PDA

View Full Version : Banjos :rolleyes:

A face
21/04/2006, 2:35 PM
Lads is there a group of Drogs fans calling themselves the Banjos ??

ndrog
21/04/2006, 10:47 PM
no ...but as you well know there is a bunch of C@ntcity *******s on langer web with a deliverance obsession.Strange bunch you mexicans !!!!!!!!!

A face
22/04/2006, 1:40 AM
no ...but as you well know there is a bunch of C@ntcity *******s on langer web with a deliverance obsession.Strange bunch you mexicans !!!!!!!!!

Are they your new firm .... and why Banjos ?? seriously

Cosmo
23/04/2006, 12:50 AM
Are they your new firm .... and why Banjos ?? seriously

Any mods around here or is this just look after your own with corkies as per usual

dahamsta
23/04/2006, 1:39 AM
What?

Cosmo
23/04/2006, 9:47 AM
What?

It's a total f**king wind up this thread but seen as its a cork mod, that seems to be ok :rolleyes:

dahamsta
23/04/2006, 10:33 AM
Why is it a wind up? Is it not a valid question? (I don't know, I'm asking. Face, what's your response to this, were you being a smartass when you posted the question, despite the fact that you're only too well aware that it's against the rules to go into another club forum to troll?)

What about ndrog's response Cosmo, is that ok with you? Do you think that's the sort of thing I should allow around here? There seems to be an awful lot of animosity towards Cork fans out there at the moment because of the actions of a few, dhould we label all Drogs fans ignorant because of ndrog's post above?

Cosmo
23/04/2006, 10:38 AM
Why is it a wind up? Is it not a valid question? (I don't know, I'm asking.) What about ndrog's response, is that ok with you?

It's not a valid question - it's a 100% wind up carrying on from comments on the cork official forum.

as for ndrogs post,it's just as bad, but he probably didn't see the point in reporting a corkies post on here and just responded to a juvenile post with a juvenile response

Btw just saw your edited part of your post and that is a fair comment about it only being a very small minority of cork supporters - just find it amazing that they get away with it on here when you consider some of the other stuff tha gets binned, people barred for etc

dahamsta
23/04/2006, 11:06 AM
It's not a valid question - it's a 100% wind up carrying on from comments on the cork official forum.Comments where? I need to have stuff pointed out to me, can't go looking for (or find, usually) stuff on spec. I'm not qualified, remember? (Seriously, I'm not kidding.)

as for ndrogs post,it's just as bad, but he probably didn't see the point in reporting a corkies post on here and just responded to a juvenile post with a juvenile responseSee, this is the problem, people complain about stuff not being done, but nothing can be done if complaints aren't made. I'm not a mindreader like. You weren't happy with it either, why didn't you complain? There's a Report This Post button on /every/ post.

Btw just saw your edited part of your post and that is a fair comment about it only being a very small minority of cork supporters - just find it amazing that they get away with it on here when you consider some of the other stuff tha gets binned, people barred for etcTo be honest I'm always surprised at the accusation of bias towards City fans on Foot.ie. Most of you seem to have missed the fact that I spent quite some time weeding out most of the City troublemakers, and telling them to píss off somewhere that'll take their bullshít. Don't believe me? Go to the official site and search on my name. Those freaks follow me around on /other/ sites!

adam

ndrog
23/04/2006, 11:24 AM
Fair point.Apologies for my response.But as cosmo said it was a total wind up by a face.My over reaction was down to some of the abuse by some cork idiotic fans about nothing to do with football .

Cosmo
23/04/2006, 11:28 AM
'Comments where?'

Basically referring to drogheda supporters as banjo playing 6 toed inbreds, mother sister sha@ggers, sellafield things, etc etc

Going a bit off topic, some of the sick cnuts started slagging about sellafield which is something not to be joked about up here

'but nothing can be done if complaints aren't made'

Well i reported a couple of posts a couple of weeks ago, and nothing was done about them at all (and thats fair enough its your site, just making the point that I dont see the advantage of us reporting corkies posts)

'Go to the official site and search on my name. Those freaks follow me around on /other/ sites!'

I noticed that, and fair enough comment and tbh you're far from the worst of the cork bias on here - I'm more referring to the other cork 'mods'

dahamsta
23/04/2006, 12:01 PM
Fair point.Apologies for my response.But as cosmo said it was a total wind up by a face.My over reaction was down to some of the abuse by some cork idiotic fans about nothing to do with football .Your apology is appreciated, however I'd ask that you take note of your own use of the word "some", and that you don't do it again.

Basically referring to drogheda supporters as banjo playing 6 toed inbreds, mother sister sha@ggers, sellafield things, etc etcI've asked face to respond to this. He hasn't been around since yesterday, so I'd appreciate it if you'd give him the right of reply. If it really was a troll, he'll be suspended as a moderator.

Well i reported a couple of posts a couple of weeks ago, and nothing was done about them at all (and thats fair enough its your site, just making the point that I dont see the advantage of us reporting corkies posts)Reported posts go to forum moderators, who are supposed to follow up on the reports. If they don't, a follow-up complaint should be posted in Support, or reported to me directly. I'm not making excuses, that's just the procedure.

I noticed that, and fair enough comment and tbh you're far from the worst of the cork bias on here - I'm more referring to the other cork 'mods'Well, we have to have mods, and the Cork users have been around longer and have put in more effort than anyone else, so they get appointed supermods. It's not a conspiracy, it's just the way things work out. If non-Cork mods made more of an effort, we might be further along.

A face
23/04/2006, 1:46 PM
Basically referring to drogheda supporters as banjo playing 6 toed inbreds, mother sister sha@ggers, sellafield things, etc etc

Hang on a second there Cosmo .... i think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself there fella.

I was trying to find out if there was some sort of group in Drogheda, given the amount of fans that have been attacked the recently without ANY action been taken.

Point out where i said anything derogatory ??

City fans have witnessed mirrors toren off cars, buses being stoned and fans being attack with a ratio of 20 to 1 ..... with that in mind do you not think any concerned fan would ask about your firm.

And whats more, i am not keeping track of your contribuations to debate elsewhere and you can be damn sure i'm not going to start either. Drogs fans are responsible for your own actions, if you are getting in trouble elsewhere then that is completely your own problem. You dont have problems on foot.ie spilling over onto other boards because it is moderated properly, so why should foot have to entertain any stuff that spills over on here, imo just as a normal poster ... it shouldn't.

I am not taking any responsiblity for stuff being posted elsewhere, debate which i'm not even involved in. Equally i dont pass comment on stuff on the Drogs official site, that up to the admin over there. Dont cloud the situation at all ..... its as clear as day in my eyes anyway.

I have read everything here so i'm may post again.

A face
23/04/2006, 2:05 PM
If I post anything out of line, other mods are fast enough to say it and likewise with them. You may think its one rule for mods and not for other but you’d actually be wrong. I have been questioned on stuff i wrote and i have also questioned other on what they wrote, and rightly so ... thats the way it should be. Its not like mods just run riot, it is the opposite in fact, most of the time trying to pacify situations.

Any post that is reported, it is dealt with straightaway … Cosmo, what posts did you report? Was I posting in those threads? And its not like you could pm me if you had a problem? Did i not deal with any other problems in the past straightaway for you, why is it so different this time?

On the Drogs casuals issue, was there ever even anything done about it? What action did anyone take? Was it even condemned? Or are we just not allowed ask, just sit there with your broken nose and don’t open you mouth is it? Come off the stage Cosmo.

I actually dont want to go down this road, i was merely asking what the situation was.

Edit:

Cosmo ..... a question for you ?

Have i been posting about any of that sixtoe stuff? ..... its a yes or no answer

Cosmo
23/04/2006, 9:47 PM
On the Drogs casuals issue, was there ever even anything done about it? What action did anyone take? Was it even condemned? Or are we just not allowed ask, just sit there with your broken nose and don’t open you mouth is it? Come off the stage Cosmo.

A face, you're talking sh!te

Theres is no drogheda casuals :rolleyes:

2 or 3 people have been barred from united park this season - we just dont publicise it and make an issue of it

I don't open my mouth???, I personally arranged for our board to sort out complimentary tickets for the cork lads that got slapped (who made no issue of it at all btw -seem like sound lads, looking forward to having a few pints with them)

'If it really was a troll, he'll be suspended as a moderator.'

Complete troll by asking if there's a group called 'banjos' which he has no basis of! Where is the group? Where did he get the name of 'banjo's ' - to wind us up is the answer!! Dont get me wrong, i like the wumming on other sites but its nice to get a break from it on here

'If they don't, a follow-up complaint should be posted in Support, or reported to me directly. I'm not making excuses, that's just the procedure.'

Didnt know that but I thought with you closing a thread on me asking about reporting threads might've made ye intrigued to what I was reporting - dont mean to be smart with that comment btw

'given the amount of fans that have been attacked the recently without ANY action been taken.'

This is total wum - we've our problems like anywhere, including some of the disgusting scenes by a minority in turners cross recentlyy - just look on our mb and see how many supporters from other clubs wished us well for lastnight! We've even shankill roads lads of linfield supporters arranging a bus down soon to come down to watch us soon (as well as having portadown supporters with us lastnight for the final)

'If non-Cork mods made more of an effort, we might be further along.'

Don't understand what that comments about? :confused:

dahamsta
23/04/2006, 10:08 PM
Face, I have to say I'm as confused as Cosmo here, where did this "banjo" thing come from? I'm going to need an actual explanation here, it looks like a troll and smells like a troll, which makes me think it's a troll, and you know better than most that it isn't on.

Cosmo, what thread did I close on you? I don't close threads without a good reason.

What I mean by the non-Cork mods is that very few non-Cork mods make the effort people like Face, James et al have made to further the aims of Foot.ie. Which is a pity, because the whole Cork bias thing is a myth. Sure, there's a lot of threads in the City forum, but since I booted the muppets out, there are many busier forums.

adam

Cosmo
23/04/2006, 10:20 PM
because the whole Cork bias thing is a myth.
adam

I 100% don't agree with you there - just my opinion but you'll find most people on here will probably agree with me on it

'Cosmo, what thread did I close on you? I don't close threads without a good reason.'

Ah it was just me starting a thread on support section asking how to report posts/threads which I wanted to do because of some wumming by a couple of corkies which wasn't dealt with - surprisingly :rolleyes: (but your site, etc etc- if I don't like it I can go elsewhere, which is fair game as far as I'm concerned)

CollegeTillIDie
24/04/2006, 7:00 AM
Mod edit :

Do not contribute something meaningless to this thread please.

A face
24/04/2006, 10:28 AM
Face, I have to say I'm as confused as Cosmo here, where did this "banjo" thing come from?

It came from a few people who aren't on the net, who had voiced concerns over the increase of incidents in Drogheda everytime they went there. It was their understanding that Drogs now had a firm (probably a couple of lads just out to cause trouble) i dont know where they got the name from. Hence, that is why i was asking about it. The information was second hand, it was a conversation in a pub about a car mirror that had been ripped off a car.

Cosmo is over reacting here because himself and a few more Drogs are enveloped in wumming on A DIFFERENT message board. I DO NOT part take in it there and i have not taken part in it here. Cosmo has openly admitted to wumming else where, which is fair enough BUT he seems to automatically asume that i am doing the same. No one has pointed out where i said anything derogatory other than ask the question. Am i not allowed ask a question now, for fear it'll upset Drogs fans ??

A face
24/04/2006, 10:33 AM
I will also want the same treatment here as well if suspended, Drogs fans never to mention the word George O'Callaghan ...... ever, not in reference, not in passing, not even initials ...... if they can flah the situation, then i should be able to aswell.

ndrog
24/04/2006, 12:25 PM
There is no way you can tell me that you dont know what all this Banjo crap is all about?? I also find it incredible that you honestly thought there was a hooligan firm in Drogheda called " the banjos " .Pull the other one for god sake.

A face
24/04/2006, 12:59 PM
There is no way you can tell me that you dont know what all this Banjo crap is all about?? I also find it incredible that you honestly thought there was a hooligan firm in Drogheda called " the banjos " .Pull the other one for god sake.

Am i not entitled to ask ?

ndrog ... read back there fella, did i react to your abuse on this thread ..... no ..... i just wanted to find out who they are, if you really want to know .... the mirror costs €200 .... if your 'firm' are responsible, then i dont see the problem in them having to pay costs ..... do you ??

rebs23
24/04/2006, 1:20 PM
Mod edit :

Take this argument elsewhere, keep it out of this thread.

Raheny Red
24/04/2006, 1:20 PM
If you are going by the little cúnts outside United Park (7-15 yrs old) then yes, Drogheda do have a firm! :rolleyes: :eek:

ndrog
24/04/2006, 1:37 PM
Mod edit :

Ndrog .... take it else where, you are not going to drag this thread down again. Quit it !!

A face
24/04/2006, 1:43 PM
If you are going by the little cúnts outside United Park (7-15 yrs old) then yes, Drogheda do have a firm! :rolleyes: :eek:

They are the one probably, and being honest i still haven't got an answer on this yet either. Are the club doing anything to break this lot up.

dahamsta
24/04/2006, 2:41 PM
RahenyRed, we have a censor for a reason, don't do that again.

ndrog, you've already been warned once. You won't be warned again.

Cosmo, you made an accusation and I asked Face to reply; he has, so what do you have to say to that?

Cosmo
24/04/2006, 5:38 PM
Cosmo, you made an accusation and I asked Face to reply; he has, so what do you have to say to that?

What accusation haven't I responded to?

My opinion is that he's totally wumming with this thread, the banjo comments, and the cork mods in the EL section have left 1 or 2 cork supporters attempt to blacken the name of our club on here a while back by letting them totally wum - but that was probably alright because they all know each other?- and I'll be honest I was very surprised to see it especially after a pm I got off A face a month or so ago. Honestly was very surprised as he's probably one the most level headed corkie on here

If it's the part about saying corkies going on about 6 toed in bred banjo playing sh!t, sellafiled, etc I wasn't referring to him - was referring to other corkies on their official forum

A face, for the record there is no 'firm' up in united park - when have you ever heard of anything happen in united park? NEVER BAR ONE OCCASSION - when the bohs casuals infiltrated the drogheda section - one incident a few minutes walk from the ground this season doesn't make us have a firm. The lads that whacked the cork lads weren't even at the match as confirmed by the lad that got smacked! Ring our local guarda station maybe!!

however as said above, just because you don't hear about what our club does in relation to some things, doesn't mean that they're still not having a role in making sure something like that doesn't happen again. A couple of people barred already this season, just not publicised.

Can I ask if Cork have a firm? Saw a rumour on your official site about 'casuals' at the cross - you all said it was bull, but it's easy how rumours can spread isn't it? If that rumour happened a few weeks after rovers supporters got pelted with rocks in Turners Cross, maybe it could've spread? Wouldnt have been nice seeing people blacked the name of your club would it?

For the record I know Cork don't have a 'firm' but just making the point on how things can be taken out of context and blown out of proportion.

dahamsta
24/04/2006, 6:05 PM
1) I don't know if face was seriously trolling or not, but it's obvious that it was a misguided comment whether or which, so can you accept that he's on his final warning about this kind of thing - yes, he's been ticked off by me before, believe it or not - and leave it at that?

2) If you're talking about this thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=34634) being locked, I'm pretty sure my explanation at the time was pretty adequate, however in case it wasn't: I don't see why I should have to spend five minutes hunting for a post with vaguely reported issues, when it would have taken you two seconds to copy and paste the URL. Surely you can understand that if I had to do that every time, I'd never actually get anything else done?

3) Sorry, but I'm not subscribing to the "Corkies" conspiracy theory. I've explained the process for reporting issues on Foot.ie dozens, if not hundreds of times, if people aren't clear on them at this stage, there's very little more I can do.

Cosmo
24/04/2006, 6:18 PM
2) If you're talking about this thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=34634) being locked, I'm pretty sure my explanation at the time was pretty adequate

100% adequate - never said otherwise - my problem was that nothing was done about it, when non cork supporters posts get something binned, thread locked, etc for far less

As for A face, I've no problem with him - just my opinion that he was wumming this time and was disappointed about nothing been done about the thread I reported and I stil lstand by if I had've said the same about cork, there is no doubt that it wouldve been binned or locked- usually one of the only cork supporters on here that I take his opinion seriously

dahamsta
24/04/2006, 7:14 PM
100% adequate - never said otherwise - my problem was that nothing was done about it, when non cork supporters posts get something binned, thread locked, etc for far less Fair enough. So you know the procedure now - Report This Post, report in Support with a link if that doesn't work, PM me if all else fails - so can we leave it there?

As for A face, I've no problem with him - just my opinion that he was wumming this time and was disappointed about nothing been done about the thread I reported and I stil lstand by if I had've said the same about cork, there is no doubt that it wouldve been binned or locked- usually one of the only cork supporters on here that I take his opinion seriouslyDitto above?

Cosmo
24/04/2006, 7:24 PM
Fair enough. So you know the procedure now - Report This Post, report in Support with a link if that doesn't work, PM me if all else fails - so can we leave it there?

Ditto above?

That's grand so - but I presume ye know where I'm coming from and what previous thread I have been referring to - I can't change what 1 or 2 people have got away with in the past on here, so happy enough to have the above info for future reference! Cheers :)

Btw, hopefully this doesn't sound cheeky, but any chance of changing the title of this thread ;)

dahamsta
24/04/2006, 7:59 PM
I presume ye know where I'm coming from and what previous thread I have been referring to[quote]Honestly, I haven't a clue. Seriously, last time I posted along these lines I went and looked, and at the time Foot.ie was getting 200 posts a day. It's probably more now. I just don't see them all, which is why if someone has a complaint, I need to be pointed directly at the thread AND the relevant posts if possible.

[quote]any chance of changing the title of this threadSure.

Cosmo
24/04/2006, 8:47 PM
Sure.

:D

'which is why if someone has a complaint, I need to be pointed directly at the thread AND the relevant posts if possible.'

But I actually reported 3 posts using the report button after you pointed the report button out to me? Maybe there's something up with it!

dahamsta
24/04/2006, 9:32 PM
Reports go to the relevant forum moderator if the forum has one, or to me if not. If a mod has been removed, though, the report might go astray, which is why the report should be followed up with a PM to a mod, or a post here. You can see who mods a particular forum by looking at the bottom-right of the forum, see this post (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=467543#post467543).

Cosmo
24/04/2006, 9:39 PM
Reports go to the relevant forum moderator if the forum has one, or to me if not. If a mod has been removed, though, the report might go astray, which is why the report should be followed up with a PM to a mod, or a post here. You can see who mods a particular forum by looking at the bottom-right of the forum, see the attachment.

Cheers for that but what happens if you're not happy with the action? I presume that's when we pm you!

I wonder if Colm got my reports?

I actually know of another Drog who used the report button for other posts from cork supporters a while ago who never heard a peep either!

Do you get an automatic receipt when a report is read or anything like that?

EDIT: Actually just read your post again - fair enough, pming the mod after you make a report solves that I suppose

dahamsta
24/04/2006, 9:42 PM
Mods are busy, and they're volunteers, so it's really up to the user to chase issues up if it's important. The fact that I rarely - very rarely - get reports from users suggests to me that a lot of these issues can't be all that important. A lot of the time, and I'm not talking specifically about you here, I think they're happy to be able to use it later as an excuse to fire off the old Corkie Conspiracy theory one more time. It really very, very boring at this stage.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not telling, just asking: Can you edit your sig please? It's hardly promoting the league, which is what we're trying to do around here.

Cosmo
24/04/2006, 9:44 PM
Mods are busy, and they're volunteers, so it's really up to the user to chase issues up if it's important.

Yeah, obviously!!

No worries, cheers anyway!

Colm
25/04/2006, 1:02 PM
I wonder if Colm got my reports?

I didn't get any reports for a while now.

Cosmo
26/04/2006, 4:28 PM
I didn't get any reports for a while now.

Fair enough - looks like pm's are the only way to go!

Cosmo
26/04/2006, 4:47 PM
EDIT: BTW, I'm not telling, just asking: Can you edit your sig please? It's hardly promoting the league, which is what we're trying to do around here.

Fair point, I'll do that now

dahamsta
26/04/2006, 4:50 PM
Thanks.

Dodge
26/04/2006, 5:56 PM
Jeesh, didn't even look at this thread until now...