PDA

View Full Version : v Sligo Rovers

sligoman
28/04/2006, 10:52 PM
Well, what ye think? Obviously we're not expected to take anything from the game so we're under no pressure, but ye are;). Any injury doubts? Suspensions? We just have one(bear in mind we're still playing tomorrow so could be more) and that's Darren "The Flash" Mansaram:D.

Predictions?

pete
28/04/2006, 11:20 PM
Any injury doubts? Suspensions?

Plenty of injuries before tonight so coud be more now. :(

Risteard
01/05/2006, 4:24 PM
I'm not sure if Flynny is actively trying to get fit for the game or whether he's being rested for a few weeks along with George.
Looks like Fenn & Behan again up front. :(

Expect City to be quick out of the traps but if they're scoreless after 30 minutes, the lack of confidence will creep in big-time.
I'll say City 2-0, Fenn:eek: & Softic.

A face
01/05/2006, 4:50 PM
if they're scoreless after 30 minutes, the lack of confidence will creep in big-time.

I dunno, i really dont think they are thinking along those lines. There were four players at the supporters club meeting on Saturday and they most definitely do not share that opinion at all. They seemed to be very much agreed on what they are about and very aware of their situation.

Obviously i dont know what way it will actually go, but the scenario that you have played out there doesn't seem like anything that was conveyed on Saturday, and being honest ... they have far more control over the game than any fans do. Just my take on it.

pete
01/05/2006, 4:53 PM
Team i would like based on injuries...

Devine
Horgan Murray Bennet Murphy
O'Donovan Gamble Softic Woods
Behan Fenn

I think Colin needs a rest as played almost every minute this season. Sotic offers more attacking from midfield.

Risteard
01/05/2006, 5:05 PM
I'd go with that aswell Pete presuming Flynnys absent.
Hope you're right Face.
What was said at the forum?

A face
01/05/2006, 6:00 PM
I'd go with that aswell Pete presuming Flynnys absent.

I would too ... Flynnie is back Friday, thats what he said anyway.

Hope you're right Face.

Trust me ... i'm always right !! ;) :p

What was said at the forum?

Minutes are out soon on the CCOSC website (http://www.corkcityfc.ie/ccosc/), dont really want to say what some of the players said to be honest. All i'll say is that some of them dont mince their words and say exactly what they are thinking :p which to be honest is brilliant. They know exactly what they are about, the Q&A was great tbh. Good character.

sligoman
01/05/2006, 6:02 PM
Trust me ... i'm always right !! ;)This it the same A face who told me in a PM that the Setanta cup was in the bag for Cork yeah?:confused: :p.

A face
01/05/2006, 6:14 PM
This it the same A face who told me in a PM that the Setanta cup was in the bag for Cork yeah?

The result didn't go our way but everything else did. Anyway ... we lost, thats it ... move on. Out next game is Sligo Rovers .... all focus is on that game now.

Devine
Horgan Murray Bennet Murphy
O'Donovan Gamble Softic Woods
Behan Fenn

Scrap that .... Georgie is in !! ;) :ball: :cool:

Risteard
01/05/2006, 7:54 PM
Great news. I don't know whether to omit Woods or Softic. Besides Billy, Georgie is the only midfielder that looks like he could play on the left.

sligoman
01/05/2006, 7:56 PM
Georgie is in !!Take a look here (http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0501/corkcity.html).

Our best defender, Liam Burns, is out injured:(.

Fivesilver
02/05/2006, 11:13 PM
Pics from Turners Cross at:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sligorovers/pool/ - obviously with a Rovers bias. ;)

A face
03/05/2006, 12:00 AM
Pics from Turners Cross at:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sligorovers/pool/ - obviously with a Rovers bias. ;)

Fair play ... you had them up fast !!!

razor
03/05/2006, 9:00 AM
We bossed the first half and if Behan could make contact with the ball when he swings his leg then we could have been more up at HT.
Great header from Dan and nice finish from Neale just before HT as well.
Sligo sub Mansaram came on and made a huge differnece in the 2nd half.
Dan Murray was at 6's & 7's trying to deal with him, it was backs to the wall for City at times and we didn't do a whole lot after the break.
We need to push on and score 3 or 4 in games like these so that we can get some youngsters on and give them some exposure.
Still its 3 points and our 100% home record remains.

Risteard
03/05/2006, 7:44 PM
Unfortunately, i think Sligo proved that the best way to lose against City is to come out and play football.
They didn't stand a chance in an open game like that.
Great goal by Fenn.

The Stars
03/05/2006, 8:23 PM
so we tried to play football?better losing that way than hoofball and losing anyway

Fivesilver
03/05/2006, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately, i think Sligo proved that the best way to lose against City is to come out and play football.
They didn't stand a chance in an open game like that.
Great goal by Fenn.

I actually thought we got more out of coming out and playing. After Cork went two up, I was praying for half-time, as our lads were sitting back, and I reckon it's suicidal to let City get numbers forward.

Having The Flash up front (and just about everywhere else on the pitch) in the second half meant City having 10 players in our half was a more risky proposition. Hopefully he'll be injury-free for the rest of the season

You're seriously missing the wee man from Conna, though. At 2-0, he would've crucified us.

Devine was good crack actually. He was getting a laugh out of the abuse he was taking from the away fans - great reaction after the shot from Turner that whizzed past the foot of the post.

pete
03/05/2006, 10:14 PM
The Conna Primadonna didn't produce those european performances week in week out.

Didn't see the game but if Sligo try to play football they will lose some but also win some games. When Home Farm & Longford play for 0-0 every week thats exactly what they'll get but that will only good enough to survive but never move onto next level.

A face
03/05/2006, 11:02 PM
The Conna Primadonna didn't produce those european performances week in week out.

Didn't see the game but if Sligo try to play football they will lose some but also win some games. When Home Farm & Longford play for 0-0 every week thats exactly what they'll get but that will only good enough to survive but never move onto next level.

Have to agree with that. If you are lucky to hang on to three draws, you get three points, but if you go out to win every game then you stand a good chance of getting far more than three and your team is improving all the time and you'll be play a brand of football that is the only way to get a crowd through the gates. Playing for draws ... you stand still and everyone else is passing you by.

gustavo
04/05/2006, 5:45 PM
Conna Maradona was'nt that great on Saturday!

A face
04/05/2006, 11:09 PM
Conna Maradona was'nt that great on Saturday!

The Conna Primadonna you mean ??

gustavo
04/05/2006, 11:15 PM
Thats not nice Face! Always liked him as a player . Pity things ended up the way they did with ye.

Fair_play_boy
06/05/2006, 10:38 AM
. . . that is the only way to get a crowd through the gates . . . Spot on, A Face. It must be depressing to be a Longford supporter. I did not get to see the Sligo game, but I remember City playing them in the cup last year. They looked like a good Premier Division side, and I think they are bringing an exciting and positive brand of football up with them. They will not always get the results they want when they play the open game, but neither does Longford. Well done Sligo. We need more clubs taking this approach to football.:ball: