PDA

View Full Version : Transfers

atfconline
18/06/2002, 11:07 PM
Any news on whether Shane Brennan and John Rogers are staying with Longford, or coming to Athlone?

I think Brennan was supposed to have made up his mind last week?

Longfordian
20/06/2002, 6:40 PM
Shane Brennan was playing for Longford last night against Sligo in a friendly so if that's any indication i'd say he's stayin. John Rogers was seemingly going to give up soccer and play GAA for Roscommon but the Town were trying to persuade him to saty with them, don't know what the latest is there..

atfconline
20/06/2002, 10:14 PM
Cheers for that, and while im at it, any word on Enda Kenny?

Longfordian
21/06/2002, 3:07 PM
Hadn't heard anything about Enda. The Town released him last year, hadn't heard what he was up to after that. Not abad first division player. You're going to have a very strong ex-longford influence by the sounds of things. Even the ones we let go are quality! :)

atfconline
21/06/2002, 5:26 PM
Yes yes, we don't come in and take your has-been rejects though, we swoop in and take your up n coming young stars! Ye would want to start making some signings of yer own though, or ye might find yourselves playing first division football next season, and wouldn't that be an awful shame! :P

Longfordian
21/06/2002, 6:40 PM
Well we could do with a couple more players alright but we have made some good additions. Another good midfielder (not Notaro!!) and a striker or two should give us a good chance of looking down on ye for another year ;)

atfconline
21/06/2002, 6:48 PM
Well just make the most of it while you can, the proper order will be restored soon enough! I actually have all the League tables, and the last three seasons, are the only seasons that Longford have ever finished higher than Athlone, so like i said, enjoy it while it lasts!