PDA

View Full Version : Annoying songs

Marked Man
25/04/2006, 4:14 AM
What's the most annoying tune you have stuck in your head these days?

I have two. One of the phone companies here is running a horrible add with that poxy "woo-hoo" song from Kill Bill as it's theme. God I hate it.

The otherone is that for some reason--I have no idea what it is--I woke up the other day with Wham's "Wake me up before you go go" playing in my head. It's been there ever since.

CollegeTillIDie
25/04/2006, 6:59 AM
I have two. One of the phone companies here is running a horrible add with that poxy "woo-hoo" song from Kill Bill as it's theme. God I hate it.That Woo-hoo song wouldn't be " Song 2 " by Blur by any chance?

The otherone is that for some reason--I have no idea what it is--I woke up the other day with Wham's "Wake me up before you go go" playing in my head. It's been there ever since.This song had one of the biggest lies in a pop song. In 1984 George Michael wrote this " Cause I'm not planning on going solo" in the aforementioned song. And in 1986 that is precisely what he did ! :D

noby
25/04/2006, 8:00 AM
That Woo-hoo song wouldn't be " Song 2 " by Blur by any chance? No, it's the japanese girl band whose name escapes me. You could have worse songs stuck in your head, in fairness.

[edit] It just came to me. The 5,6,7,8's isn't it?

Dodge
25/04/2006, 8:18 AM
Think you're right noby. Decent song to have in your head too... Worst is if you listen to the radio and the last song you here before turning off is some Roxette crap or somelthing like that...

The Stars
25/04/2006, 9:23 AM
Lollypop,lollypop,oh lolly,lollypop...lollypop!

Anto McC
25/04/2006, 9:31 AM
That poxy pussycat dolls song with the cnut from the black eyed peas!

superfrank
25/04/2006, 10:26 AM
It's chico time...my god that song's ****e.

Neish
25/04/2006, 10:37 AM
That Gnarls Barkley crazy song, its on every where

Lionel Ritchie
25/04/2006, 2:26 PM
Walking in Memphis -Marc Cohn

The Way It is - Bruce Hornsby (and it's c-rappy "RnB" reworking)

In the middle of the night -Billy Joel

We didn't start the fire -Billy Joel

Black Velvet -some kicked harlot (possibly a guy in a dress)

PaulB
25/04/2006, 2:57 PM
anything by Brian Kennedy, hate the man with a passion..

noby
25/04/2006, 3:44 PM
Walking in Memphis -Marc Cohn
And the crappy cher version

Anything by Billy Joel

Bette Midler - Wind beneath my bingo wings

Fat boy slim remixes (well, the cornershop one in particular)

There's so many more, sometimes it's safer not to put on the radio, just in case.

Dodge
25/04/2006, 3:57 PM
threads merged. Some of Billy joels' stuff is good (although not the ones mentioned)

Stuttgart88
25/04/2006, 4:04 PM
Anyone remember "That's All" by Genesis? I used to go psychotic when I heard it.

Schumi
25/04/2006, 4:15 PM
The latest Streets' one. "Right see the thing that's got it all ****ed up now is camera-phones". I don't care, **** off!

sligoman
25/04/2006, 4:43 PM
The latest Streets' one. "Right see the thing that's got it all ****ed up now is camera-phones". I don't care, **** off!Classic!:D :D

Lionel Ritchie
26/04/2006, 10:02 AM
threads merged. Some of Billy joels' stuff is good (although not the ones mentioned)

ah I see fair enough. ...and I agree joel has some memorable moments.

Though I have to agree with a guy on TV last week who, when talking about some humongous pizza or similar, said he'd not witnessed so much melted cheese since he left his Billy Joel collection out in the sun.:D

Aberdonian Stu
26/04/2006, 12:18 PM
Well could you merge them again as my response to LR is now the start of that thread.

gustavo
26/04/2006, 1:21 PM
Anything By Westlife

jorge
26/04/2006, 9:21 PM
Anything by the Foo Fighters and Green Day.

Conor H
26/04/2006, 9:55 PM
Anything by the Foo Fighters and Green Day.

:eek: You what?!?

Lim till i die
27/04/2006, 11:44 AM

Green Day pee me right off.. Any man who suddenly decides in his thirtys that wearing eyeliner is cool should be put down. I'll just about give them "Basket Case" because it reminds me of happy times but all this new political cack they have come out with and the whole new image thing makes me want to go to Iraq with the U.S. Marines just to pi$$ them off

Foo Fighters - Colour and the shape was a good album and they have the odd decent single but a lot of their stuff is very shouty, very ordinary and very annoying.

noby
27/04/2006, 3:11 PM
A new one to add to my list:

U2 & Mary J.Blige

cheifo
27/04/2006, 5:33 PM
Cant listen to anything by Robbie Williams especially millenium.Also hate Angels,its i a song you could have imagined everbody singing at the end of a New Labour Party Conference.And I couldnt give a flying **** if it was played at your favourite Grannys funeral. oh yeh and the whole of the bloody moon by the waterboys. oh yeh and American Pie especially when sung by some smug cnut with a guitar at the end of a houseparty,
God I feel better now..cool thread.

jorge
27/04/2006, 9:28 PM
I just find his(Green Day) voice irritating and their songs are just crap IMO.But dont get me wrong I like a bit of rock and punk.

CollegeTillIDie
27/04/2006, 10:36 PM
Cant listen to anything by Robbie Williams especially millenium.Also hate Angels,its i a song you could have imagined everbody singing at the end of a New Labour Party Conference.And I couldnt give a flying **** if it was played at your favourite Grannys funeral. oh yeh and the whole of the bloody moon by the waterboys. oh yeh and American Pie especially when sung by some smug cnut with a guitar at the end of a houseparty,
God I feel better now..cool thread.

