PDA

View Full Version : Clare League 2005/06

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Prem Rep!
21/04/2006, 8:55 AM
Probably not the best time to close the thread on the biggest weekend of the season. At the end of the day it's only a bit of banter.
However, we all agree that there are a few bringing down the rest of the genuine contributors. Any thoughts on the weekend games to be posted here.

plasticpitch
21/04/2006, 1:43 PM
Probably not the best time to close the thread on the biggest weekend of the season. At the end of the day it's only a bit of banter.
However, we all agree that there are a few bringing down the rest of the genuine contributors. Any thoughts on the weekend games to be posted here.
can not but think there will be some more drama after the season we had so far.
fair play to the majority of players this year for playing sporting soccer.
hope that cratloe stay up after there displays against avenue and bridge over the last couple of weeks .
i'm sure i'm not the only one dredding a trip to scariff next season
i'd predict:
lifford nmrkt.... on the fence but hoping for home win.
bridge avenue... draw if billy maxwell is out otherwise home win
newtown b celtic ... home win maybe 3-2
rineanna m'snn .... draw
cratloe bunratty..... cratloe win:ball:

myleftfoot
21/04/2006, 2:21 PM
can not but think there will be some more drama after the season we had so far.
fair play to the majority of players this year for playing sporting soccer.
hope that cratloe stay up after there displays against avenue and bridge over the last couple of weeks .
i'm sure i'm not the only one dredding a trip to scariff next season
i'd predict:
lifford nmrkt.... on the fence but hoping for home win.
bridge avenue... draw if billy maxwell is out otherwise home win
newtown b celtic ... home win maybe 3-2
rineanna m'snn .... draw
cratloe bunratty..... cratloe win:ball:

Have to agree with all your predictions plasticpitch. However Im not so sure how many teams will really have a go on Sunday. Most games this season have been really close but for a change i think we could see several big wins.

Bunratty already relegated so Cratloe almost guaranteed a win.
Bridge Celtic nothing to play for so Newtown win.
Newmarket missing a good few for Sunday so Lifford win.
Rumours of a number of Avenue players making themselves unavailable on Sunday after bust up after Tuesday nights defeat. Bridge have character to keep going to the end so home win.
Havent seen Mountshannon play but have to have at least a chance of a win cos Rineanna realistically no chance of winning title now. (miracle of miracles aside)
Best of luck sunday.

shelbourne1904
21/04/2006, 3:49 PM
How about putting money on this:
Newtown,missing a lot of players this week(some commitment there),to beat Bridge Celtic (who have nothing at stake and having to leave home at 9 to make the 10.30 kickoff)
Newmarket with 4 suspended but trying to avoid a playoff for a relegation playoff to beat Lifford on that cabbage patch
and finally
Bridge draw with Avenue

RESULT: Newtown win the league?????????????

myleftfoot
21/04/2006, 4:43 PM
Newtown,missing a lot of players this week(some commitment there),to beat Bridge Celtic (who have nothing at stake and having to leave home at 9 to make the 10.30 kickoff)
Newmarket with 4 suspended but trying to avoid a playoff for a relegation playoff to beat Lifford on that cabbage patch
and finally
Bridge draw with Avenue

Sounds plausible except for fact that no cabbage patch available on Sunday. Game is on in Lees Road so no hiding place for thumpers.
Whats with the early kick off?? Must be to accomodate sky sports!!

shelbourne1904
21/04/2006, 5:37 PM
Sounds plausible except for fact that no cabbage patch available on Sunday. Game is on in Lees Road so no hiding place for thumpers.
Whats with the early kick off?? Must be to accomodate sky sports!!

Isnt there some rugby match or something on??Cant be half as exciting as the possibilities in our Premier League!!
You are right the Village wont be able to hide in the open spaces of lees road.Also they pulled their youths team out of the league which means they may not have them to call on!!!

myleftfoot
21/04/2006, 6:44 PM
Isnt there some rugby match or something on??Cant be half as exciting as the possibilities in our Premier League!!
You are right the Village wont be able to hide in the open spaces of lees road.Also they pulled their youths team out of the league which means they may not have them to call on!!!

