PDA

View Full Version : Shels the new Dublin City?

Pages : [1] 2

Poor Student
22/04/2006, 9:52 PM
Have a look at the last booking in the UCD v Shels match on Shelsweb matchzone:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/matchzone/matchzone.php?matchid=1501

I think that was Gary Dicker. What kind of petulent unprofessional crap is that? Surely that will bring down Shels' marketability in end of season rankings.

Risteard
22/04/2006, 10:10 PM
The Drogs web reports on matches used be mildly amusing but that's just embarassing carry-on by Shelsweb there.

Gareth
22/04/2006, 10:12 PM
I have changed that. I didn't see that till now. My apologises. We provide that service now for many months and our reports are generally without bias usually etc. That was a silly thing to put in. I hope you don't think that as the standard as I think we keep a good site running over there.

Poor Student
22/04/2006, 10:23 PM
I have changed that. I didn't see that till now. My apologises. We provide that service now for many months and our reports are generally without bias usually etc. That was a silly thing to put in. I hope you don't think that as the standard as I think we keep a good site running over there.

I put this up in a bit of haste. I don't think it's fair to Gareth who does do a good job and I'm sure had nothing to do with it. Embarrassing though.:o

Next time Gareth don't hire Seery to do this kind of work.;)

Dazzy
22/04/2006, 10:25 PM
It could be influence from Di Stefano:eek: or whatever his name is:D

Risteard
22/04/2006, 10:43 PM
A dignified response.
:)

Gareth
22/04/2006, 10:50 PM
Hope that matter is sorted now. Cheers for pointing it out and hard luck tonight. Wasn't the best game I have been to.

Risteard
22/04/2006, 11:03 PM
Hope that matter is sorted now. Cheers for pointing it out and hard luck tonight. Wasn't the best game I have been to.
You didn't go to the Belfield SuperBowl XXXXV?
Shame on you!!!!

Gareth
22/04/2006, 11:14 PM
You didn't go to the Belfield SuperBowl XXXXV?
Shame on you!!!!

I was in Belfield.

Risteard
22/04/2006, 11:22 PM
Can posters please specify who their posts are directed to?
24 hour ban.

Gareth
22/04/2006, 11:28 PM
Can posters please specify who their posts are directed to?
24 hour ban.

When I said Cheers for pointing that out. It was nto directed at you but the person who pointed it out, namely Poor Student. Nothing would have suggested you as you didnt point it out. I understand what you meant then seeing as you assumed I was in tolka!!! :)

Risteard
22/04/2006, 11:33 PM
groooaaan.:o
Wish i was thanked.

:D

John83
22/04/2006, 11:36 PM
It's OK Gareth - the screenshot has been saved and is available here on the UCD fanzine site (http://www.stigonline.com/31683_********.jpg). :)

Gareth
22/04/2006, 11:38 PM
groooaaan.:o
Wish i was thanked.

:D

Thank you. Without you, nothing would be achieveable or worth achiveing. You make it all possible and worthwhile. Fair play and well done and more importantly Thank you.

Better?

Gareth
22/04/2006, 11:39 PM
It's OK Gareth - the screenshot has been saved and is available here on the UCD fanzine site (http://www.stigonline.com/31683_********.jpg). :)

I would appriciate you didn't do that thanks. Remember, reproduction of any materials from the website is copyrighted and permission must be sought, so I am not giving you permission so can you take that down :)

sligoman
22/04/2006, 11:44 PM
It's OK Gareth - the screenshot has been saved and is available here on the UCD fanzine site (http://www.stigonline.com/31683_********.jpg). :)Haha, class!:D.

John83
22/04/2006, 11:48 PM
I would appriciate you didn't do that thanks. Remember, reproduction of any materials from the website is copyrighted and permission must be sought, so I am not giving you permission so can you take that down :)
Erm, no. :D

Gareth
22/04/2006, 11:49 PM
Erm..I think you have to. :)

John83
22/04/2006, 11:52 PM
Erm..I think you have to. :) Care to run that past a lawyer? :D Mention the term "fair use".

