PDA

View Full Version : St. Pat's & Inchicore

Peadar
02/05/2006, 12:07 PM
Got up to the game on Friday night after having missed the last few City games in Inchicore and I noted certain things. The staff and customers in McDowell's were as welcoming as always and there was a nice bit of banter flying about. The type of banter that comes from mutual respect. Good to meet a few of the lads again.

The staff in the ground were their usual selves. Polite and pretty much leave you to get on with your business. The home fans were small enough in numbers but they had a few chants, and the odd song. Bit of banter back and forth between the rival sets of fans. The ground needs a good bit of work and the pitch is in a bad way but it's still a decent enough ground, for the crowds it sees.

Back into McDowell's afterwards and the atmosphere was fairly good with Pats having a bit of a celebration. In fairness, they're entitled to.
There's a lot about going to Pats that's become traditional for me. It's football in the community and for the most part, an enjoyable experience. I hope Pats get to stay in Inchicore because that's were they belong now.

All the best for the future lads.

Dodge
02/05/2006, 12:11 PM
There's a lot about going to Pats that's become traditional for me. It's football in the community and for the most part, an enjoyable experience. I hope Pats get to stay in Inchicore because that's were they belong now.
If you add the words and forever more to the end of that paragraph you'd have it spot on (despite the sly digs earlier ;) )

Poor Student
02/05/2006, 12:12 PM
I'm always undecided on what I think of Richmond. The main stand is aesthetically pretty nice but the seats are too small. The Camac stand looks good when it is full and has a nice old school terrace feel to it but the two goal ends look awful. That shed is a kip and the other end, well we know they have a plan for it but I hope it will be realised soon.

redgav
02/05/2006, 12:15 PM
agree with that peader,apart from the staff thing.......They once again left some little sh!t try get at us from the barrier causing all 15 cops to drag him away and also took 40 mins of us telling them to remove the 3 rovers fans that were up to no good ,then pretty much told us to f off when we one lad complained about them doing nothing to protect us from the top of the steps

Peadar
02/05/2006, 1:04 PM
They once again left some little sh!t try get at us from the barrier causing all 15 cops to drag him away...

Gav, lets be fair. Some guy tried to cause a rumble but the first thing most of us knew about it was when we turned around to see stewards and GardaĆ­ restraining him and removing him from the ground. He was still restrained when we were leaving the ground. Don't know what more you expect them to do.

Raheny Red
02/05/2006, 3:10 PM
Are there no sub-forums for threads like this :confused: :rolleyes:

Peadar
02/05/2006, 3:39 PM
Are there no sub-forums for threads like this :confused: :rolleyes:

Just because no one enjoys the trip to Tolka or being locked out of the surrounding bars and no one will shed a tear when you get turfed out of there, doesn't mean that you have to get in a strop about neutrals supporting St Pats in their time of need.

Troy.McClure
02/05/2006, 5:58 PM

All the best for the future lads.

Peadar follows Bohs and Shels and Pats and Rovers
Peadar follows Bohs and Shels and Pats and Rovers
etc etc
:D