PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 1-1 Shels

shedhead
29/04/2006, 9:01 PM
Good game and good atmosphere.Ref was a fu(kin disgrace, one of the worse performances ever. We were unlucky in the first half and were the better team.should of been winning at half time, Shels really took hold of the game in the second half and prob should of won it, overall prob fair enough result condsidering some of the refs decisions
-The free kick for the goal, easily won the ball
-Stuart BYrnes clear elbow in McT's face
-Sending Sean off, what did he say that little SH!T fenlon didnt say
-Numerous other decisions, like niggly free kicks when he claimed steve tripped a player.there was too many to mention

The Stars
29/04/2006, 9:25 PM
agree with all of the above.....ref was shocking and im sure shels fans will agree they got 90% of the decisions.

We played well in the first half and Faz and Foy put in cracking balls into the box which should have resulted in goals.
Had €3 on Foy to score first at 28-1 and couldnt believe it when he hit the bar.

On another note,cant believe the amount of abuse Faz is getting.
People are calling for him to be takin of in every game.
He has been playing well but abusing him on every occasion isnt going to give him the confidence he clearly needs.

sligoman
29/04/2006, 9:27 PM
A draw was the fairest result in the end up. We dominated the first half, them the second. Another thing you didn't mention there is Alan Moore stamping on Foy in the second half. Scumbag!:mad:. They had a lot of dirty players!

Ref was sh!te but his hopes of ruining the game failed and we managed a point. I said before I would have taken a point before the game so I'm happy with that.

As for the atmosphere? Where??:confused:.

Rovers1
29/04/2006, 9:28 PM
moore kicked foy off the ball at about the 70th minute mark...with his studs...referee was a joke...i think again its one rule for shels one rule for everyone else,fenlon should have been sent off,little ******,jesus i hate him!!
not a bad result,the same aginst cork and drogs wouldnt be bad!!

did anyone see ollie byrne at half time trying to get over the fence to the shels fans...hillarious!!!!!

Red4Eva
29/04/2006, 10:19 PM
the standard of officiating we have to tolerate is unbelievable. most of the time it's just stupidity but it was plain to see there's double standards, one of their players was down and he didn't blow for a minute until judgie won the ball, then one of our players is down with(what i thought was a head injury)&the ref knew he was down but no f*ckin whistle. 2(of several) other decisions that spring to mind where stevie wonder would have been certain it was our ball but the clowns wanderin up&down the sidelines had no interest in watchin da game. but what will happen seanie will get banned&club have to pay that suspended €1000 fine. one f*ckin premier game this saturday and we still get a slaphead simpleton dublin ref.

now back to what we should be talkin bout, very entertaining game&a fair result. we were very good in the 1st half and could easily have been winning at half-time. shels had all the possession in the 2nd half but did absolutely nothin until last 10 mins. i was surprised how bad shels were, especially defending set pieces. hughsie was superb. o'grady bounced back in style after a few poor games&could easily have been man of the match, delighted he finally got a goal. mcnamara was brilliant but i dunno what he was at handlin that one. curran was a lot better than past cupla games as well. faz was poor again but i think the crowd gettin on his back makes him play far worse, hopefully a good game in cork might sort him out. crowd was pretty good

feo123
30/04/2006, 10:27 AM
good result! good performance in the first half and we done very well to hold out in the end! we cuda been 3-1 up at half time! hughes was brilliant! curran, mcnamara, o'grady, foy, mcT and a few more all played very well!
i'm sick nd tired of almost everyone abusein Faz! he actually had his best game of the season last nite(1st half). but all the sarcastic cheers nd sarcatic clappin was a f*****n disgrace as he was takin off! supporters are meant to get behind all the players no matter what! whats the true meaning of support?? come on.....get behind the lad and help him to get back to the form which made him opne of our best players last season! theres nothin worse in football than ''fans'' abusin there own players!

gustavo
30/04/2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah its really bad i was sitting beside 3 middle aged men at the game and all they did was critizise and bemoan the players. they didnt give a single word of encouragement. i dont know why they bother going.

thejollyrodger
30/04/2006, 11:00 AM
we were robbed

Rory H
30/04/2006, 11:56 AM
we were robbed

pat fenlon said

"they shaded the first half,we shaded the 2nd...a draw was a fair result"

but then he blamed the pitch so i dont know....

we should have been leading at half time ,ye should have scored near the end.....a draw was fair...

sligoman
30/04/2006, 2:07 PM
we were robbed:rolleyes:. You're the guy who also thinks the Ireland B team should all be Shels players!

Gareth
30/04/2006, 2:49 PM
I will have all the action worth watching for the game on Shelsweb within the day!!!

SligoBrewer
30/04/2006, 3:14 PM
gr8...

the ref was a disgrace.
the shed was a disgrace.
the abuse of faz was a disgrace.
the result is something to be proud of but we invited them on in the second half... BUT!

when we did get forward, the FLOW of football between the
players was phenomenal...

Red4Eva
30/04/2006, 6:16 PM
heard connor's post match interview there. thankfully he didn't say anythin bout the ref. he thought we could have knicked it but draw was fair result. sed that they spent 2 full sessions on set pieces last week and he think's it paid off cos we were a danger everytime but it was dissappointing to concede cos of slack marking. praised hughes and sed dat he proved he was one of da best players in da country last night. he sed he hoped that players could have a bit more belief in themselves after that game&that they have the potential to be a top 3 side. sed he'd be delighted with a point in cork

sligoman
30/04/2006, 7:26 PM
Match Highlights (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=337).

sligobhoy67
30/04/2006, 8:37 PM
we done to the guy frpm Shels - thats an excellent piece of work and put us to shame - is there any chance we could produce something like that - it would certainly assist fellas like myself here taken the queens shillin!

roversforever
01/05/2006, 9:24 AM
people have to stop abusing faz if we're going to get him back to his best. it looks to me like his confidence is just low at the moment.he reminds me so much of harry kewell. when kewell lost his confidence the crowd gave him torrid abuse and he couldn't do anything right.yet we all knew he was capable of being a really good player.and look at him now...confidence is back and he's playing great stuff.im confinced the same will happen for faz if we get behind him.but if his own fans continue to abuse him there is a real chance he'll won't get his confidence back and will end up leaving sligo rovers or worse again fading out of the game altogether.GIVE HIM SOME SUPPORT INSTEAD OF ABUSING HIM.

Gareth
01/05/2006, 3:16 PM
I am currently adding the commentary to the game and reeditting it a little to add a little more action. I have to be conscious of the fact it cant be too big a file!! However on broadband it downloads pretty well!!!

Dialup quality is pretty poor unfortunately.

red bellied
01/05/2006, 3:45 PM
I seen Dave Rogers yapping at some of the Rovers support on the Jinks Avenue side at the entrance to the stand towards the end of the game, wonder what that was about?

feo123
07/05/2006, 6:26 PM
the suppoeter gave him sum stick nd he must ave got annoyed! he shud be used of it by now!!