PDA

View Full Version : Pats 0-2 Rovers

Roverstillidie
02/05/2006, 8:53 PM
we havent gone away you know!!

looks like trev's less money for premier division football move was a good idea!!:D

queue the pats lads to tell us they arent interested in the lc:D

Dodge
02/05/2006, 9:40 PM
I was but the manager obviously wasn't with 4 changes (including 2 debuts)

You deserved your win though

Raheny Red
02/05/2006, 9:49 PM
Pats are getting alot more exposure these days - two threads in a day that should be sub-forums :confused: :rolleyes: :p

sonofstan
02/05/2006, 10:01 PM
Pats are getting alot more exposure these days - two threads in a day that should be sub-forums :confused: :rolleyes: :p

I remember, not that long ago, when it was all Shels around here - what with the revenue, and diStefano and youse trying to muscle into Dalyer; and now look; Pats and Bohs, Bohs and Pats .....

Raheny Red
02/05/2006, 10:25 PM
I know, I'm getting jealou$ - I want the attention all on my club :) :p

eirebhoy
02/05/2006, 11:11 PM

You deserved your win though
How did Lee Roche play? It was a bit of an odd signing as he'll never be good enough for the EL.

Roverstillidie
02/05/2006, 11:18 PM
; and now look; Pats and Bohs, Bohs and Pats .....

ehhh, i think you are in the wrong thread....:rolleyes:

typical pox, always trying to steal our thunder, even when we are a division below!

Dodge
03/05/2006, 1:34 AM
How did Lee Roche play? It was a bit of an odd signing as he'll never be good enough for the EL.
Shocker. Too small. Didn't look up for it.

hoopy
03/05/2006, 6:07 AM

To be fair Dodge 3 of our better players didn't start either. I've seen Pats a few times this season and you seem to be set up just to hit teams on the break with lots of long balls. Like old times :D

Hibs4Ever
03/05/2006, 6:43 AM
To be fair Dodge 3 of our better players didn't start either. I've seen Pats a few times this season and you seem to be set up just to hit teams on the break with lots of long balls. Like old times :D

Rovers done NOTHING but hoof long balls last night

DvB
03/05/2006, 7:38 AM
Rovers done NOTHING but hoof long balls last night

And score two goals more than pats, obviously!:D

Peadar
03/05/2006, 8:46 AM
It would be interesting to see Rovers win this and qualify for the Setanta Sports Cup next season. No doubt Ollie Byrne and Co. would petition to get the rules changed when Shels fail to qualify.

Dodge
03/05/2006, 9:07 AM
I've seen Pats a few times this season and you seem to be set up just to hit teams on the break with lots of long balls. Like old times :D
Bit unfair. We've been very good in certain matches, particularly the last 3/4. (Poor in a couple I'll grant you)

Michael Foley and Sean O'Connor are our main footballing threats and they were both missing last night (O'Connor got 25 minutes) and the players that came in weren't up to it.

WeAreRovers
03/05/2006, 10:04 AM

The kid believed the rubbish that Roddy fed him and thought he was a star in the making. Unluckily for Pats, they fell for it. ;)

We have at least half a dozen better young players in our current squad.....as Pats can vouch for after last night.

KOH

Hibs4Ever
03/05/2006, 11:10 AM
The kid believed the rubbish that Roddy fed him and thought he was a star in the making. Unluckily for Pats, they fell for it. ;)

We have at least half a dozen better young players in our current squad.....as Pats can vouch for after last night.

KOH

In a one off League Cup match. They ain't exactly setting the 1st Division alight are they

WeAreRovers
03/05/2006, 11:37 AM
In a one off League Cup match. They ain't exactly setting the 1st Division alight are they

Eh, top of the table, unbeaten, one goal conceded all season, beat "Premier" opponents in the League Cup..........you're dead right - Scully Out!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.soccerbot.com/fai/tables/ir1div2006.htm

KOH

eirebhoy
03/05/2006, 11:56 AM
I think you'd find half a dozen players better then Roche down in Rinsend park at the weekend. ;) How is David Cassidy doing? He's another I can't see making it. They're 2 players who rarely would have stood out down in Ringsend park.

WeAreRovers
03/05/2006, 12:31 PM
How is David Cassidy doing? He's another I can't see making it.

Doing brilliantly - and proudly sponsored by the Pride of Ringsend SC. Scully's started him at right-full but he does all his best work attacking from out wide on the right. Casso is the real deal, especially in comparison to Lee Roche.

KOH

wws
03/05/2006, 12:46 PM
whats the big deal rovers fans are making of Roche?

He seems a nothing player - hasn't got near the first team for pats in any league game. A smashing win for Shamrocks which will do their confidence the world of good in the very tight first division, where the goals have dried up for them of late. Scully could certainly sneak his team in the back door to setanta if future prem opponents dont take the games seriously in the league cup. But I'd strongly fancy say shels to beat them if the draw goes that way.

Pats tried to win last night with the minimum of effort expended so no complaints - the only team trying won easily. Still only League Cup though :p

even when we won the flamin thing you'd be embarressed posting about it :D

pineapple stu
03/05/2006, 12:57 PM
No doubt Ollie Byrne and Co. would petition to get the rules changed when Shels fail to qualify.
Just like last year...

WeAreRovers
03/05/2006, 1:25 PM
whats the big deal rovers fans are making of Roche?

He's shoite but for some reason he think's he's the bees knees. And John McDonnell went for it. Now he wants to come back to Rovers. We don't want him. See schadenfreude in your Websters. That's all.

KOH

Dodge
03/05/2006, 1:59 PM
He signed a talented kid on no money and he's turned out rubbihs. NO harm done, no big deal. He's not getting a proper look in with us and wants to drop a division to you. Again no big deal

CamacKhazai
03/05/2006, 2:00 PM
OK, we've looked up "schadenfreude". Now tell RoverstilIdie to look up "queue"

WeAreRovers
03/05/2006, 2:24 PM
Shocking oversight from the Pats lads on this thread - not one of you has taken the opportunity to use the word 'plucky' in relation to poor, wee Shamrock Rovers and our massive win over Premier Division giants St Pats.

Being patronised by Pats fans.....................oh dear.

KOH

Dodge
03/05/2006, 2:27 PM
Get used to it WaR.

There's a good lad...

Passive
03/05/2006, 2:53 PM
He signed a talented kid on no money and he's turned out rubbihs. NO harm done, no big deal. He's not getting a proper look in with us and wants to drop a division to you. Again no big deal

I know some lads who have a kick about in Dodder Park on Sunday afternoons - they're always looking for people to play, maybe he could bring his inflated sense of self importance down there.

Dodge
03/05/2006, 3:11 PM
Good luck to him...

CamacKhazai
03/05/2006, 3:12 PM
Shocking oversight from the Pats lads on this thread - not one of you has taken the opportunity to use the word 'plucky' in relation to poor, wee Shamrock Rovers and our massive win over Premier Division giants St Pats.

Being patronised by Pats fans.....................oh dear.

KOH

Make your mind please. Either we did or didn't patronise you. Which is it?

hoopy
03/05/2006, 6:27 PM
Scully could certainly sneak his team in the back door to setanta if future prem opponents dont take the games seriously in the league cup. But I'd strongly fancy say shels to beat them if the draw goes that way.

Pats tried to win last night with the minimum of effort expended so no complaints - the only team trying won easily. Still only League Cup though :p

even when we won the flamin thing you'd be embarressed posting about it :D

So Pats weren't trying last night? If that's the case why not put out the U-21s? Get over it and move on, and ask yourself if you're manager really is the great man everyone in Inchicore seems to think he is

TonyD
03/05/2006, 7:51 PM
queue the pats lads to tell us they arent interested in the lc:D

Yeah, Mickey Mouse Cup anyway:p Still, I'm glad you enjoyed your big night.:D

Roverstillidie
03/05/2006, 8:39 PM
Yeah, Mickey Mouse Cup anyway:p Still, I'm glad you enjoyed your big night.:D

and we will enjoy our big night in the next round too!!! :D

Dodge
03/05/2006, 8:52 PM
ask yourself if you're manager really is the great man everyone in Inchicore seems to think he is
You haven't a clue whats going on with Pats if you think that