I think that evidence of abusive language used in an official capacity on a Shelbourne site towards another eircom League player needs to be preserved for the coming fine.

Gareth
22/04/2006, 11:54 PM
Its copyrighted material copied without the permission of the creator. You can quote it but publishing the graphic isnt. Fair dealing wouldnt cover multiple copies of it. It would be fair dealing for the purposes of research or private study. The work may also be used for criticism or review or for reporting current events, with the same proviso, and provided further that the use of the work is accompanied by an acknowledgement identifying the author and the title of the work. it is unlikely that the making of multiple copies of a work will ever qualify as fair dealing.

John83
23/04/2006, 12:01 AM
Its copyrighted material copied without the permission of the creator. You can quote it but publishing the graphic isnt. Fair dealing wouldnt cover multiple copies of it. It would be fair dealing for the purposes of research or private study. The work may also be used for criticism or review or for reporting current events, with the same proviso, and provided further that the use of the work is accompanied by an acknowledgement identifying the author and the title of the work. it is unlikely that the making of multiple copies of a work will ever qualify as fair dealing. There's just one copy - the one on the server. If you'd like to let me know who wrote it, I'll happily credit him. Frankly, you haven't a leg to stand on here.

Gareth
23/04/2006, 12:03 AM
There's just one copy - the one on the server. If you'd like to let me know who wrote it, I'll happily credit him.

I wonder would the fact the one copy is being accessed multiple times by multiple people cover multiple usage. I'd assume so.

John83
23/04/2006, 12:06 AM
I wonder would the fact the one copy is being accessed multiple times by multiple people cover multiple usage. I'd assume so.
That's okay so. I'll just email it to the league with a complaint about the actions of a Shelbourne official whose identity you are concealing. :)

Gareth
23/04/2006, 12:08 AM
That's okay so. I'll just email it to the league with a complaint about the actions of a Shelbourne official whose identity you are concealing. :)

Typed in error and changed promptly. If you're that pedantic do what you like John83. A real hero you are.

John83
23/04/2006, 12:19 AM
Typed in error and changed promptly. If you're that pedantic do what you like John83. A real hero you are.
I'm sorry. I appear to have made a misjudgement of the situation here. I have just now noticed that the keys "er" and "head" are right beside eachother.

Gareth
23/04/2006, 12:22 AM
I'm sorry. I appear to have made a misjudgement of the situation here. I have just now noticed that the keys "er" and "head" are right beside eachother.

Keep up the good work. Not continuing on with this stupidity. I am surprised I did for so long, more fool me I guess. Good night.

Dr.Nightdub
23/04/2006, 1:12 AM

Not if we all just access it once for research, as in finding out what all this is about. And tell all our mates to just access it once for their research as well.

Remember all that stuff that the League came out with last year about clubs being responsible for the content of their publications, be they programmes or websites or whatever? And the League promising to strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy etc etc? Shelsweb is the official website of Shelbourne FC, n'est-ce pas - and calling an opposition player "********" seems pretty poisonous to me.

Rules is rules, lads... ;)

Gareth
23/04/2006, 6:54 AM
You know what, I have seen far worse on Drogs website/Bohs forum/Cork fourm and I don't see knickers getting in a twist. Report it if you like lads. I run a tight enough shop on the Shels website. I spend so much of my free time trying to promote this league. I apologised already and removed it very promptly. I am very strict on cursing and general bad behaviour on our forum and don't expect it on our site. Its just disappointing how quickly you all are to report a service I try to do for our fans and the league in general. As I said, report it if you deem it necessary. But jesus lads, your pretty pathetic in my eyes. That is all I am saying on this.

CollegeTillIDie
23/04/2006, 7:22 AM
Not if we all just access it once for research, as in finding out what all this is about. And tell all our mates to just access it once for their research as well.

Remember all that stuff that the League came out with last year about clubs being responsible for the content of their publications, be they programmes or websites or whatever? And the League promising to strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy etc etc? Shelsweb is the official website of Shelbourne FC, n'est-ce pas - and calling an opposition player "********" seems pretty poisonous to me.

Rules is rules, lads... ;)

This is an example of one of our professional clubs.... another one ( Drogheda United) seem incapable of providing hot showers to players after a game ,if Dublin City or UCD did that you would never hear the end of it :rolleyes:

Gareth
23/04/2006, 7:58 AM
This is an example of one of our professional clubs.... another one ( Drogheda United) seem incapable of providing hot showers to players after a game ,if Dublin City or UCD did that you would never hear the end of it :rolleyes:

*sigh* Its good to see your not hung for one mistake that lasted a few minutes eh. Good indeed.

pete
23/04/2006, 9:27 AM
Obviously whatever was on shelsweb has been edited now so can't comment. Shelsweb ususally has good pre & post match reports.

Has anyone ever read some of the drivel on the Drogs OFFICIAL site? Looks like 10 year ols writting the reports with deliberate mis-spellings, cursing, admissions of drunkeness & drug taking... I'd hate to see what they put up on their UNofficial site...

:eek:

Gareth
23/04/2006, 9:42 AM
Obviously whatever was on shelsweb has been edited now so can't comment. Shelsweb ususally has good pre & post match reports.

Cheers Pete. I guess the same thing would happen to Cork if anything was spotted as is happening here. Storm in a teacup really. The lad who does our match reports usually is a lad called Glenn Mason and I think his match reports are very good. Unfortunately I then write a few and the standard falls through the floor :)

pete
23/04/2006, 9:57 AM
Drogs Official site (http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Article.asp?ArticleID=654)

Is this worthy of an official website that represents our league?

I like this one but still amateur hour... (http://www.droghedaunited.ie/Scripts/Result.asp?FixtureID=318)

ColinR
23/04/2006, 10:01 AM
got to agree. at first i find the reports slightly amusing, and at least a bit different than normal with some opinion. but the writer has seen to have lost the run of himself over the last year or so. it certainly doesn't belong on an official website.

Gareth
23/04/2006, 10:06 AM
Match reports are just that, reports on the game, they tend to be pretty straightforward. At least do one that is normal and then a quirky one? Eitherway the article seems a tad amatuer yeah, but at least there seems to be a decent website built round it? In a league full of negatives, we should really try and point out more positives!!

John83
24/04/2006, 9:26 AM
Obviously whatever was on shelsweb has been edited now so can't comment. Shelsweb ususally has good pre & post match reports. Agreed. To be honest, I don't have a problem with the Shelsweb thing - the Stig lads all found it quite funny actually. I was mostly pulling Gareth's leg. :D Sorry Gareth. Doesn't mean I'm taking it down though.

Has anyone ever read some of the drivel on the Drogs OFFICIAL site? Looks like 10 year ols writting the reports with deliberate mis-spellings, cursing, admissions of drunkeness & drug taking... I'd hate to see what they put up on their UNofficial site...:eek: Yeah, it's awful, and it's not alone. Still, as someone said, we should focus on the positives. There are some really good sites out there now.

Poor Student
24/04/2006, 9:56 AM
Has anyone ever read some of the drivel on the Drogs OFFICIAL site? Looks like 10 year ols writting the reports with deliberate mis-spellings, cursing, admissions of drunkeness & drug taking... I'd hate to see what they put up on their UNofficial site...

:eek:

Well, their stewards are 10 year olds.

sfc red
26/04/2006, 3:25 PM
Way to help promote our league John83 you tool.

Fair play Gareth, we have the best EL site in the country and people are starting to get jealous now.

Speranza
26/04/2006, 3:35 PM
I know $hels fans are all of school-age and by the looks of it the free-state education sytem is in an awful state as the posters on here seem to lack any intellect or common sense.

