PDA

View Full Version : Lavine is gone

Pages : [1] 2

Terry
25/04/2006, 8:42 AM
Club statement

Galway United have terminated the contract, with immediate effect, of striker Eric Lavine following an internal disciplinary process.... www.galwayunitedfc.ie

corbyeire
25/04/2006, 9:14 AM
well it was coming from what ive been reading on the posts here - and from what ive seen of him so far this season - we are probably better off without him, if hes not up to it

The Stars
25/04/2006, 9:25 AM
what happened there lads?

gufct
25/04/2006, 10:15 AM
he thinks everyone is to blame except for himself. He should take a long hard look at himself as people within the club have bent over backwards for him but he just kept on looking after no 1. Anyone got damos number could be a place for him after the window.

Terry
25/04/2006, 10:45 AM
Come on home LOOPING !!!

Patrick Dunne
25/04/2006, 10:48 AM
A highly strung individual, who has a inflated sense of his own self-worth, and has issues with being told what to do by management ?

Terry
25/04/2006, 10:52 AM
A highly strung individual, who has a inflated sense of his own self-worth, who has issues with being told what to do by management ? :rolleyes:

Who, Eric or Damo? or both?

Patrick Dunne
25/04/2006, 10:55 AM
But in his defence, Damien doesn't have difficulties with attending training or away matches.

JW.
25/04/2006, 11:12 AM
Damo is French and can accordingly be excused such traits. I don't know what happened with Eric, but he's no loss as regards playing ability at this stage of his career anyway. Lost what pace he had and can't score.

Terry
25/04/2006, 11:18 AM
score goals I take it you mean JW?;)

PD/ He might join up with the niteowls now, not much training involved and no travelling, well only to mervue!!:D

As for Damo, when he was here we didnt train enough for the guy and we were almost guaranteed goals in every match he played in wether he was scoring or setting them up, great player.

JW.
25/04/2006, 11:33 AM
Damo's a great finisher, very intelligent player, easily a good addition if we could get him. As for Eric, yeah: I believe that while his scoring rate on the pitch was akin to Chelsea's Jeremy, his scoring rate off it was more like that of Ron Jeremy :)

corbyeire
25/04/2006, 11:42 AM
10/10 Jw:d

Patrick Dunne
25/04/2006, 12:16 PM
The Niteowls only want committed players, like we have in our current squad.
There is no room for chancers and wasters who are unreliable and let their teammates down.

I see that Eric has had a go at GUFC today in the Sentinel. He says that the way he was treated was "a disgrace" and that he was "pleased to be gone from the club if that is the way they are going to run things".

The article omitted to include the fact that this is the second club in less than a year that the named player has been booted out an EL club for disciplinary reasons.

Cheerio, Eric. Your time is up.

gufct
25/04/2006, 2:08 PM
after all that was done for him someone should ask him what is a disgrace "organising a secure job for him" plus a hell of a lot more i could put down here but wont. Who does he think he is fooling he was going to be included in the squad last saturday and would have started if he didnt behave like a 3 year old at training tuesday night.

Any respect for him is gone nowas a player and i hope all gufcfans let him know that and PD its actually the third club as he had a bust up along the same lines with Don in Longford wher he abused all and sundry.

looping
25/04/2006, 2:21 PM
A highly strung individual, who has a inflated sense of his own self-worth, and has issues with being told what to do by management ?

it s not completlywrong what u said but i dont get it about the " has issues with being told what to do by management ? " what do u mean i only had pbs in this club with tony mannion s views of soccer wish were radicaly opposite mine but that s it , i never had any issues with anybody being part of the galway management

damo

Poor Student
25/04/2006, 2:33 PM
it s not completlywrong what u said but i dont get it about the " has issues with being told what to do by management ? " what do u mean i only had pbs in this club with tony mannion s views of soccer wish were radicaly opposite mine but that s it , i never had any issues with anybody being part of the galway management

damo

Sorry to go off topic Galway lads. Damo, how is it going for you in Switzerland?

gufct
25/04/2006, 2:43 PM
your adoring public awaits you. I think people are slagging off eric and your name came up because you were a committed super hero fo the tribal army.

Trainee
25/04/2006, 3:10 PM
Its about time eric has gone(he has burnt to may bridges in my view)

No loss to us as he hasnt played a decent game for the club in a while

Just imagine if we held onto Damo.

Damo and Murphy up front what a partnership that would be

Conor H
25/04/2006, 3:15 PM
Well unforunately trainee i wouldn't say Murphy will be up front again for a while.IMO that is still his best posiition but we'll see how we fare.Eric's a clown and gufct i for one won't be long letting him know it should he cross GUFC's path again.Good to see we're getting rid of the players with no pride or interest in UTD.

So Damo are you on your way back?:)

Trainee
25/04/2006, 3:27 PM
Well unforunately trainee i wouldn't say Murphy will be up front again for a while.

I agree with you both barry and David O D should be kept upfront the both played well last saturday

Conor would u make any changes to the team that played in Kildare for the trip to cobh? (bear in mind mixie & Billy along with a couple of others were missing)

Conor H
25/04/2006, 3:29 PM
Considering we had won once in 7 games and were abismal against Athlone i wouldn't bother changing the team tbh.
Mixie will probably struggle to get into central midfield and im not too sure about Billy.
I think i'd just leave it.

gufct
25/04/2006, 4:06 PM
best team performance of the season last saturday so barring injuries it would be madness to drop anyone.

Pauro 76
25/04/2006, 4:08 PM
so where's Eric off to now?

galwaygirl
25/04/2006, 4:26 PM

damo

In PD's defence, i think he was on about Eric and not you Damo

Patrick Dunne
25/04/2006, 4:51 PM
It was you that I was on about, galwaygirl :D

Paddyfield
25/04/2006, 5:19 PM

The dole office!!!