From what i hear half the population of the village already out suspended or injured. Now no youths?? Any over 40's you can call on?? Must be a few ex newmarket legends in the Cusack Stand who could turn back the clock and give 30mins to save the club from possible relegation playoff.

Murphman
22/04/2006, 1:50 AM
and finally
Bridge draw with Avenue

Bridge Celtic are missing top scorer Ger O'Connell (Appendix out during the week) Luckily enough this didn't happen earlier in the season.I wouldn't agree that BC have nothing to play for (Possible 5th place finish, not bad for first season back in the prem)and I fancy this to be a scoring draw.

Speaking of Scoring, lads could ye update the scorers from your respective teams after this weekends action, I'm in California now and I'll update as soon as I get back.

Rgds.

Pretender
23/04/2006, 10:27 PM
Congrats to Bridge on the league victory...I'd hoped Lifford would do it but such is life!! If anybody isn't too hungover tomorrow any chance of some reports from the games

First
24/04/2006, 10:29 AM
From what i hear half the population of the village already out suspended or injured. Now no youths?? Any over 40's you can call on?? Must be a few ex newmarket legends in the Cusack Stand who could turn back the clock and give 30mins to save the club from possible relegation playoff.

Luckily for Lifford the old legends weren't available yesterday , only thumpers who shouldn't be able to play on the big pitch in Lees Road. Well done to the Bridge

CousinSylDolan
24/04/2006, 10:47 AM
Cratloe 3-0 Bunratty
Lifford 1-1 Newmarket
Mntshn 1-0 Rineanna
Newtown 2-3 Bridge Celtic
Bridge Utd 2-0 Avenue

Bridge Utd Prem Lg Winners....

Shn Oly 1-0 Kilkishen

Shn Oly 1st Div Winners...

CousinSylDolan
24/04/2006, 10:47 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 29/04/06
Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Liscannor: Cratloe Celtic V Moher Celtic
F.Coote 2.30

Sunday 30/04/06
F.A.I Junior Cup Clare Area Simi Final
Ballycasey: Newtown A V Avenue United A
M.O`Brien 11.00

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Avenue United B
D.McCarthy 11.00

Liscannor: Moher Celtic V Shannon Olympic A F.Coote 11.00

Monday 01/05/06
U17 Cup Final
Digifone Park: Moneypoint V Lifford
Referee: J.Stanford 3.00
Assistant Referees: D.McCarthy, F.Coote

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Liscannor: Moher Celtic V Newtown
P.Markham 2.30

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V Rock Rovers
P.Mulready 11.00

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Cooraclare: St.Pats B V Inch Crusaders
T.McInerney 2.30

Tuesday 02/05/06
Clare Cup 1/4 Final
Fairgreen: Avenue United B V Kilrush Rangers
A.Murphy 6.30

Wednesday 03/05/06
Clare Cup ¼ Final
Lees Road Pitch 2: Avenue United A V Shannon Olympic A P.Cullen 6.30

Tiermaclane: Kilmaley United V Corofin Harps
T.McInerney 6.45

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Cooraclare: St.Pats B V Newtown B F.Coote 7.00

plasticpitch
24/04/2006, 11:05 AM
Congrats to Bridge on the league victory...I'd hoped Lifford would do it but such is life!! If anybody isn't too hungover tomorrow any chance of some reports from the games
Congrats to Bridge United.:ball:
I'm sure ye all had agreat day yesterday.
Also fair play to newmarket whose heart once again saw them through.
Lifford scored first and then scored an og to level it. Couldn't get the ball in the net.
Team very disappointed. 2nd again this year. Tiocfaidh ar la!!!

