PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when the team come back?

Mattigol
16/06/2002, 10:36 PM
Tuesday isn't it? But what time does the flight get in, and whens the shindig in Phoenix Park?

trulan
17/06/2002, 8:40 AM
tues evening at 4pm in the phoenix park, dont bother going to the airport they are gettinga helichopter straight top the park

James
17/06/2002, 8:50 AM
i wouldnt bank on the park just yet
judging by the uproar on da radio.. no-one wants to go there

haha nad everyones passing the buck on who's decision it is to have it at the park over the streets of dublin..

James
17/06/2002, 8:52 AM
Duchais are organising it and they come under the art and cul;ture portfolio of the government.. who want it on the streets, as does the FAI as do the players and the fans.. and Marion Finnucane :) .. lol

but the blame so far has been passed between the guards, duchais, the fai, the civil defence

*as of yet *** keane or eamonn dunphy are yet to be blamed, but the morning is young yet :)

dahamsta
17/06/2002, 10:04 AM
judging by the uproar on da radio.. no-one wants to go there

The Garda want it there, and unless Bertie sticks his nose in and effs it up for them, they'll win.

It'll be in the Park.

adam

pete
17/06/2002, 11:34 AM
Apparently its planned for Stephens Green i think? Anyone else hear this?

While i'm proud of the performances of the team/squad i don't feel the need to celebrate a 2nd round exit. I know its not exactely a celebration but anyone remember the fiasco of the phoenix park after the 94 WC?

Colm
17/06/2002, 3:18 PM
I dont see it as a celebration, I see it as a chance to welcome the team home, thank them for the enjoyment they provided and let them know that the Irish people are proud of them.
IMO, if Mick and the players want it in O'Connell st. then thats where it should be, after all its their party. Surely the Gardai have the brains to put the necessary safety measures in place.

pete
17/06/2002, 3:25 PM
I don't think it really matters where it is but O'Connell St at 4pm would shut the whole city down. If doesn't matter to me but it doesn't take much to feck up the dublin traffic "system" & its unfair to add an hour or so opnto someones commute just cos they can't wait a few hours.

IMO should have at 8pm somewhere.

Colm
17/06/2002, 3:33 PM
Yeah I can understand that a lot of people wouldnt be too happy about being delayed by a football team blocking the streets.
I agree with you that around 8pm would be a good time and I agree with Mick and the players that it should be held in O'Connell st.

pete
17/06/2002, 3:41 PM
Phoenix Park 6pm Tuesday.

see news section (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&postid=23016#post23016)

dahamsta
17/06/2002, 5:50 PM
Toltcha!

heh

adam