PDA

View Full Version : Stewards

manontop
25/04/2006, 12:06 PM
i see that cork slated the stewards off bray i think the stewards are good in bray what do you think

The Wanderer
25/04/2006, 2:03 PM
Yeah i agree they always seem to be efficent and on to any case of trouble!! Bray fans in general never cause any sh*t... We have alot more stewards this year than last season!

manontop
25/04/2006, 3:11 PM
Yeah i agree they always seem to be efficent and on to any case of trouble!! Bray fans in general never cause any sh*t... We have alot more stewards this year than last season!

bray fans are very good best fans in ireland never cause any trouble

Schumi
25/04/2006, 4:05 PM
Bray's stewards are among the worst in the league: incompetant, undertrained and aggressive towards away fans.

John83
25/04/2006, 7:14 PM
Bray's stewards are among the worst in the league: incompetant, undertrained and aggressive towards away fans.
And the Bray fans often contain groups of feral children who are permitted to group around the away fans, screaming abuse and throwing stuff while the stewards look on. Bray is a really unpleasant ground to visit.

manontop
26/04/2006, 7:05 AM
And the Bray fans often contain groups of feral children who are permitted to group around the away fans, screaming abuse and throwing stuff while the stewards look on. Bray is a really unpleasant ground to visit.

are you sure you are at the right ground i think you smoke the wrong stuff before the game that does not go on in bray

superfrank
26/04/2006, 9:11 AM
Unfortunately John is correct. There are some kids who run around annoying the away fans.

manontop
26/04/2006, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately John is correct. There are some kids who run around annoying the away fans.

this has not happendwith the kids for a long time the stewards have got that under control since the last six games of last season i think the stewards have brought bray on a long way in the last two years

Grasshopper 99
26/04/2006, 11:15 AM

you have no away fans let alone home fans, so shut up and syop complaining.

John83
26/04/2006, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately John is correct. There are some kids who run around annoying the away fans. Superfrank, I'm shocked to see an LoI fan accept that his club is less than perfect in any way. A pleasure to meet you.

manontop, if that's been stopped, then fair play to Bray, but it was persistant for the last few years, every time I visited.

Grasshopper 99, if the best counterargument you have is that Schumi and I are figments of our own imaginations, then there's no hope for you.

sligoman
26/04/2006, 12:21 PM
The Rovers crowd will be arriving on the 21st. Look forward to "testing" out these aggresive stewards:D.
There are some kids who run around annoying the away fans.and it's about time you stopped doing it, yer getting too old for that carry on superfrank!:p.

The Wanderer
26/04/2006, 12:43 PM
Yeah like every ground there is little sh*ts running around screaming at away fans but to be honest in all my time going to matches i have never seen any item being thrown at an away fan by kids!

Schumi
26/04/2006, 12:59 PM
Yeah like every ground there is little sh*ts running around screaming at away fans but to be honest in all my time going to matches i have never seen any item being thrown at an away fan by kids!
How's your guide dog working out?

manontop
26/04/2006, 1:44 PM
The Rovers crowd will be arriving on the 21st. Look forward to "testing" out these aggresive stewards:D.and it's about time you stopped doing it, yer getting too old for that carry on superfrank!:p.

what do you mean checking out the aggresive stewards do you only go to games to cause trouble and the bray stewards are not agresive

manontop
26/04/2006, 1:45 PM
How's your guide dog working out? i did see a child throw a sweet a a ucd fan but was put out and it has not happend since

sligoman
26/04/2006, 2:40 PM
what do you mean checking out the aggresive stewards do you only go to games to cause trouble and the bray stewards are not agresiveYes, I'm a football hooligan:rolleyes:. Quite the opposite really!

Macy
26/04/2006, 2:46 PM
this has not happendwith the kids for a long time the stewards have got that under control since the last six games of last season i think the stewards have brought bray on a long way in the last two years
I really hope so, as I've heard it said that this has been sorted before. And it isn't just UCD fans that have had to suffer this.

manontop
26/04/2006, 2:53 PM
I really hope so, as I've heard it said that this has been sorted before. And it isn't just UCD fans that have had to suffer this.
well its the only fans that have had something throwing at them i have not seen any other fans get anything trowing at them and as it was said before every ground has kids acting up we know have it under control

John83
26/04/2006, 9:03 PM
well its the only fans that have had something throwing at them i have not seen any other fans get anything trowing at them and as it was said before every ground has kids acting up we know have it under control
Are you a dual account someone created to annoy people? Really. Nine posts, all of which claim that everyone else is delusional, or even, in some cases, figments of their own imaginations. :rolleyes:

manontop
27/04/2006, 7:08 AM
Are you a dual account someone created to annoy people? Really. Nine posts, all of which claim that everyone else is delusional, or even, in some cases, figments of their own imaginations. :rolleyes:

go on home college boy and i neversaid anyone was delusional i just said i have not seen it happen

John83
27/04/2006, 9:32 AM
go on home college boy and i neversaid anyone was delusional i just said i have not seen it happen
Ah, I must have failed to grasp what you meant with this next gem of a post so. I've split it up into what I think were intended to be sentences. It's hard to tell when there's no punctuation or sense in it.

well its the only fans that have had something throwing at them

i have not seen any other fans get anything trowing at them and as it was said before every ground has kids acting up

we know have it under control
What exactly does that first one in particular mean?

manontop
27/04/2006, 10:29 AM
Ah, I must have failed to grasp what you meant with this next gem of a post so. I've split it up into what I think were intended to be sentences. It's hard to tell when there's no punctuation or sense in it.

