PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup

Pages : [1] 2

DmanDmythDledge
03/05/2006, 5:54 PM
Just seen the draw. Got Kilkenny away-should be easy enough.

John83
03/05/2006, 5:58 PM
Famous last words. Still, nice draw.

I assume this is going to be played on the 26th? I think Kilkenny play Fridays.

pineapple stu
03/05/2006, 6:09 PM
Saturdays, no? 'Twas the last time we played them anyway.

Good draw. Would have preferred someone really random like Athenry or Killester of Carrigaline away, but seeing as the last time Kilkenny beat us was in 1995 (in the Cup...), we can't raelly complain. Something like won 8, drawn 2 since then. Should be a good trip too - maybe bus down and then bus back for those who want and a night out on the town for those who want to stay on?

John83
03/05/2006, 7:04 PM
Saturdays, no? 'Twas the last time we played them anyway.

Good draw. Would have preferred someone really random like Athenry or Killester of Carrigaline away, but seeing as the last time Kilkenny beat us was in 1995 (in the Cup...), we can't raelly complain. Something like won 8, drawn 2 since then. Should be a good trip too - maybe bus down and then bus back for those who want and a night out on the town for those who want to stay on?
Let's get a bus that doesn't have a detachable roof this time. :)

Poor Student
03/05/2006, 7:23 PM
The bodhran can sit this trip out so.:D

pineapple stu
03/05/2006, 7:41 PM
We can drink in the ground though! :)

John83
03/05/2006, 8:37 PM
We can drink in the ground though! :)
Ssh! We don't want to get the best damn stewards in the league in trouble.

Schumi
03/05/2006, 9:16 PM
We won't be surprised at having to turn down a farm entrance style lane to the ground either. :D A nice draw, should be a fun trip too.

pineapple stu
04/05/2006, 12:44 PM
Forgot of course that we've already beaten them 5-1 this season too!

CollegeTillIDie
05/05/2006, 10:05 PM
GIven they have 4 or 5 ex Under 21 players from our club they will have some inside information. What about this season's results makes you lot so bloody cocky? :(

pineapple stu
05/05/2006, 11:37 PM
The fact we've already beaten them 5-1? Or maybe the fact that they've won one in nine?

Anyway, none of us are cocky. Just confident as, with respect to Kilkenny, there were harder draws to be gotten. I had us worked out as number 30 in the draw, and was p!ssed off when they were drawn away to Bohs...only to find out that was Waterford Crystal! Had forgotten about Wayside Celtic, thank God!

CollegeTillIDie
06/05/2006, 8:56 AM
Yes there were harder draws. But it's sometimes teams that are doing diddly squat in the League that come good in the Cup and cause upset results. Brighton getting relegated in 1983 and reaching the F.A. Cup Final being a prime Example. Bray winning the F.A.I. Cup in 1999 an example closer to home, they went down the same season.

Colie
23/05/2006, 6:41 PM
What time is the bus leaving? I have to go straight from work to the Montrose.

Schumi
23/05/2006, 6:42 PM
4:30 probably.

John83
25/05/2006, 6:35 PM
...wee takin directions from a local lad who should have known
I've always been rather more keen to blame the bus driver who didn't know his bus wouldn't fit under the clearly marked height restriction. The driver seemed to maintain that the kid should have known the height of the bus. :rolleyes:

pineapple stu
25/05/2006, 6:39 PM
And also the fact that, having smashed the first window, he kept on driving and smashed the second one! :D

DmanDmythDledge
25/05/2006, 7:41 PM
Are we going to be allowed drink on this bus or will we have to do it on the sly?

John83
25/05/2006, 7:45 PM
Are we going to be allowed drink on this bus or will we have to do it on the sly?
Just don't ****, vomit or annoy your elders on it. ;)

Schumi
26/05/2006, 1:03 PM
Bring a large newspaper just to be on the safe side. :D

DmanDmythDledge
26/05/2006, 3:37 PM
How much to get into the ground? Is the bus €15 or €20?

Schumi
26/05/2006, 3:38 PM
Bus is €20. Don't know about entry, probably between €6 and €8 student price.

Schumi
26/05/2006, 3:40 PM
What is **** as a matter of interest? Does it start with a 'p' or an 's'? Just so I'm prepared. :eek:

John83
26/05/2006, 5:31 PM
well if i go theres a good chance i'll drink, **** vomit AND annoy my elders on it If you do that, there's a good chance you'll be found lying on the side of the road to Dublin some time the following morning. ;)

John83
26/05/2006, 6:35 PM
I THINK THAT IS THE FUNNIEST STATEMENT EVER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
You're a bit simple, aren't you? :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
29/05/2006, 6:34 AM
John83

Yes he must be, cause it's too difficult to get into North Korea :D

DmanDmythDledge
29/05/2006, 9:26 PM
With two of the big boys out does anyone think we have a realistic chance of winning the cup this year? We usually do well in the cups and I feel that Derry are the only team we should be worried about having trouble against, although a few others would still be considered a test. I also think we should watch out for Limerick as a First Division team usually does well, plus they will be in good form probably and have already beaten the Drogs tonight. However I still think we would beat them.

CollegeTillIDie
30/05/2006, 7:24 AM
With two of the big boys out does anyone think we have a realistic chance of winning the cup this year? We usually do well in the cups and I feel that Derry are the only team we should be worried about having trouble against, although a few others would still be considered a test. I also think we should watch out for Limerick as a First Division team usually does well, plus they will be in good form probably and have already beaten the Drogs tonight. However I still think we would beat them.

