PDA

View Full Version : Reports from Dundalk match?

declan hide
29/04/2006, 8:19 AM
3 goals conceded at home? what happened?

crowd any larger due to being table toppers?

c'mon harps keep us up there!

Conor H
29/04/2006, 8:58 AM
577 is the attendance given in the attendance thread.

Westside
30/04/2006, 5:14 AM
Taken from www.irishfootballonline.com

Limerick FC lost their perfect home record on Friday night as they ended up on the wrong end in a five goal game against Dundalk. Limerick could also lose their top spot in the first division over the weekend.
Simon Kelly headed Dundalk in front after 17 minutes as he met Niall Hudson's free-kick.

Paul Rose fired Limerick level with a long range strike just a couple of minutes before the half-time break. Austin Skelly restored Dundalk's lead on 52 minutes as his powerful shot from outside the box found the back of the net.

It was 3-1 on 65 minutes as Philip Hughes' cross drifted into the Limerick net.

The home side didn't lay down though and Derek McCarthy's lay off on 74 minutes saw Rose volley home brilliantly to leave just a one goal difference heading into the last fifteen minutes.

Kevin Waters had a penalty claim waved away with five minutes left while his cross almost set up an equaliser as Colm Heffernan's header glanced across the face of goal.

The third home goal didn't come and instead Dundalk now lift themselves up to third with their fourth consecutive league win.

Limerick FC: Mooney, Molan, Buckley (McCarthy 68), Purcell, Woulfe, Barrett, Lester, Waters, Kelleher (Costelloe 86), Rose, Heffernan.
Dundalk : Gallagher, Hudson, McAuley, Dunne, Kelly,
Griffin, Hoey, Flannagan, Marney, Hynes (Skelly 33), Hughes (Finn 81).

Was at the game, 1st goal was from a dubious free kick and was a ballsup between defence and Mooney(why wasn't he wearing a baseballcap with the glare from the sun????
2nd.goalkeeper coould do nothing about, one of those that if its met right, it flies in the top cornor(which it did)
3rd. Mooneys gotta hold his hands upfor this one, straight over his head from the wing and about 40 yards out, don't know what he was thinking:confused:

Paul Rose contributed with 2 very well taken goals, btw why did Derek not start NOC, seemed to up our game when he came on, anyway at least Rovers were held by harps.

declan hide
30/04/2006, 10:07 AM
who was left back?

kelleher taken off again....hmm wonder when he'll be off...

waters and rose up front seems to be NOCs fave. again the fans are left puzzeled by the butcher.

was he still wearing his jose overcoat? :rolleyes:

Westside
30/04/2006, 10:12 AM
who was left back?

kelleher taken off again....hmm wonder when he'll be off...

waters and rose up front seems to be NOCs fave. again the fans are left puzzeled by the butcher.

was he still wearing his jose overcoat? :rolleyes: Buckley was left back,yes Kelleher was taken off, tbh, he's not a winger, I'd say if and when Donners comes back, Robbie may well find himself on the bench, and to answer your final question, yes he is still wearing that coat, he was probably the only one wearing a coat on Fri. evening.

declan hide
30/04/2006, 2:03 PM
kellehers not a winger??? thats news to me :)

lim abroad
30/04/2006, 6:44 PM
kellehers not a winger??? thats news to me :)
is robbie suffering from a dip in form?i always thought that he was our best striker

Westside
30/04/2006, 7:17 PM
is robbie suffering from a dip in form?i always thought that he was our best striker I would say yes he is, purely because he is playing in a position that is not suited to him, therefore its only natural to assume he will not be as effective as he was last term, although last season he did spend a lot of time in midfield looking for the ball, I still believe he is best suited to a strikers role where he can feed off a big tall striker :rolleyes: oh for Steve O'Flynn to be still with us.:(

Mark_no9
02/05/2006, 7:39 AM
is robbie suffering from a dip in form?i always thought that he was our best striker

I'd say he's suffering from lack of interest, to be honest.

dutchie
02/05/2006, 9:27 AM
I always thought robbie would be suited as a winger,if thats not his best position what is?.

LFC in Exile
02/05/2006, 11:13 AM
I always thought robbie would be suited as a winger,if thats not his best position what is?.

From the limited amount I've seen this season Robbie is quite a good winger, but he is a better striker. In terms of the resources at his disposal at present I think NOC is playing the right team. When Finny and Donners are back there may need to be changes but I think Robbie is a better winger and is more effective there than any of the other options. The only problem I have I suppose is Waters playing ahead of Carthy. I can understandteh thinking behind it. Rose and Waters do play well together - and Rose is a slight enough guy for the front line in the First Division and Waters (IMO) is in tehre to add some experience and size to the front line. However, whatever about size, I think we shoudl play the better footballers and while Waters is not a bad player Carthy just edges it for me.