Has it got to the stage were we cannot level criticism at a club without being jealous?

bigmac
26/04/2006, 3:43 PM
Way to help promote our league John83 you tool.

Almost as good as calling a player dlckhead on an official site! It happened, it was fixed, it was funny. Nobody was going to report it cos there wasn't much in it - is still funny though.

RĂ©iteoir
26/04/2006, 4:06 PM
I know $hels fans are all of school-age and by the looks of it the free-state education sytem is in an awful state as the posters on here seem to lack any intellect or common sense.

Has it got to the stage were we cannot level criticism at a club without being jealous?

Quit being so jealous :rolleyes:

Gareth
26/04/2006, 7:00 PM
Lads, :) , its all cool. I was foolish to continue the thread but I think myself and John83 where more interested in a bit of a silly banter on copyright law than the actual original comment. Eitherway, I hope we can all group hug and carry on. I don't think the league is jealous of Shels, and rightly so. At the moment, we should all level our jealousy at Drogs, the unstoppable force of Irish Football. :)

So lets all chill and look forward to things that matter (ie finding a sligo player we can cause contraversy re-naming on saturday).

sligoman
26/04/2006, 7:48 PM
So lets all chill and look forward to things that matter (ie finding a sligo player we can cause contraversy re-naming on saturday).Well you seem to like Dicks Gareth so we have a player called Richard Brush that you can re-name Dick Brush, how's that sound for ya?:D :p.

Gareth
26/04/2006, 8:33 PM
Well you seem to like Dicks Gareth

Slanderous!!!!!! :)

micls
26/04/2006, 8:47 PM
If only you knew what brush meant in Portugese

Celdrog
26/04/2006, 10:02 PM

Evidence please, I am very interested in this allegation (or libellous remark)

Gareth
26/04/2006, 10:33 PM
Rename this thread , Student Till I .... Get Sued for Libel and Slander and cant afford college no more :)

pineapple stu
26/04/2006, 11:02 PM
Evidence please, I am very interested in this allegation (or libellous remark)
It was in the College Tribune (or the Observer; can't remember which) - Mahon was complaining about the FAI's new league proposals and mentioned that Drogheda had no hot water when we were up there a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that - even if not true - it could possibly constitute libel.

Gareth, you should know that there's no point in suing students! Which is great, as it means we can do what we want! :)

Celdrog
26/04/2006, 11:48 PM
It was in the College Tribune (or the Observer; can't remember which) - Mahon was complaining about the FAI's new league proposals and mentioned that Drogheda had no hot water when we were up there a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that - even if not true - it could possibly constitute libel.

Gareth, you should know that there's no point in suing students! Which is great, as it means we can do what we want!

So Pete Mahon says that once there was no hot water and we are now incapable of providing hot showers.

If this comment is untrue it defames the directors of Drogheda United for running a professional football club and not providing a basic amenity and as it is the written word it would be called libel and not slander which would be the spoken word.

Anyway it is obviously part of the Mahon / Doolo slagging match.:rolleyes:

As regards suing and students, CTID has not been a student for a while now, has he??? ;)

The Drogs chairman is a solicitor but I think he'll let CTID away with it this time :D I'll have a word with him and make sure that the showers in the new stadium have lashings of hot water !!

John83
27/04/2006, 9:39 AM
So Pete Mahon says that once there was no hot water and we are now incapable of providing hot showers.
Mahon is clearly saying that Drogheda was incapable of providing UCD with hot showers - quite recently too.

If this comment is untrue it defames the directors of Drogheda United for running a professional football club and not providing a basic amenity and as it is the written word it would be called libel and not slander which would be the spoken word.
The same applies to your post. Would you care to back up your accusations of libel, or shall we contact our solicitors regards the libelous suggestion that Mahon is lying and the scurrilous slur on CTID's good name?

Anyway it is obviously part of the Mahon / Doolo slagging match.:rolleyes:
Either it's true or it's not. Doolin being an arsewipe doesn't come into it.