So LOOPING, are you returning to the city of the tribes?

Mr A
25/04/2006, 5:55 PM
I'll bet he's wishing he sat out his fat contract at Longford right about now.....

pineapple stu
25/04/2006, 7:29 PM
So Damo are you on your way back?:)
Looks unlikely with the coveted number 9 jersey secured (http://www.fcfribourg.ch/1equipe.htm)!

The Stars
25/04/2006, 10:19 PM
.Good to see we're getting rid of the players with no pride or interest in UTD.
dont mean to sound negative but Lavine is not the only player at galway who couldnt give 2 sh!tes.
A step in the right direction all the same for ye though......but surely ye cant start O'Dowd if ye intend to win the league or at least come second.
Any names being talked about for a striker in the transfer window

Patrick Dunne
25/04/2006, 10:50 PM
In fairness to O'Dowd, his attitude has always been excellent and he has always given 100% for GUFC, even though he is not a prolific scorer.

JC_GUFC
25/04/2006, 11:45 PM
As for Eric, yeah: I believe that while his scoring rate on the pitch was akin to Chelsea's Jeremy, his scoring rate off it was more like that of Ron Jeremy :)

Hmmmm... A bit of a Billy Bagster in you there Pony.

Mr Njitap doesn't have a bad scoring record all the same.... :rolleyes:

Eric isn't a great loss really, passed it at this stage - I always thought Luther was the best of our Carribbean friends, closely followe by Sue-Ellen :p

Macy
26/04/2006, 8:21 AM
I'll bet he's wishing he sat out his fat contract at Longford right about now.....
Don't think he had much choice in the end.

gufct
26/04/2006, 10:31 AM
Hes going on Galway Bay this morning has the man any sense. He has let everyone down most importantly the Players and fans

Terry
26/04/2006, 10:32 AM
what is he saying? Is it the same rant that was on the sentinel yesterday?

Patrick Dunne
26/04/2006, 11:13 AM
Guff about not going to training because he had to mind his son. Bizarrely, this doesn't affect Alan Gough, who also has children, nor has it affected any other player in the history of the club.

Also complains about having training the morning after the ball, because everyone would be locked (according to Eric) and therefore it would be pointless. Eric didn't bother going.

Loads of other laughable rubbish about texts from Lal, etc.

Fair play to Keith Finnegan, who gave him a grilling about not attending training and the five-step disciplinary process which the club adhered to.

gufct
26/04/2006, 11:57 AM
sad he brought his son into it as anyone that knows the true story will know that they are loads of people who would mind him. I missed the interview but what was the point of Eric spouting all this rubbish as everyone knows he has no one to blame only himself.

corbyeire
27/04/2006, 3:19 PM
didnt hear the interview but have been told he has let himself down with it - and turned a lot of indifferent people against him on the radio

Ash
02/05/2006, 8:33 AM

Apparently he contacted us (ATFC, not the Cootes :p ) and
we are poised to sign him on a week-to-week basis.

We definately need someone who can put the ball in the net.
Some of the open goal misses against Monaghan were shocking!

Terry
02/05/2006, 9:39 AM
God help both yer club and women !!:D

Patrick Dunne
02/05/2006, 9:50 AM
I suppose Eric and Robert Forde will be training hard together back in Galway.

gufct
02/05/2006, 9:55 AM
lads and dont expect him to train . Strange thing is ye play on saturdays which would affect his parenting problems mor yea.

Terry
02/05/2006, 10:05 AM
Rumour has it that ATFC will have a creche in there new stadia!

Ash
02/05/2006, 10:26 AM
Strange thing is ye play on saturdays which would affect his
parenting problems mor yea.

After this weekends game against Limerick we're switching back to
Friday Night Football :D .

The committee switched to Saturday to see if there was any crowd
improvement but there wasnt so its back to the Friday night under
the lights.

Terry
02/05/2006, 1:28 PM
I seen this quote on the official website

Stephen Lally is on the lookout for another striker after Eric Lavine had his contract terminated during the week.

Anybody care to speculate on who it should be? I have a feeling he might go for someone local, junior level player maybe? Wouldnt know anyones name of hand though.

gufct
02/05/2006, 2:52 PM
Jonny Mernagh and unfortunately his track record is worse than Eric's. I reckon he will have to go further afield and that means waiting for the window to come around.

Terry
02/05/2006, 3:16 PM
and the only available striker at that level that I can see at the moment is CP O'Brien, who was released from Cobh. Of course, his record is just as bad as well !

Ash
03/05/2006, 8:48 AM
Eric Lavine signed for Athlone Town last night.
He'll be in the squad for the game against Limerick on Saturday.

As far as I know its on a week-to-week basis.

Macy
03/05/2006, 9:01 AM
We definately need someone who can put the ball in the net.

Well you might get that for about 8 weeks, then you'll get him to sign a longer contract, and the rest of us will watch the fun and games begin. :)

Ash
03/05/2006, 9:43 AM
Well you might get that for about 8 weeks, then you'll get him to sign a longer contract

Dunno about that, our new executituve committee are fairly business minded
so I cant see them taking a risk like that, especially with Lavines track record
and all the hassle we had getting rid of Andy Noonan and Gavin Doyle last
season.

Lets hope he gets the goals though cos we have been fairly pathetic up front.

gufct
03/05/2006, 9:47 AM
play with ye till july or maybe he is " a special case ".Its a joke he cant train with galway but can travel to athlone ASH what do you reckon.