PDA

View Full Version : Move it to Belfield

Bald Student
25/04/2006, 7:15 PM
The "Save Bald Student a Cycle" campaign.

Lads,
With our game in May set to be postponed because of international call-ups and what with Dalyer probably being full of fixture conjestion or something, wouldn't it be a great idea to play the rearranged fixture in Belfield?

Think of the benefits; It'll save me a cycle accross the city, there'll be tasty food back in the Montrose afterwards and it'd practically be a home game for your left-backs. It's win-win!

John83
26/04/2006, 12:27 PM
...it'd practically be a home game for your left-backs.
Is Micko playing left back still?

Schumi
26/04/2006, 1:03 PM
It'll save me a trip to the Northside too. Great idea!

Maynard
30/04/2006, 4:37 PM
Sounds like a plan to me lads. Away to you lot is one of the games I'm most looking forward to this year (I'm being serious) so the more games in Belfield, from my persepective anyway, the better. The "home" games in Dalymount this year have been more horrifying than the illustrated edition of the Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe...:o

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 4:38 PM
Sounds like a plan to me lads. Away to you lot is one of the games I'm most looking forward to this year (I'm being serious) so the more games in Belfield, from my persepective anyway, the better. The "home" games in Dalymount this year have been more horrifying than the illustrated edition of the Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe...:o
.... as have your gates :eek:

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 4:40 PM

Lads,
With our game in May set to be postponed because of international call-ups and what with Dalyer probably being full of fixture conjestion or something, wouldn't it be a great idea to play the rearranged fixture in Belfield?

Think of the benefits; It'll save me a cycle accross the city, there'll be tasty food back in the Montrose afterwards and it'd practically be a home game for your left-backs. It's win-win!

Well speaking selfishly, I was due to miss that game because I will be away in Prague so if it is rearranged midweek for say two weeks later I can go... :D

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 4:42 PM

Lads,
It will save me a cycle across the city!

You mean you were planning to turn up in Dalymount this time as opposed to your no-show on Friday? :D

Maynard
30/04/2006, 4:44 PM

Ahem...??? Pot/Kettle ?

People in glass houses and all that.

Schumi
02/05/2006, 1:28 PM
Indeed, awful. http://www.groundhopping.de/bohsgr1.jpg

Roo69
02/05/2006, 1:41 PM
Is Micko playing left back still?

He played on the left side of midfield against us last Friday night. One of the best grafters in the game, great signing for DC :ball:

John83
02/05/2006, 2:33 PM
He played on the left side of midfield against us last Friday night. One of the best grafters in the game, great signing for DC :ball:
Good; he's much better there. Yeah, fantastic engine, as they say - Belfield Park legend has it that Micko would keep running when he left the field, jogging on the spot during half time, and not stopping even to shower at full time before arriving at the bus stop before the fans.

Maynard
03/05/2006, 11:34 AM
Good; he's much better there. Yeah, fantastic engine, as they say - Belfield Park legend has it that Micko would keep running when he left the field, jogging on the spot during half time, and not stopping even to shower at full time before arriving at the bus stop before the fans.

LOL:D

Will endeavour to find out if the venue switch is a goer.

pineapple stu
03/05/2006, 12:23 PM
Still in Dalyer according to the DC website. Just moved to the Monday.

Student Mullet
03/05/2006, 12:46 PM
Seeing as we're launching silly campaigns it should be known that the gate will increase by about 2% (Me, Schumi, Bald Student and Aberdonian Stu) if the game is moved to Tuesday as the three of us will be away at the Rugby untill Monday night.

John83
03/05/2006, 1:57 PM
Seeing as we're launching silly campaigns it should be known that the gate will increase by about 2% (Me, Schumi, Bald Student and Aberdonian Stu) if the game is moved to Tuesday as the three of us will be away at the Rugby untill Monday night.
I think you're cheating a bit there. :D

Maynard
03/05/2006, 6:44 PM
The game is going ahead on the Monday in Castle Greyskull:(

We don't wish to conceed our "home" advantage...mind you what advantage we'll gain from playing on an inferior pitch in front of one man and a dog is uncertain....:(

Poor Student
06/05/2006, 11:51 AM
We're probably looking at one of the worst eL gates in a long time. Between the teams, the Heiniken Cup trips and the night.:o

Student Mullet
11/05/2006, 3:04 AM
OK, so Bald Student's campaign might not be successfull. Fair enough, neither of me can attend anyway because of the rugby.

Longer term, is there any chance that DCFC could re-regester as a youth or educational team so as to get arround the planning laws and move permanently to Belfield?

Think of the advantages. For example, I'm much more likely to attend a game in Belfield. If that pattern is repeated accross all of Dublin, you have a potential of 1.5 million supporters! Even if these supporters only attend a game once a year, that's still about 75,056 supporters per game (75,000 being 1.5 million divided by an average of 20 games a season and then added to your regular support). This doesn't even include away fans!!!

Seriously lads, it's possible that I've caved to the temptations of having a homebrew kit but I can't see any flaw in my logic and since DCFC seem to be the bizarro - Shamrock Rovers wht not move to Dublin 4?