PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City Game

Eoingull
29/04/2006, 1:58 AM
At the end of Friday's match, Foxy turned to the stand to applaud the home support...only there was no-one left to clap back...everyone was making for the exits. It seemed to speak volumes about the way things are going. As we all know, that game was there for the taking, as Dublin City were nothing special. I felt there was nothing wrong with Bray's approach or effort...and it's the old cliche of lacking confidence. Opposing teams are just finding it too easy to charge down any of our attacks. On a minor note, I wasn't impressed with the referee...I found him to be so wishy-washy over every call he made. I think he was just blowing his whistle to look like he was in charge.

Seagull
29/04/2006, 11:46 AM
Devo's time is up- he's bringing us back to the First Division yet again. That display last night was atrocious- pathetic defending, poor midfield and strikers that can't score. The man responsible for that is the manager. In stark contrast, Dermot Keely got a very good performance from average players. The boos from the Bray support at the end said it all- Devo's time is up. However, he says in the programme that he'll be here 'for years to come'. Watching that sh1te every week is just depressing at this stage.

footballplease
01/05/2006, 10:42 AM
i agree - and for once i won't blame the players. They clearly have lost any little respect they had for Devo. They just don't want to play for him anymore. There is potentially a very good side there at the moment but they are all confused by his tactics and lose heart and faith. I mean - Collie James in midfield?? Beggars belief really!!!!!

dublinwanderer
01/05/2006, 1:58 PM
everyone ready to start protesting at matches- singin devo out, tony mcquirks green white army, holding up banners saying devo out..... everyone interested?

Stevo Da Gull
01/05/2006, 7:26 PM
For the record myself and one other fan stayed to appluad the players for their efforts (fair play to Foxy and one other {cant remember who} for looking over, it's not like they enjoy losing anymore than we do, and losing would effect their confidence worse). I know though, it was a dark day.

pdebruin
01/05/2006, 7:53 PM
Thought I'd weigh in with my 2 cents for what it's worth.....
Couldd't agree more than the team would be better if Devo stepped down, potentially we have a team that should at least emulate last years finish, but the premiership has a long history of teams that were "too good" to be relegated. Better to make the change earlier rather than later.

Also felt the players have to take some blame too...it was Dublin City, at home for god's sake...and the 2-0 scoreline did not flatter them at all. We could have played them all night and not scored. One of the worst performances I have ever seen in the Carlisle.

On another note, I thought Masterson did not give a good account of himself, and I wonder what all the people that were calling for skippy to step aside think now.

Eoingull
02/05/2006, 12:18 AM
Back in the relegation season of 2002/03, I remember reading comments about how Pat Devlin's tactical switches can seem like genius when they work, and a mess when they don't. I thought having Eamon play behind Robbie in the last few games was an interesting move, as it brings him more into the game. The three-man defence against Dublin City "started off" well. However, I am reminded of that dreaded season when it seemed as if many players were confused as to their role. I hope the weekly search for a fix to our ailments does not lead us down this path. We have plenty of good and able players...and with a clear group focus, there is no reason why they can't pull it together. In relation to other comments made here, I for one will not be booing the team or management, no matter how desperate things may seem. I can't see the point.

jonboy
03/05/2006, 11:28 AM
we all agree changes should be made, i mean who was the last striker to score from open play?? but who do we play and where?? any ideas as to the line up for friday, personally i'd drop wes, eamon and D tyrell. tyrell is great at dead balls but has nothing else to contribute give W tyrell and franco a start

The Wanderer
03/05/2006, 12:23 PM
Watchin eircom weekly last nite, bray were not to bad but could not finish at all. Eamo was like a headless chicken running and round... And have to applaud Robbie for gettin in nets... He seemed to enjoy it and his was excellant says somehting for out goalies (skippy, masterson)..

Seagull
03/05/2006, 4:08 PM
we all agree changes should be made, i mean who was the last striker to score from open play?? but who do we play and where?? any ideas as to the line up for friday, personally i'd drop wes, eamon and D tyrell. tyrell is great at dead balls but has nothing else to contribute give W tyrell and franco a start
I don't agree that Eamon should be dropped- he's still the most likely one to get us goals (apart from Tresson). I don't think Franco is ever going to do anything and Tarzan doesn't have 90 mins in him. So it's stick with Eamon and run-around-Robbie. As for that midfield and defence...

Stevo Da Gull
03/05/2006, 10:23 PM
As far as `Devo out` etc chants go, I'm not up for it. I want to keep my chants to supporting the players on the pitch, 100% behind the players at a time like this. Much like Eoingull I just dont see much point in booing the management team, I dont think much good can come of it TBH.

Jebus, we dont really have enough vocal support to become divided (like PSG, I know thats different) fans either:( .

Have to miss the Derry game myself, hopefully things will be looking up after that.