., they had the benefit of replay and Byrne made a diving save that Delaney would have been proud of.

Great officiating yet again.

BUT Drogs didn't deserve to be in the game, Shels tactics in the last 10 were awful. Defending with 10 men at the back like some non-League team trying to see out a cup-tie.

pineapple stu
04/05/2006, 9:27 PM
Drogs denied an absolute clear penalty when Jason Byrne handled the ball in the penalty area.
What about Bradley's handball from the corner?

In fairness, the replay was far from clear as to whether the ball hit Byrne on the chest or on the hand. The fact he went off injured almost immediately suggests he got a hit in the chest or throat, making it not a penalty.

crc
04/05/2006, 10:39 PM
The replay was shocking. Did they not have any other angles to look at?? Drogs were never in it until Fahey's shot right at the end which could have snatched a draw. (Peno appeal was when Drogs were 2-0 down). I would have preferred a draw, but United scarcely deserved their single goal.

Drogman.
05/05/2006, 8:50 AM
Shels were excellent last night, deserved the win, but that was a peno, no doubt about it. I had a perfect view, but anyway it wouldn't have made any difference to the result.

Shels will be a force this season, but I will say that when we eventually started to play after Fahey and Fitzy came on we started to get more joy down our right and their left. Rogers doesn't seem to be too comfortable down there and that's where we exploited them for the goal.

After 9 games we suffer our first defeat, ah well, I'd rather lose to Shels than to Waterford (No offence;) )

We'll bounce back, and it'll be nice to do so against Craptown on Monday night.

pete
05/05/2006, 10:49 AM
Shels were worthy winners but also showed how frail theor defence is & just do not look like will have many clean sheets.

Drogs were totally out played in the first half & looks like need to score first against them to beat them.

Could be most exciting title race for many years.

Maynard
05/05/2006, 11:45 AM
Nailer for Ireland...

Ceirtlis
05/05/2006, 11:49 AM
It was a pretty good game especially in the first half. standard dropped in the last 15 minutes. what were shels doing at the end they controlled the whole game then in the last 5 minutes they were almost willing drogheda to score with their tactics. great performance by gary o'neill he was out in front for every ball and must have won about 15 free kicks.

SeanDrog
05/05/2006, 12:18 PM
well done Shels - you beat us fair and square - good professional performance , I think some of our players and tactics let us down on the night but even if we had have been playing to 100% of our ability I think we still would have found it a very very tough match.

el punter
05/05/2006, 2:11 PM
I think Shels could go on a big run from here. It's important that the Drogs don't view it as too much of a set back, there's still a lot of quality there but it's a valid point (made by Bucko I think) that they don't create many chances.

hoops1
05/05/2006, 3:46 PM
Shels played some lovely football in the first half.
(Reason No Crawley?) and deserved to win over the 90.Drogheda were just starting to get back into it when Shels got the second.Its going to be a great race this year

CollegeTillIDie
06/05/2006, 10:00 AM
Shels played some lovely football in the first half.
(Reason No Crawley?)

If Pat Fenlon is reading this... please note ;) neutrals will come to watch you in greater numbers playing the way you did against Drogheda.