Spudd
24/04/2006, 11:25 AM
So that's bunratty and cratloe relegated then? with mountshannon in the playoff
with....?

shelbourne1904
24/04/2006, 12:51 PM
Congratulations to Bridge United and Shannon Olympic.
Both well earned.
Jim Rocks has retired as manager of Newtown.Mick McCarthy has applied.

shelbourne1904
24/04/2006, 12:56 PM
Newtown did their usual "play every second week" yesterday and just didnt seem up for ir.Celtic despite missing Ger O Connell look much more hungry.The usual inept Newtown defending made it easy for them.Ryan Kelly and Damien Alford scored for Newtown

Interested
25/04/2006, 11:00 PM
So that's bunratty and cratloe relegated then? with mountshannon in the playoff
with....?
It looks like its between Corofin and Moher for the 2nd automatic promotion place. Moher are in the driving seat but on current form Corofin could sneak in to snatch 2nd place leaving Mountshannon a tough fixture against either of the two North Clare teams.

BallBreaker
25/04/2006, 11:20 PM
Congrats to Bridge United.:ball:
I'm sure ye all had agreat day yesterday.
Also fair play to newmarket whose heart once again saw them through.
Lifford scored first and then scored an og to level it. Couldn't get the ball in the net.
Team very disappointed. 2nd again this year. Tiocfaidh ar la!!!

Yeah congrats to the Bridge and well done the Village,Avenue must be very dissapointed they lost theit last 3 if not 4 league games,no doubt they will be back, Newtown also had the winning of the league,i agree with Shelbourne they were not consistant enough although an horrendous injury list didn't help,As for Lifford they have finished 2nd for the last 2 years,can't see them winning it next year either,Rinneanna i would think would be happy where they finished,i think it will get harder for the village if there main players decide to go back into town.
Well done to Olympic on them getting back to the premier:ball: :ball:

manalishi
26/04/2006, 1:38 PM
so does anyone know who got premier league top goal scorer

Murphman
26/04/2006, 6:23 PM

Lads, I'm back this weekend so I'll try and have scorers updated by next week... Can ye post all scorers from last weekends games here or on clareleague.com..
Check your team scorer lists next week and we'll try and have all goals accounted for.

Lifford 1 Bridge Celtic 1 Scorer for BC: Ciaran Aherne.
Newtown: 2 Bridge Celtic 3 Scorers for BC: Ciaran Aherne 3.

BallBreaker
26/04/2006, 11:08 PM
Declan (Cheeky) Mcdonald must have been up there,he had 9 i think:ball: :ball:

BallBreaker
26/04/2006, 11:57 PM
:mad: Just when you think things can't get worse in the Clare league.......
Newtown and Avenue went tonight to Digiphone to play the Munster Area Cup Final,Kick off was for 6.30 even though John O Malley asked Newtown would they agree to a 7 o clock start,Newtown agreed but the league said no it had to go ahead at 6.30,Both teams were there at 6.00,here's what happened next NO keys for dressingrooms,Pitch not lined,Lump of concrete at the post of the left goalpost. Referree and 2 linesmen were there.Groundsman shows up at 6.30 opens dressingrooms,is asked about lining the pitch,i was told his comment was i am the groundsman i don't line the pitch,ref has had enough CALLS GAME OFF,what a joke,is it any wonder that any aspiring player heads off into Limerick,I believe Avenue had a player who drove all the way from Cork to play.:mad: :mad:

First
27/04/2006, 9:12 AM
After a very successful end to the season, the Clare League have just reverted to their old ways. What I am posting here is from a Newtown player who, were to play Avenue last night in Digifone , both teams and officials show up for a 6.30 kick off only to discover that the gates were locked. Once access was gained they discover that pitch was not lined and goalposts held up by 2 lumps of concrete. This is an area final that was supposed to be played last night and no representative from the Clare league in attendance. Was the lure of Barcelona and Milan too much. What a f**k up. Also anyone from other leagues who read the Clare league threads must really thin we are a joke in this county. Has anyone from the league got an explaination for this non-event.:mad:

townie
27/04/2006, 5:34 PM
what has michael lydon or his puppet jim madden to say on this i wonder? absolute joke! its disgraceful!

myleftfoot
27/04/2006, 8:11 PM
My sympathies to both teams you appear to have been very badly treated. Not good enough from Clare League. Even teams struggling in lower divisions get fined by these muppets for silly things.
What is point in having a county grounds in Doora if it is not looked after. At least your clubs Newtown and Avenue lucky enough to play there occasionally. Majority of players whose registration fees go to pay for this place come from clubs who never get to use it. Clare League would be better off leasing it or selling it to a club or clubs. At least it wouldnt be costing smaller clubs money for nothing.