My preference would be, when Donnellan is back, to put him on the wing and move Robbie up front with Carthy. :ball:

superhero
02/05/2006, 11:47 AM
Robbie and NOC had a bit of a bust up in training on Sunday, Robbie understandably not happy about playing on the wing, Waters a winger playing up front, Robbie a striker playing on the wing????
So if NOC is true to form Robbie should be on the bench for the rest of his life or he could ne sent on loan to Waterford :D

LFC in Exile
02/05/2006, 1:00 PM
Robbie and NOC had a bit of a bust up in training on Sunday, Robbie understandably not happy about playing on the wing, Waters a winger playing up front, Robbie a striker playing on the wing????
So if NOC is true to form Robbie should be on the bench for the rest of his life or he could ne sent on loan to Waterford :D

Fair enough if Robbie is not happy playing on the wing but NOC is the manager and it is not the players' job to tell him what team to pick. Without knowing more about it it's hard to comment (I suspect there may be lingering antipathy about the Reading thing) but IMO no manager can let players be seen to influence selection decisions. :ball:

declan hide
02/05/2006, 7:50 PM
thats garbage. if you were at work and youre told to clean the jacks do you do it?

robbie is right to tell NOC that he isnt happy on the wing.

gael353
02/05/2006, 9:48 PM
thats garbage. if you were at work and youre told to clean the jacks do you do it?

robbie is right to tell NOC that he isnt happy on the wing.

And thats ****e as well, look at all the players playing out of position at chelsea or man united. Gallas? O'Shea, Giggs?

Robbie played on the wing for Fairview too you know, i have a job i dont like but i have to do it, and oh yea we're top of the league :rolleyes:
So a player being played ina position not to his liking and one who isnt even training with the team at the moment and surprise surprise where are all these stories of discontent in the camp comming from? Grow up lads if we lose a couple on the spin then start complaining

declan hide
02/05/2006, 11:05 PM
And thats ****e as well, look at all the players playing out of position at chelsea or man united. Gallas? O'Shea, Giggs?

Robbie played on the wing for Fairview too you know, i have a job i dont like but i have to do it, and oh yea we're top of the league :rolleyes:
So a player being played ina position not to his liking and one who isnt even training with the team at the moment and surprise surprise where are all these stories of discontent in the camp comming from? Grow up lads if we lose a couple on the spin then start complaining

chalk and cheese gael. alot easier to play out of position in the english PL when youre being paid a fortune, being adored by fans, being treated superbly etc.,. i'm sure robbie will be delighted to travel up to harps on a bus, and either play right wing (or sit on the bench). if hes unhappy on the right win then hes every right to tell NOC so.

get off the fence every once in a while mr posi. and by the way this isnt complaining...its a forum to air our views which i am doing.

you have a job you dont like but have to do it? gun being held to your head?

gaidin
03/05/2006, 8:20 AM
They were actually arguing because NOC fined Robbie a weeks wages for his reaction to being substituted in the Dundalk game. He didnt like the way he walked off the pitch.:confused:

LFC in Exile
03/05/2006, 11:41 AM
They were actually arguing because NOC fined Robbie a weeks wages for his reaction to being substituted in the Dundalk game. He didnt like the way he walked off the pitch.:confused:

And the reaction was probably based on the fact he was playing out of position.

Mr Hide's example is ridiculous. Me being asked to clean the jacks is not the same as RK being asked to play right wing instead of up front. RK is hired as a footballer. NOt as a striker. Unless there is some footballers union that I haven't heard about that insists on clear demarcation between all positions. Could explain why CP didn't tackle I suppose. :rolleyes:

NOC picks the team, end of story. If RK isn't happy of course he is entitled to express it but if the manager's selection decisions are challenged publicly (i.e. in front of the squad by a player which the reaction to being substituted migth have been) then any manager worth his salt will come down like a tonne of bricks. It was the only thing that Mick McCarthy could be defended on when he sent another RK home from Saipan.

declan hide
04/05/2006, 6:26 AM
RK is hired as a footballer.

well clever clogs theres a breach in his contract already. cos NOC doesnt let anyone play football.

how many times has robbie been subbed? someone might tell NOC that... hey you could push robbie up front and take rose/waters off perhaps.

fc hammer
04/05/2006, 6:44 AM
well clever clogs theres a breach in his contract already. cos NOC doesnt let anyone play football.

how many times has robbie been subbed? someone might tell NOC that... hey you could push robbie up front and take rose/waters off perhaps.

so what if his subbed to date this season his been pretty ordinary, inn or out of possion,at the end of the day if his not up to the job drop him. dose his contract say he can't be subbed or dropped?

LFC in Exile
04/05/2006, 7:11 AM

I don't know how many times he has been subbed - whats that got to do with anything? I agree with you about playing him up front - said so earlier - but unfortunately I don't pick the team and neither does any one else on here.

Unless you'd like Limerick FC to be the first democratic footballl club where fans could vote for who gets picked each week and a straw poll of crowds could decide on substitutions etc. :)

joeSoap
04/05/2006, 8:45 AM
This could spiral out of all proportion if its not put into context.

Robbie Kelleher has every right to be majorly ticked off if he was fined a weeks wages merely for showing disappointment at being substituted.

Robbie Kelleher has absolutely no right whatsoever to tell Noel O'Connor or any other manager where he will play. He can voice opinions as to what he considers to be his best position, but at the end of the day, it's the managers call....nobody elses.

Some common sense, maturity and man=management are whats called for here on both sides of this particular fence. Let's hope some prevails.:ball: