PDA

View Full Version : FA Youth Cup final

Clifford
21/04/2006, 9:28 PM
Anyone see it?

Just finished on sky - Liverpool got beaten 2-0 on the night but had won the first leg 3-0, so took the trophy.

My point really is that both legs were a breath of fresh air to watch, lot's of energetic young lads putting it about, untouched by the falling over and scheming that would be associated with the game at senior levels.

I saw most of last week's game and the Liverpool front three of Anderson, Hamill and Linnfield were awesome. I think City's problem was their captain Micah Richards was playing with the first's the next day so he missed it. Tonight, the aforementioned Richards was immense, played centre half, but was a striker for large parts. A Daniel Sturridge scored two cracking goals for City tonight and Karl Moore impressed also (if a little light just yet).

Hats off to both teams and well done to Liverpool on digging in when it looked like they were doomed. Steve Highway very gracious afterwards I thought.

The future is bright if these lads are anything to go by.

4tothefloor
23/04/2006, 1:36 PM
It was a good final, but I could only see about a handfull that would make it. For Liverpool Hobbs and Antwi. Maybe Anderson, Hamill and Roque. For City Richards and Sturridge, maybe Etuhu and that nippy right back. Moore didn't really impress me though.

feo123
23/04/2006, 1:58 PM
the first goal was sumtin else! what a strike!

Clifford
24/04/2006, 1:53 PM
For Liverpool Hobbs and Antwi. Maybe Anderson, Hamill and Roque. For City Richards and Sturridge, maybe Etuhu and that nippy right back. Moore didn't really impress me though.

Agree with most of that, Moore is tiny, his agression and attitude showed up a lot of the others, but he must have put in about 8 crosses in the first half that a decent striker would have converted, he gave the right back hell. Faded near the end when they moved him surprisingly to the other wing.