PDA

View Full Version : Womens F.A. Cup Final Live on BBC

CollegeTillIDie
29/04/2006, 3:08 PM
Arsenal take on Leeds United at the New Den k.o. 1 p.m.
Coverage starts, on BBC1 at 12:40. Former Underage Republic of Ireland International striker Michelle Walsh, was on the books of Leeds United last time I checked.

Yvonne Tracy, Ciara Grant and Emma Byrne usually feature for Arsenal but Treacy got injured recently and missed the Switzerland game.
There is a possiblitiy that Ciara and Emma may not be used for the whole 90 minutes because of next Saturday's international game with Scotland.

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 1:03 PM
Arsenal 1 Leeds United 0
Ward o.g.
( 3 mins)

Came about from a corner for Arsenal by Rachel Yankey , Leeds United's Lucy Ward under pressure from Scottish International striker Julie Fleeting for Arsenal, headed past her own keeper.

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 1:04 PM
Yvonne Tracy is out for several months with a cruciate ligament injury. :(

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 1:11 PM
Well so far it's a more entertaining game than that borefest on Saturday between Birmingham City and Newcastle United in the FA Male Premiership :D (13 minutes)

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 1:33 PM
Julie Fleeting was teed up by a wonderful pass from the right wing by Lianne Sanderson and tucked the ball away with aplomb in the 33rd minute.
Arsenal 2 Leeds United 0
Ward o.g. ( 3 mins)
Fleeting (33 mins)

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 1:34 PM
Rachel Yankey with a free kick from 35 yards has made it 3-0 in the 35th minute. Arsenal 3 Leeds United 0
Ward o.g. ( 3 mins)
Fleeting (33 mins)
Yankey (35 mins)

Plastic Paddy
01/05/2006, 1:41 PM
It was a superb free kick as well and would have clearly graced the men's game. The (male) commentator couldn't have been any more patronising in his assessment though. :mad: "She didn't mean to score". Yankey is a superb dead-ball player and, given his job today, he should know better.

:ball: PP

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 2:02 PM
It was a superb free kick as well and would have clearly graced the men's game. The (male) commentator couldn't have been any more patronising in his assessment though. :mad: "She didn't mean to score". Yankey is a superb dead-ball player and, given his job today, he should know better.

:ball: PP

Yes and Rachel Yankey is playing at this level for 7 or 8 years to my knowledge so a bit of credit to her for having a go.

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 2:30 PM
72nd minute Yankey brought down inside the area and penalty was awarded.
73rd minute Kelly Smith 's penalty finds the corner of the net 4-0 Arsenal.
ARSENAL 4 LEEDS UNITED 0
Ward o.g. ( 3 mins)
Fleeting (33 mins)
Yankey (35 mins)
K.Smith pen. (73 mins)

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 2:33 PM
Lianne Sanderson scored an individual goal breaking from deep and slotted the ball between Gemma Fay's feet to make it 5-0 in the 76th minute.
Arsenal 5 Leeds United 0
Ward o.g. ( 3 mins)
Fleeting (33 mins)
Yankey (35 mins)
K.Smith pen. (73 mins)
Sanderson (76 mins) RESULT 5-0

CollegeTillIDie
01/05/2006, 2:36 PM
If you want to see some of these players in action in person come to the Republic of Ireland Women's World Cup Qualifier with Scotland next Saturday at 7 p.m. in Richmond Park.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND will feature Arsenal's Ciara Grant( who came on as a substitute for the last 20 minutes) and goalkeeper Emma Byrne. SCOTLAND will feature Leeds United goalkeeper Gemma Fay and Arsenal striker Julie Fleeting.

Dassa
02/05/2006, 1:19 AM
ROI women should have no problem scoring past Scotland. The keepers positioning for Leeds today was woeful:(

Lionel Ritchie
02/05/2006, 10:36 AM
I watched a good bit of the Leeds Arsenal game. If the sports commentator from South Park had been working on it I believe it would've involved something along the lines of "I haven't seen the whites take a beating like this since Rhodesia became Zimbabwe":eek: