PDA

View Full Version : new boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yan
15/06/2002, 11:01 PM
were andrews, jimmy, hoggie, playing against ramblers??

if not where were they

did reynolds look good,did he fit in with the team

surely city will organise some cross channel team friendly to raise some funds for the club especially when we wont be getting any revenue from europe

or will lennox's money bail us out of that

anybody here of the so called trip to the U.S. by lennox and murphy in the search of a new striker

looks like murphy is wasting the clubs money on little triops away,

was the friendly against queenstown on the echo,coz i didnt see it, otherwise i would have going,

if it wasnt on the echo, why wasnt it, i thought they were going to improve there coverage of cork city fc

eoinh
16/06/2002, 5:45 PM
Originally posted by yan

anybody here of the so called trip to the U.S. by lennox and murphy in the search of a new striker

ive said constantly these are the wrong countries to go to for new players. they should go to placees like cost rica or their neighbours like honduras and pick up some decent players there. theyld jump at a chance to play football in europe. some of the poorer or less well known countries in africa should be tried as well. if pats can find mbazi livingstone in Uganda then we should be able to find similiar sorts of players. all it takes is research and planning.

James
17/06/2002, 7:57 AM
Originally posted by yan
were andrews, jimmy, hoggie, playing against ramblers??

if not where were they

Andrews & hoggie were there and played good enough
impressed with andrews was i

jimmy is injured AFAIK and out for a while.. (joe can confirm this)

Originally posted by yan
did reynolds look good,did he fit in with the team

not the greatest game from him IMO

Originally posted by yan
surely city will organise some cross channel team friendly to raise some funds for the club especially when we wont be getting any revenue from europe
or will lennox's money bail us out of that

With us going to a summer soccer season type thing, and starting in less then 3weeks now :) , none of the english clubs AFAIK are playing friendlies yet, but i know it has been mentioned that we will play possibly some of them during the season if you are worried about missing out on seeing some english players yan :),

Originally posted by yan
looks like murphy is wasting the clubs money on little triops away,

that was a trip organised and arranged by Stiofain Naomha, and AFAIK had nothing to do with CCFC other then the fact that Liam Murphy is involved with both entities.

Originally posted by yan
was the friendly against queenstown on the echo,coz i didnt see it, otherwise i would have going,
if it wasnt on the echo, why wasnt it, i thought they were going to improve there coverage of cork city fc
excellent point yan and something that needs to be improved and we all have been pleading and asking for this for aaages now. it wasnt in the echo i beleive but was only mentioned on Aertel, where i only found out about the game (thanks for the text boss :) ) late on friday night..

Jim Smith
17/06/2002, 8:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by James

What did Joe do to him? :eek:

joe
17/06/2002, 5:21 PM
Originally posted by James

Andrews & hoggie were there and played good enough
impressed with andrews was i

andrews was standing on the sideline for the match, and i have to admit that i didn't see hoggie at all - let alone on the pitch!

jimmy had a hernia op recently and will be out for about 2 more months

James
17/06/2002, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by joe
andrews was standing on the sideline for the match, and i have to admit that i didn't see hoggie at all - let alone on the pitch!

yea thats what i meant oops
aam yea what i meant when i said they played was of course that no they didnt play.. and er um yea i was at the match... hmmm *twas a 10.30 am KO for feck sake and after a night out on the beer :)

joe
17/06/2002, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by James

twas a 10.30 am KO for feck sake and after a night out on the beer :)

just to clarify another inaccuracy, the match, though originally scheduled for a 10.30 am KO, actually kicked-off at 10.45 am

James
17/06/2002, 5:30 PM
hahaha thats why it seemed to drag on for aaages when i arrived about 5mins into the game :) thinking i only had another 20mins circa to go in the 1st half..