PDA

View Full Version : New Players Urgently Needed

Citymark
28/04/2006, 9:05 PM
Just watched the St Pats game on Setanta, must say city were rubbish, even worse than Bray 2 weeks ago. Only Admir looked like a player. Colin and Joey looked knackered, Roy hadn't a clue what he was doing. Vinny Sullivan looks way way out of his depth. Back 4 were all over the place.

We need to really go out an buy a few players, not pick u guys from scrapheap and hope they do well.

I think we need a decent centre half, left winger and a midfielder/defender who can play across the park. Somebody with experience is needed.

The last player I can remember paying a fee for was Mick Devine.....that was 5 years ago...please say I am wrong.

Brian/Damien...spend some cash and get us a decent striker or 2¬

pete
28/04/2006, 9:34 PM
Where will the money to buy players come from? Just because you pay money for someone doesn't make them better than bosmans. A bosman can be better as can afford to invest in players wages.

Its not all doom & gloom as barely started into the season. Our main problem is in front of goal as Fenn has only scored 1 this year & 5 last year - if he doesn't have a decent striker next to him we struggle to score.

Couldn't get to game so will have to watch on fast forward on the video...

Risteard
28/04/2006, 10:45 PM
Awful.
No shape and no threat in front of goal.
You could lay the blame for both goals directly at Murray but there's no balance to the team at all.
+ a far poorer team without John O'Flynn.
If Vinny Sullivan was a genius goalscorer who could both play up front or solve the left-mid problem we'd be sorted.
In midfield we've the nice problem of 4 quality central midfielders in Colin, Joe, George and Admir.
Without Johnno, Roys pace is absolutely necessary up front (despite not being a finisher) so we end up having the width of a pencil.
All different theories of Georgie/Admir/Joey becoming wide midfielders should be abandoned for another strategy.
Cheque-book time. Cathal Lordan might be a good start.
In Rico we trust.
I fully expect us to pummell Sligo Tuesday.

sligoman
28/04/2006, 10:50 PM
Awful.
No shape and no threat in front of goal.
You could lay the blame for both goals directly at Murray but there's no balance to the team at all.Keep it like that til after Tuesday lads, please?;).

fabio
02/05/2006, 8:58 AM
Keep it like that til after Tuesday lads, please?;).

We'll see about that!!! In fairness to ye, ye are holding ye're own in the league and I think its great that progressive clubs like yourselfs are making strides in the Premier Divison - however in saying this, I think we can beat ye on Tuesday night.

Will there be mnay Sligo fans coming down?