It depends on the draw dmand. If we get a reasonable draw and say Shels draw Derry City then yes we could have a chance because when we did win it, the draws paired big guns against one another right up to the semi. Shels got Rovers in 1984 we got Waterford United and beat them 1-0 to reach the final.

Poor Student
30/05/2006, 8:51 AM
I'd still be highly doubtful that we'd win it. We went out to Bray last year who we could reasonably have expected to beat (granted we should have had a last minute peno). All the Premier opponents and Limerick and Rovers could prove difficult. I'll just take it one round at a time and see how it goes. Right now I'd consider Derry favourites.

Superhoops
30/05/2006, 9:36 AM
I'd still be highly doubtful that we'd win it. We went out to Bray last year who we could reasonably have expected to beat (granted we should have had a last minute peno). All the Premier opponents and Limerick and Rovers could prove difficult. I'll just take it one round at a time and see how it goes. Right now I'd consider Derry favourites.
Get over it!!!! Your'e beginning to sound like you're from Cork :rolleyes:

Poor Student
30/05/2006, 9:38 AM
Get over it!!!! Your'e beginning to sound like you're from Cork :rolleyes:

It was pretty blatant. You got through and fair play to you, we should not have found ourselves 3 goals down, made it too hard for ourselves. Relax.

lefty
30/05/2006, 6:25 PM
I want Bray at home next round. Weve a bloody great chance of winning it, and most of the other teams will be thinking that aswel. As long as we avoid Derry away in the next round we can win it. Just avoid that and we have a great chance. I feel we have enough players to pull out all the stops in this cup adventure that weve started. We are good enough to draw away with any team left in the competition (bar Derry) and i think we can scalp anyone who steps into Fortress Belfield

Bald Student
30/05/2006, 6:29 PM
It was pretty blatant. You got through and fair play to you, we should not have found ourselves 3 goals down, made it too hard for ourselves. Relax.No we didn't it's a Bray conspiracy. I sick of being ridden rock solid by seagulls.

lefty
30/05/2006, 6:31 PM
It happened we move on, if you didnt let McKeon know your feelings that night u missed out. Best way of getting even is stuffing them in the cup on our road to victory

pineapple stu
30/05/2006, 6:40 PM
Would be happy with Killester at home!

I suppose, in reality, you just want a home draw, preferably avoiding Derry and Shels.

DmanDmythDledge
12/07/2006, 9:56 PM
Will be a tough game. We proved when we were in the First that there is not much of a difference in standard between top of the First and Premier. Despite this if we play to the top of our ability and play the passing game we are capable of we should win. Limerick's defence has been very good this season so I think a win in Belfield is necessary to avoid any potential banana skin in Hogan Park.

DmanDmythDledge
17/08/2006, 1:00 AM
Will be a tough game. We proved when we were in the First that there is not much of a difference in standard between top of the First and Premier. Despite this if we play to the top of our ability and play the passing game we are capable of we should win. Limerick's defence has been very good this season so I think a win in Belfield is necessary to avoid any potential banana skin in Hogan Park.
Oh how things have changed.:)

lefty
17/08/2006, 3:41 PM
They have? Enlighten us

DmanDmythDledge
17/08/2006, 5:55 PM
They have? Enlighten us
They have gone 7 games without a win and have slipped from top of the table to 6th.

lefty
18/08/2006, 11:19 AM
As supposed to us who are setting the Premier Division alight at the moment. If i was the Limerick manager id be thinking that theyve a decent chance of getting a draw

lefty
18/08/2006, 11:20 AM
And this is the cup the one place where form can go right out the window

pineapple stu
18/08/2006, 12:40 PM
In fairness, all he said was that things have changed to an extent. And they have.

lefty
18/08/2006, 2:46 PM
Nothing has changed as far as im concerned anyway, I wouldnt look at a league table for cup games. That goes out the window, thankfully for small teams like ourselves. Cups are one off games which rises players even if they are doing sh!t at the present time. Thats what makes the cup so exciting and unpredictable aswel

DmanDmythDledge
21/08/2006, 9:28 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming game? I think we have every reason to be confident and might go on a goalscoring spree and score twice at least.

Student Mullet
21/08/2006, 9:32 PM
2 - 0 up after 15 mins. Easy, Easy. Finishes 2-2 and we loose next Tuesday in a wet Hogan Park.

pineapple stu
21/08/2006, 9:35 PM
Goalscoring? What's that then?

lefty
22/08/2006, 1:05 PM
2-0 win both goals scored in the second half with the first half being a close affair

pineapple stu
22/08/2006, 1:13 PM
Gary Dicker's suspended (http://www.walkthechalk.com/eircom/suspensions.html) for it.

DmanDmythDledge
22/08/2006, 1:40 PM
Gary Dicker's suspended (http://www.walkthechalk.com/eircom/suspensions.html) for it.
Shouldn't be too much of a loss. Finn will play CM and Paul Byrne will slot in upfront.

pineapple stu
22/08/2006, 4:56 PM
Or Shortall in DC and McDonnell into centre-mid. Or just Hurley into centre-mid...

So many options! Not used to this...

Colie
23/08/2006, 7:16 AM
Gary Dicker's suspended (http://www.walkthechalk.com/eircom/suspensions.html) for it.DOn't think I'll bother coming so!!!