By the way should we set up a thread of annoying houseparty songs sung by cnuts with guitars. The things is all these geezers sing the same 20-25 songs. How unimaginative !

Marked Man
27/04/2006, 11:34 PM
By the way should we set up a thread of annoying houseparty songs sung by cnuts with guitars. The things is all these geezers sing the same 20-25 songs. How unimaginative !

We could maybe merge it with a thread on how to end a party (simply sing one of the following). Seriously...it'd be one thing if people asked someone to do a tune on their guitar, but most of these blokes just seem to assume that everyone else is as impressed by them as they are themselves.

Thunderblaster
27/04/2006, 11:54 PM
Some horror shows:

Four Bucketeers-Bucket of Water Song

Coast to Coast-Do The Hucklebuck

Piranhas-Zambesi

Malcolm McLaren-Double Dutch

Black Lace-Agadoo

Talking Heads-Raod to Nowhere

Spitting Image-The Chicken Song

M/A/R/R/S-Pump Up The Volume

Some but to name a few.

cheifo
28/04/2006, 12:12 AM

Yeh how mant times has Mr Cheesey slaughtered Wonderwall?The next time he gives that knowing grin and attempts the boxer song standard procedure should be a) stick on the sex pistols full blastand B) repeat bar scene from Goodfellas.
Other songs for your list ctid
Ride On(eyes closed while singing chorus-yuck)
Hey Jude
Us lads would not be too popular on the closing night of a youth defence weekend:D

Lionel Ritchie
28/04/2006, 9:02 AM

If the world has one single thing to thank Ticketmaster for it is the way it's scythed through the ranks of these *****s who want to be seen queue all night for tickets -crucifying 'Knocking on Heavens Door' (complete with vile GNR "Aye .....Aye ....Aye Aye Ayes") with their 90 quid beginners acoustic guitar followed by a shouty 'with or without you' and 'Everybody fcukin well Hurts'. Thanks you Ticketmaster ...for that ...and sweet fcuk all else.

Dodge
28/04/2006, 9:32 AM
We could maybe merge it with a thread on how to end a party (simply sing one of the following). Seriously...it'd be one thing if people asked someone to do a tune on their guitar, but most of these blokes just seem to assume that everyone else is as impressed by them as they are themselves.
The worst if a party is starting to take off and the music being played is cool, and then it stops for 1/2 blokes to spend 20 minutes trying to get a song going and everyone has to be quiet...

Me fein bollĂ´cksology of the highest order.

Back to this list. I despise anything that any Bedingfield is attached to. Not sure which of them is worse

noby
28/04/2006, 10:00 AM
Some horror shows:

Four Bucketeers-Bucket of Water Song

Coast to Coast-Do The Hucklebuck

Piranhas-Zambesi

Malcolm McLaren-Double Dutch

Black Lace-Agadoo

Talking Heads-Raod to Nowhere

Spitting Image-The Chicken Song

M/A/R/R/S-Pump Up The Volume

Some but to name a few.
What radio station do you listen to? Sounds great!

I can't believe I forgot Dr. Hook
And any band named after an American city (Boston, Chicago, Miami sound machine, er, Whitney Houston) An exception being the LA's.

cheifo
29/04/2006, 10:50 PM
Michael Bolton is satan.

Anto McC
30/04/2006, 12:11 AM
Anything by the Black eyed peas or Red hot chilli peppers

Marked Man
30/04/2006, 1:02 AM
Michael Bolton is satan.

Doubt it. There is no way the likes of AC/DC and Black Sabbath would be looking forward to an eternity with MB.

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 9:03 AM
You mean Michael Bolotin( real name of MB) surely ! :D

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 9:11 AM
Some songs I hope I never hear again at matches.

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag... sung by the crowd at the game...
naff naff naff !

cheifo
30/04/2006, 4:58 PM
Nominee for worst chorus of all time.The Corrs "I did'nt really love you anyway" Now dont let that one get stuck in yer head.

A face
30/04/2006, 4:59 PM
No, it's the japanese girl band whose name escapes me. You could have worse songs stuck in your head, in fairness.

[edit] It just came to me. The 5,6,7,8's isn't it?

Is that the song from Kill Bill ??

Marked Man
30/04/2006, 8:07 PM
Yes, it is.

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 9:16 PM
What about that Miller ad song " Fantastic Cat"?

hamish
30/04/2006, 9:22 PM
Christine Aguelera's "song" called "Dirrrty". Jeez, I hate that "song" - and the video - with a vengeance.:mad:

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 9:33 PM
I hate Christina Aguilera with a vengeance :D

hamish
30/04/2006, 9:36 PM
I hate Christina Aguilera with a vengeance :D

Yeah, me too CTID - I've a thread started about Spartak Dynamo - any info. on them 'cos you know everything - and that's not a slag BTW:)

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 9:37 PM
Where's the thread Hamish?

hamish
30/04/2006, 10:10 PM
Where's the thread Hamish?

Think you've found it by now - it's in Junior section.

Oh, here's another song I hate - that "discofied" Elvis one that was used in the Cantona advert - A little conversation or something like that.

cheifo
01/05/2006, 4:20 PM
I am no prude but considering that Christina Aguilera video is aimed at Kids its disgusting.

noby
02/05/2006, 7:45 AM
Think you've found it by now - it's in Junior section.

Oh, here's another song I hate - that "discofied" Elvis one that was used in the Cantona advert - A little conversation or something like that.
Good one.

Even when David Holmes used it in Ocean's Eleven, he said it was too good to touch the original, then someone else came along and screwed it up.

Pauro 76
03/05/2006, 11:55 AM
I quite like REM but 'Shiny Happy People' really f*cks me off. So bad it didnt make their Best of Collection. Damn right too.