Clifford
28/04/2006, 11:04 AM
i've been keeping my distance from the site for the last few weeks in case people taught i was winding people up (like boss etc) or sour grapes, but i cant take this **** no more. i'm going to explode. where do i start. A team asked to play thurs sun tues in run off for league. ( which had a bearing on there worst display against lifford ever). (well done to bridge by the way the table never lies). also what ever happened to naboe saga, the lifford player plays u21 in limerick sat and for lifford sun. fairview docked originally 9 pts for same incident. but the clare league are waiting for fai (for 5 months) massive outcome not just for teams at the top but also teams on the bottom. they sit on the fence havent the balls to make a decision and pass buck same ol samo.
the clare league also know that avenue have 9 players away midweek so what they do is put cup 1/4's down for midweek and play fai area semi on sunday. then there's the fiasco on wed at digi. even if we wanted to line the pitch we couldn't as there was no cannisters left to do it. aggghh but it was lined on saturday no dont think so lydon was told that it was poor and nothing left etc. we had a guy travel from kinsale. we also had to drive in to limerick and collect 3 players and then drop them back into limerick. oh it gets better. kilrush rangers object to playing avenue b on tuesday as there missing players r something along those lines so lydon moves the 1/4 to friday night without as much as a phone call to avenue (lydon has been quoted as saying it suits kilrush) and then expects the winners to turn around and play the semi sunday. now thats ok for kilrush but what if we win. jesus we can hardly play tuesday sunday. they also couldn't get a ref for b game against kilkishen so they stick in kasule (joke new ref joke and clare league know his a joke) but the game must go ahead, the clare league dont give a ****. he disallowed a good goal 5 min from end costing us the game and keeping connoly up (in fairness we deserved to go down because we have been so inconsistant but any team would hate to go down because of that)
all the rush to get games played, the final is supposed to be on friday 19th may (need 2 week gap for pictures for paper).
bottom line is clare league is a joke. its run by people who have best interests of certain clubs first and then clare league. one set of rules for one etc. thats why when clubs take one step forward clare league takes 2 r 3 back. why bloody bother better off getting involved with council or politics at least you get a brown envolope there

papa-j
28/04/2006, 12:03 PM
In addition to whats been said already players have changed shifts, started work early to get off early, changed routines at home and generally made a big effort to be available to play this match. Thats not to mention managers, supporters & the refs. Whoever is responsible for this should issue a written apology to the clubs, players & officials involved. Its an absolute disgrace & completely devalues the whole competition.:mad:

CousinSylDolan
28/04/2006, 2:03 PM
This time 2 years ago we qualified to play Avenue in the Munster area final.
The game was never played!!!!!:mad:

Thats how much these finals are valued

First
28/04/2006, 2:33 PM
Is it any wonder that players from Clare go to Limerick to play their football.
It is embarressing that the people who run the show don't give a f**k and are let to continue year after year. Clubs in Clare are making great strides to improve the profile of the Clare League and the improvements are there for all to see. Will there be an apology and an explaination from the Clare league.
Hopefully the Clare People will highlight the debacle from Wed.

myleftfoot
28/04/2006, 7:49 PM
I thought the idea of rushing the league to finish last weekend was to finish the cup. How come cup quarters are on midweek and final for a Friday?? Totally devalues cup competition. I always remember it being on Sunday.
Is this to cater for teams with GAA players who cant play sundays . Am I right in thinking Olympic are the only team left in cup who dont have key players involved in GAA from now on.
If Im right then its nothing new. A few years ago Mountshannon threatened to give a walkover in cup final vs Bunratty because game clashed with a hurling fixture and the league gave in.
If teams are not prepared to play Cup on Sundays then they shouldnt enter.

Interested
28/04/2006, 9:48 PM
i've been keeping my distance from the site for the last few weeks in case people taught i was winding people up (like boss etc) or sour grapes, but i cant take this **** no more. i'm going to explode. where do i start. A team asked to play thurs sun tues in run off for league. ( which had a bearing on there worst display against lifford ever). (well done to bridge by the way the table never lies). also what ever happened to naboe saga, the lifford player plays u21 in limerick sat and for lifford sun. fairview docked originally 9 pts for same incident. but the clare league are waiting for fai (for 5 months) massive outcome not just for teams at the top but also teams on the bottom. they sit on the fence havent the balls to make a decision and pass buck same ol samo.
the clare league also know that avenue have 9 players away midweek so what they do is put cup 1/4's down for midweek and play fai area semi on sunday. then there's the fiasco on wed at digi. even if we wanted to line the pitch we couldn't as there was no cannisters left to do it. aggghh but it was lined on saturday no dont think so lydon was told that it was poor and nothing left etc. we had a guy travel from kinsale. we also had to drive in to limerick and collect 3 players and then drop them back into limerick. oh it gets better. kilrush rangers object to playing avenue b on tuesday as there missing players r something along those lines so lydon moves the 1/4 to friday night without as much as a phone call to avenue (lydon has been quoted as saying it suits kilrush) and then expects the winners to turn around and play the semi sunday. now thats ok for kilrush but what if we win. jesus we can hardly play tuesday sunday. they also couldn't get a ref for b game against kilkishen so they stick in kasule (joke new ref joke and clare league know his a joke) but the game must go ahead, the clare league dont give a ****. he disallowed a good goal 5 min from end costing us the game and keeping connoly up (in fairness we deserved to go down because we have been so inconsistant but any team would hate to go down because of that)
all the rush to get games played, the final is supposed to be on friday 19th may (need 2 week gap for pictures for paper).
bottom line is clare league is a joke. its run by people who have best interests of certain clubs first and then clare league. one set of rules for one etc. thats why when clubs take one step forward clare league takes 2 r 3 back. why bloody bother better off getting involved with council or politics at least you get a brown envolope there
If I am not mistaken, if a referee is appointed to a fixture and is unable to attend then the onus is on the referee to find a replacement, not the league.
As you quite rightly point out kasule is a new referee and up until that game had only done schoolboy games. Good, bad or indifferant the point that I want to make is how do we expect referees to better themselves by gaining the necessary experiance if when they make a mistake (which they most surely will) we get people coming on the threads calling them a joke instead of trying to encourage new referees. There is a noticed decline in the amount of good referees, who lets face it put up with so much crap not only from players but also supporters that it is hard to see any new whistle blowers coming forward from former players who could put something back into the game when they hang up their boots. WOULD YOU CLIFFORD?. I would'nt
Because until we put ourselves forward to be in their boots, and face the abuse in every game then its quite easy to blame the referees for our own inadequecies on the field.

CousinSylDolan
02/05/2006, 10:24 AM
Saturday 06/05/06
F.A.I. U17 Cup Final
Jackman Park Limerick: Wembley Rovers (Limerick) V Crumlin United ( Dublin)
Referee: J.Deniffee 6.00
Assistant Referees: P.Markham, D.McCarthy
Fourth Official: J.McNamara

Clare Youths Cup Simi Finals
Lees Road Pitch 4: Moher Celtic V Newtown
Referee: J.Stanford 2.00
Assistant Referees: F.Coote, A.Murphy

Shannon Olympic: Newmarket Celtic V Bridge United Referee: A.Murphy 11.00
Assistant Referees: F.Coote, J.Stanford

Sunday 07/05/06
Clare Cup Simi Finals
Ballycasey: Corofin Harps V Bridge Celtic
Referee: M.O`Brien 11.00
Assistant Referees: D.McCarthy , J.Stanford

Digifone Park: Avenue United A or Shannon Olympic A V Avenue United B or Kilrush Rangers
Referee: P.Markham 2.30
Assistant Referees: A.Murphy, P.Mulready

Wednesday 10/05/06
Munster Junior Cup Clare Area Final
Digifone Park: Avenue United A V Newtown A
Referee: P.Cullen 6.45
Assistant Referees: M.O`Brien, P.Markham

F.A.I. Junior Cup Clare Area Simi-Final
O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Cratloe Celtic
P.Mulready 6.45

Friday 12/05/06
Provisional Fixture: Premier Division Promotion Play-Off

Lees Road pitch 4: Corofin harps V Moher Celtic
Referee: T.McInerney 6.45
Assistant referees: J.Stanford, F.Coote

Clifford
02/05/2006, 10:33 AM
i already put a lot back into the game (the other half thinks i put too much). bottom line is set of standars, not just ref's etc right across the board. from a to z. clare soccer is going nowhere only backwards till this is addressed. same set of rules for everyone and should be applied to everyone. run it a lot more professionally. like one club getting fined for one thing yet because jimmy knows joe we'l give them a caution. 1 club ringing up for something and given it and another club not. no club should be an exception. i bet most if not every club has a grievence at some stage.

old boy
03/05/2006, 8:52 AM
Saturday 06/05/06
F.A.I. U17 Cup Final
Jackman Park Limerick: Wembley Rovers (Limerick) V Crumlin United ( Dublin)
Referee: J.Deniffee 6.00
Assistant Referees: P.Markham, D.McCarthy
Fourth Official: J.McNamara

Clare Youths Cup Simi Finals
Lees Road Pitch 4: Moher Celtic V Newtown
Referee: J.Stanford 2.00
Assistant Referees: F.Coote, A.Murphy

Shannon Olympic: Newmarket Celtic V Bridge United Referee: A.Murphy 11.00
Assistant Referees: F.Coote, J.Stanford

Sunday 07/05/06
Clare Cup Simi Finals
Ballycasey: Corofin Harps V Bridge Celtic
Referee: M.O`Brien 11.00
Assistant Referees: D.McCarthy , J.Stanford

Digifone Park: Avenue United A or Shannon Olympic A V Avenue United B or Kilrush Rangers
Referee: P.Markham 2.30
Assistant Referees: A.Murphy, P.Mulready

Wednesday 10/05/06
Munster Junior Cup Clare Area Final
Digifone Park: Avenue United A V Newtown A
Referee: P.Cullen 6.45
Assistant Referees: M.O`Brien, P.Markham

F.A.I. Junior Cup Clare Area Simi-Final
O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Cratloe Celtic
P.Mulready 6.45

Friday 12/05/06
Provisional Fixture: Premier Division Promotion Play-Off

Lees Road pitch 4: Corofin harps V Moher Celtic
Referee: T.McInerney 6.45
Assistant referees: J.Stanford, F.Coote

any results from last week fixtures

CousinSylDolan
03/05/2006, 9:10 AM
any results from last week fixtures

Results seemed to have dried up for some reason...

All I got was Newtown 0-2 Avenue, Moher 4-4 Shn Oly.

flammen
03/05/2006, 9:36 AM
result 30 apr
newtown 0-2 avenue
david ghilardi x2

manalishi
03/05/2006, 5:35 PM
Davey Wall has been picked in the Ireland Amateur panel again and this time as a Clare player

myleftfoot
04/05/2006, 8:23 AM
Congrats to davy wall and to Newtown. When is the next international?
Anyone have result of cup quarter final Avenue Olympic?

flammen
04/05/2006, 8:36 AM
avenue 6-0 olympic. wasnt at the game just got the result

old boy
04/05/2006, 8:46 AM

clifford can understand your frustration but unfortunatly clare league has been like this for years...
nobody involved with a club should get a position of power on league,,, how many times over the years has lydon / healy don their teams favours.. calling of matches ... or even at end of seasons making other teams play 2-3 times a week to see if results will go their way before playing their teams last match... it always has been who you know on league committe to see if any favours could be obtained ... even this year newmarket celtic nearly got caught out with all players suspended for last vital match of season ( if only suspenions had been done earlier ) !!! nearly a very costly favour...

maybe it is time for all clubs to attend agm andd have our say on current joke that is the clare league

hopefully one day we will get a professionally run clare league committe

First
04/05/2006, 2:11 PM
Davey Wall has been picked in the Ireland Amateur panel again and this time as a Clare player

Congratulations Davy, hopefully you will still be a Clare League player next season , I am sure there are a few clubs that would have you. How about yourself and Mike O'Malley joining forces again. ;)

Interested
04/05/2006, 3:52 PM
clifford can understand your frustration but unfortunatly clare league has been like this for years...
nobody involved with a club should get a position of power on league,,, how many times over the years has lydon / healy don their teams favours.. calling of matches ... or even at end of seasons making other teams play 2-3 times a week to see if results will go their way before playing their teams last match... it always has been who you know on league committe to see if any favours could be obtained ... even this year newmarket celtic nearly got caught out with all players suspended for last vital match of season ( if only suspenions had been done earlier ) !!! nearly a very costly favour...

maybe it is time for all clubs to attend agm andd have our say on current joke that is the clare league

hopefully one day we will get a professionally run clare league committe
Have to agree totally with you old boy. The Clare League Committee is like the magic roundabout, lets face it, who in their right mind would want M. Lydon's job. People ringing you at every hour of the day looking for one thing or another (favours).
Any Club that puts forward one of its own members for a position on the Committee will first and foremost have the interests of their own club over others, thats the way it has always been and unless there are drastic changes, that will be the way it continues. Finding somebody with no allegance to any club would be a bit of a non starter I think.

First
04/05/2006, 4:06 PM
Have to agree totally with you old boy. The Clare League Committee is like the magic roundabout, lets face it, who in their right mind would want M. Lydon's job. People ringing you at every hour of the day looking for one thing or another (favours).
Any Club that puts forward one of its own members for a position on the Committee will first and foremost have the interests of their own club over others, thats the way it has always been and unless there are drastic changes, that will be the way it continues. Finding somebody with no allegance to any club would be a bit of a non starter I think.

Is it not suppose to be the case that a commitee has a set of rules to work to.

Interested
04/05/2006, 8:56 PM
Is it not suppose to be the case that a commitee has a set of rules to work to.
Agreed. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the Committee can bend the rules a little if the majority of the committee agree, (which happens more than occasionally with the Clare League). Just out of curiosity does anybody know how many clubs are represented on the committee?
Connolly, Kilmaley, Newmarket, Kilkishen are 4 that I know of, What about the rest? Does Jim Madden have an allegance to any Club?
Anyway lads the AGM is coming up shortly, a great chance to try and sort out the injusticies of the Season (once again), as its the same every year but no one goes forward to join the committee and the process continues.

Murphman
05/05/2006, 7:51 AM
HI Lads, Just found out that we've to play Cratloe in the Clare Area Fai Semi Final this wednsday night... I thought if you were knocked out of the FAI that you're out and thats it??? My team Bridge Celtic got the furthest in this years competition and it dosen't make sense for us to play Cratloe in a Semi when we have already knocked them out of the competition... Fair enough Avenue Crat etc got to the same stage shouldn't it just be a 3 way playoff to see who would play us in the final??? Once again the Clare league make up their own rules...

guvnor
05/05/2006, 10:58 AM
Congratulations Davy, hopefully you will still be a Clare League player next season , I am sure there are a few clubs that would have you. How about yourself and Mike O'Malley joining forces again. ;)

Yeah wouldnt mind seeing Davy linking up with Mallo in Newmarket next season!!!:D

myleftfoot
05/05/2006, 10:58 AM
HI Lads, Just found out that we've to play Cratloe in the Clare Area Fai Semi Final this wednsday night... I thought if you were knocked out of the FAI that you're out and thats it??? My team Bridge Celtic got the furthest in this years competition and it dosen't make sense for us to play Cratloe in a Semi when we have already knocked them out of the competition... Fair enough Avenue Crat etc got to the same stage shouldn't it just be a 3 way playoff to see who would play us in the final??? Once again the Clare league make up their own rules...

welcome back murphman. Sounds like ye are getting screwed but I wouldnt get too excited about it. They probably wont even play the area final - see previous posts from Avenue and Newtown etc regarding Munster Area final.

Pauliwallnuts
05/05/2006, 2:10 PM
Guys,

Anyone got any of the results from all 3 divisions 1st to 3rd of last weekends games. All updates on A2Z seem to have stopped since the premier finished. Also loads of results missing from the 3 divisions.

Surely Mike Lydon has these results. I know Prem Rep updates these results on A2Z but I remember a post a week or 2 ago where he was struggling to get the results.

Everyone wants to see how things end up at season end otherwise whats the point in doing it in the 1st place ??

shelbourne1904
05/05/2006, 2:54 PM
Inch v Newmarket b 1-1
Newmarket B v Rhine 1-1
St Pats B 1 Inch 2
St Pats B V Newtown b 0-0 .This game will not actually take place and has been agreed as shared points with the league as there is nothing at stake.

shelbourne1904
08/05/2006, 12:05 PM
Money point V Newtown FC under 16 League
4 - 5

This was a great advertisement for schoolboy football in Clare but not one for the defensive coaches.Newtown started best and after 4 minutes and were one up when Adrian Carew slotted home past Padraig Looney after great cross from flying right winger Jamie Egan.Within 2 minutes the home side had drawn level after Jamie Gilligan outsmarted the visitors defence and unhinged their offside trap to race into a great scoring position from the halfway line to gave James Toone no chance in the Shannon goal.He did it again 2 minutes later as it appeared that Sean Condon and Daniel Gallery had no answer to his pace and skill as once again he beat the offside trap and rounded Toone to make it 3-1.Five minutes later he had a hattrick as this time Toone raced out to the edge of the box but completely missed his clearance and Gilligan had a simple task to tap home.Newtown replied with a great shot from Man of the Match Gary Whelan but his rasping shot from 12 yards struck the crossbar and bounced out to safety.Eric Bradley made it 4-1 on 40 minutes when he shot home after another muddle in the Newtown defence.Throughout this half the visitors had created many chances but a combination of some excellent goalkeeping by Looney and bad finishing by their front men left Newtown with what looked like a hopeless task ,however the twist in the tale began when Rory O Connell cut inside from the left wing and rifled home a great goal from 13 yards giving the diving Looney no chance just before referee Frankie Coote blew for halftime.

The age old adage of a game of two halves was never better displayed as right from the kick off the visitors,attired in their away strip of all white threw caution to the wind and did their damdest to impersonate the hue and flare of the Galacticos.
Egan who had given his opposing full back a torrid time throughout crossed once more and Carew arrived in perffect time to shoot past Looney from 6 yards on 50 minutes.10 minutes later great work by O'Connell on the other wing resulted in a penalty decision by Ref Coote and Kieran Hacket,who had been unusually quiet throughout,cooly slotted home to make it
level scoring.The homeside who had been dominant throughout the first half had lost all composure as Shane Byrne and Sean Condon had now got to grips with Gilligan who still managed to get a shot in on 65 minutes but this was well saved by substitute keeper Michael Fitzpatrick.Adrian Carew was denied his hatrick when he missed an opener with 10 minutes left from 10 yards after being put though by Steven McInerney.Despite the Newtown onslaught the home side still created one or two chances but with 5 minutes left on the clock a great ball from the now outstanding Gallery to substitute right winger Dom Hayes allowed him to pinpoint a cross to the inrushing Carew who made no mistake to finish with aplomb for his hatrick and the winning strike in a heart stopping match in which both sides never failed to entertain.Newtown had great performances from Aaron Leahy and man of the Match Gary Whelan while Moneypoint were well served keeper by Padraic Looney and the talented Gilligan.