PDA

View Full Version : Liverpewel

osgood was good
28/04/2006, 2:48 AM
How many of your wonderful fans support Liverpool because they used to win everything in the 70s and 80s? A fair number I’d say – certainly 90% of the ones I’ve met anyway. Since the early 70’s Chelsea fans have gone through long periods where they’ve had teams to watch which ranked from the ordinary to the pretty bloody awful, yet they have always remained one of the best supported clubs (especially away from home) in the country. I watch with a quiet amusement as fans of the so-called old elite spit the dummy and stamp their little feet because Chelsea have arrived in the big time.
Of course, they haven’t won quite as much as you (Liverpool) over the years………so when you accuse them of having no history, presumably you mean that they haven’t won as much as you in the past? Well whoopee-doo. Aren’t you just the bees-knees? It seems to me as if Chelsea stir up feelings of hatred amongst certain teams who feel that they (Chelsea) have gate-crashed their elite little club of ‘Teams that ought to win things’.

I dont dislike many teams, , But Liverpool are right up there – for a team that’s never actually won the Prem, their fans are the smuggest I’ve ever come across.

United fans i can handle , they dont think their history owes them something and you can normally get a decent intelligent football conservation out of them .

When United dominated the english priemiership through the 90's , most Liverpool fans would always hide behind the odd FA cup win , the AMAZING UEFA cup win over a side most people would struggle to remember , a game they almost lost , the awful players they signed that were considered a joke .
All this while Man United ****ed all over everything that came their way and stole the media hype away from them . God i bet that hurt them .
They couldnt accept that finally a quality team were stealing their crown.
Cantona , probably one of the best players to grace the premiership was considered a French c**t who was overated . I bet Liverpool and their average managers at the time would have walked on water to have such a talented player in their side . No , they had Jamie Redknapp .

Liverpool havnt won the title in almost 20 years but still regard themselves as the ones to beat .

Your havin a laugh

John83
28/04/2006, 8:44 AM
Quick question for you, my Peter Osgood wuving friend - why do you identify with/support Chelsea?

osgood was good
28/04/2006, 8:48 AM
Wow , how did you work that one out . Very clever .

Anyway , whats your point ?

osgood was good
28/04/2006, 8:53 AM
Why do i support/Identify with Chelsea ?.

I jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon in 1974 , first team i ever saw play live so thats where it all started .

Apologise if your disappointed and may have been expecting me to say because they won the premiership last year.

Dublin12
28/04/2006, 9:02 AM
Why do i support/Identify with Chelsea ?.

I jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon in 1974 , first team i ever saw play live so thats where it all started .

Apologise if your disappointed and may have been expecting me to say because they won the premiership last year.

By the sounds of your original post you jumped off the Man United bandwagon when things weren't working out and you've now dusted down your old Chelsea jersey and replaced the Man Utd one back in the closet for a later date.

osgood was good
28/04/2006, 9:08 AM
Oh sorry , im not allowed to give credit to anyone then ? Missed that one .

Great reply Dublin 12 , that the best you can do . Maybe you should try contribute something that puts a hole in my arguement rather than concentrate on my loyalty .

drinkfeckarse
28/04/2006, 9:17 AM
.....rant......rant......

:D

Loved the bit about "always one of the best supported clubs".

Dublin12
28/04/2006, 9:31 AM
Great reply Dublin 12

:D Thanks very much,post of the month?,I knew I'd hit a raw nerve!,too many glory hunters coming out of the closet these days.

Roadend
28/04/2006, 9:45 AM
This inabailty of Chelsea and their billions of roubles, to win the CL is really getting to them, hehehehe.

Dodge
28/04/2006, 9:48 AM
Lads, see this section's rules
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=28671

This forum operates under freedom of choice. No one need justify their choice in following or supporting a foreign league or team and should not be ridiculed or attacked over it.