What exactly does that first one in particular mean?
i had said that ucd were the only fans to have something thrown at them from what i have seen

Macy
27/04/2006, 10:43 AM
You mustn't have been at any of the Town games there that I was at then. :rolleyes:

Maz
27/04/2006, 10:50 AM
The kids have always been a problem in Bray, abusive and damn right annoying. Would love to think it is sorted but I doubt it!

manontop
27/04/2006, 12:09 PM
The kids have always been a problem in Bray, abusive and damn right annoying. Would love to think it is sorted but I doubt it!
it is sorted thanks to the stewards now we just have to stop the fans that start trouble

Maz
27/04/2006, 12:15 PM
it is sorted thanks to the stewards now we just have to stop the fans that start trouble
Isnt that the same thing?? If you have fans that start trouble then its still a problem...

pineapple stu
27/04/2006, 12:39 PM
This thread's hilarious! :p

Macy
27/04/2006, 12:42 PM
it is sorted thanks to the stewards
We'll see...

now we just have to stop the fans that start trouble
Yeah the infamous Longford Intercity Crew and the Undergraduate Undertakers must cause so much trouble out there...

pineapple stu
27/04/2006, 12:50 PM
Don't forget the apparently non-existent Student Posse! :D

Ronan85
27/04/2006, 2:05 PM
the kids were a problem for a long time. i think wer gettin it under control now. still problems with certain sections of our support though.

Roo69
27/04/2006, 2:41 PM

Your spot on there Maz !

But EVERY club has the same problem, yes EVERY club has the little kids who run around acting the maggot, and my no means are we the worst. I been at every ground in ireland and wittnesed it from the home "fans" kids 1st hand. Over the years i've defo seen worse behaviour by soem away fans in the Carlisle

Maz
28/04/2006, 8:17 PM
Your spot on there Maz !

But EVERY club has the same problem, yes EVERY club has the little kids who run around acting the maggot, and my no means are we the worst. I been at every ground in ireland and wittnesed it from the home "fans" kids 1st hand. Over the years i've defo seen worse behaviour by soem away fans in the Carlisle
Well obviously I'm speaking from my own experiences and the kids have been worse in the Carlisle. I cant make a general statement about them but I know from the many times I was there, they were a problem

pineapple stu
29/04/2006, 12:20 AM
There are indeed knacker kids at lots of grounds. However, a lot of people will note - and have noted - that the Carlisle is by far the worst for it in the league. To say otherwise is to completely ignore the issue at hand, which is hardly going to make it better.

The Wanderer
29/04/2006, 6:54 PM
Thats good coming from u pineapple stu when ucd have bout 5 supporters, bray is not far by the worse in the league, Dalymount is bad and in the first decision has to be cobh!

pineapple stu
29/04/2006, 9:59 PM
Thats good coming from u pineapple stu when ucd have bout 5 supporters
:rolleyes:

Poor Student
01/05/2006, 6:11 PM
Thats good coming from u pineapple stu when ucd have bout 5 supporters, bray is not far by the worse in the league, Dalymount is bad and in the first decision has to be cobh!

Dalymount is one of the grounds I've never experienced an ounce of trouble in. I've found the Carlisle the worst ground I have ever attended for hassle.

Roo69
02/05/2006, 8:36 AM
Dalymount is one of the grounds I've never experienced an ounce of trouble in. I've found the Carlisle the worst ground I have ever attended for hassle.

I've experienced these young little annoying kids at every ground i've been in with Cobh being the most annoying for me, Well not in UCD, jesus ive barely experienced an atmosphere there ! these kids don't cause serious trouble the way some "real" fans would, they just act the fool and run around trying to annoy people. Personally i think ya's need to chill out a bit people......

John83
02/05/2006, 12:37 PM
I've experienced these young little annoying kids at every ground i've been in with Cobh being the most annoying for me, Well not in UCD, jesus ive barely experienced an atmosphere there ! these kids don't cause serious trouble the way some "real" fans would, they just act the fool and run around trying to annoy people. Personally i think ya's need to chill out a bit people......
The only problem here is that a couple of Bray fans are reacting irrationally to a large number of people verifying that they have (had?) a problem with children and stewarding. They're name-calling, claiming that everyone has the same problem, even denying outright that a problem ever existed. It's childish, but that seems to be this league for you.:rolleyes:

BrAyCMilan
02/05/2006, 12:47 PM
The problem is that the Stewards are Kids! (no joke)

manontop
02/05/2006, 3:09 PM
The problem is that the Stewards are Kids! (no joke)

thats **** talking i know most of the stewards and there nearly all adults there is about 7 young lads not kids so cop on

Poor Student
02/05/2006, 3:55 PM
thats **** talking i know most of the stewards and there nearly all adults there is about 7 young lads not kids so cop on

Most of the stewards in Bray are not professionals and seem to be young partisan volunteers from the club. With all due respect, that's crap. Granted they're a bit older than the kids who give hassle. Bizarrely there was a 10 year old steward in United Park when we played Drogheda last month.:confused: