PDA

View Full Version : Help! Got to arrange a team build

Jon'o
25/04/2006, 5:57 PM
So i thought it would be a good idea to agree to organise a team build for my mini team at work. Its proving to be a bit of a pain as there are 11 of us all together and like most work places there are some right stubbon fk'ers.

Wonder if any of you guys have had some good team builds at work and help by giving me some ideas :)

CraftyToePoke
25/04/2006, 6:20 PM
depends what kind of pennies you have to throw at it i suppose, ?

Jon'o
25/04/2006, 6:25 PM
depends what kind of pennies you have to throw at it i suppose, ?

Dont get me started on that :) a seperate mini team within my department is getting aprox £150/£200 per person.... we're getting .... wait for it .... £20 per person. Theres 11 of us in both teams... fair?

dahamsta
25/04/2006, 6:26 PM
What's a team build when it's at home? A mini team?

sligoman
25/04/2006, 6:26 PM
Dont get me started on that :) a seperate mini team within my department is getting aprox £150/£200 per person.... we're getting .... wait for it .... £20 per person. Theres 11 of us in both teams... fair?Maybe their team is more hard working and makes more money for the company? Fair?:p.

John83
25/04/2006, 6:37 PM
Morris dancing.

liam88
25/04/2006, 8:22 PM
Have organsied a couple of these for St. John Ambulance-the trick is keep it simple-an afternoon of mini-activities follwoed by a trip to the pub? Mini activities can include:

-Object in the middle of the floor, rope around it (circle 3 foot or so around the object) they have rope, pole etc. to try and retrive it without standing inside the circle

-Cork in a glass bottle-use any mean necessary to get the cork out without breaking the bottle

-The classic egg drop!

Alternativly you can go orrinenteraring (sp??) on £20 each thats great craic!

Dodge
25/04/2006, 10:48 PM
Jesus Liam, they's all leave.

Are you being granted extra time off for these activities (even a half day?) Might be a help...

CraftyToePoke
25/04/2006, 11:23 PM
Dont get me started on that :) a seperate mini team within my department is getting aprox £150/£200 per person.... we're getting .... wait for it .... £20 per person. Theres 11 of us in both teams... fair?

£20 nuggets a head isnt really going to provide a day to remember on too many fronts, i sense you will not bre overburdened with a multitude of possibilities any time soon, jon'o.

that considered id, have to suggest that that ammount would make a nice little kitty in the old classic, ''pursuit of alcohol team building ritual'

now im sure you wanted something more original and noteworthy than this old chestnut , so maybe you could spike a couple of the more inhibited members of the collective and i sure you'll find that proceedings will pick up soonafter,

them theres my two cents anyhooo........

so why are the others getting so much more funmon? are they superior creatures to your lot?

Magicme
26/04/2006, 10:55 AM
Ray D'Arcy and Co thought their Ok Go dance routine was a great team builder....maybe do something like that or get really drunk and play twister....thats always a laugh.

tetsujin1979
26/04/2006, 10:59 AM
We had to organise something similar on a "restricted" budget, some of the ideas put forward were rent out a pool hall for a few hours, cinema tickets, things like that

Ash
26/04/2006, 11:58 AM
I dont know how much any of this costs but here's a few ideas
- Karting ... followed by a booze up
- 5-a-side soccer game ... followed by a booze up
- Just a booze up with finger food. See if someone will sponsor a keg!
- Indoor rock climbing/climbing wall thing ... followed by a booze up
- Pool/Bowling comp ... followed by a booze up.

drinkfeckarse
26/04/2006, 1:53 PM
Clat pigeon (or real one's if you want) shooting, not as boring as it sounds. The most important aspect as Ash has pointed out is don't forget the drink. Whatever you do make sure there's drink involved at some stage otherwise everybody will look on it as a chore.

CraftyToePoke
26/04/2006, 3:17 PM
the karting is a great laugh, definately, will raise spirits etc, but on the budget the man is on, it wont leave much for the rest of the day you see.

so the day as a whole could end up costing people money and therefore having the opposite of the effect hoped for.

jon'o is this 20squid totally non-negotiable?

blobbyblob
02/05/2006, 3:53 PM
Use the 20 as a subsidy...

Paint balling or a a night at the dogs are always good craic.

A face
03/05/2006, 1:26 AM
Have you checked out these kinda places ?? (http://www.changingpace.ie/index.htm) .... Maybe ring and ask for a half day kinda thing, bring your own food etc. ... worth a shot anyway. Or even just look at what they offer and do the same yourself.

razor
03/05/2006, 7:54 AM
We did an activity day out in Oysterhaven.
Included Archery, team games, canoeing etc etc.
great day out.
See Here (http://www.oysterhaven.com/corporate/corp_team_activity.htm)

Wiseguy
03/05/2006, 9:05 AM
A night at the dogs or a day at the Races is always a good one.Get your company to pay for a box for you and explain how important it is for team morale and how it would go a long way in showing how the company values it's employees.This kind of thing usually works.I worked for a company who booked us corperate boxes at the pretty polly stakes.It was a great day out.We got free parking,free food,free drink and €100 worth of free bets.It was a great day out but on the down side i worked with a shower of ****s.I also worked over on a site just outside Cardiff and the main contractor organised a night out for all of us.They hired strippers for us which i found great for team spirits.Thank you Bovis.

Duffer
05/05/2006, 1:49 PM
Paintballing is brilliant craic with a gang.

Go karting is good fun and reasonable too.

Failing all that get a mini bbq and a heap of drink - everyones happy.