PDA

View Full Version : Clare League 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

shelbourne1904
03/08/2006, 10:47 AM
That would be a good idea....
I'd say most if not all teams have players playing GAA.

Lads where have you been!!!!!.Last year the league specifically started first and early on the basis that the league was not there to help GAA heads keep fit.In the past various efforts were made not to clash with the GAA but this was not recipricated by them so the view was taken to ignore them and start on time with the league on the basis that otherwise it was not fair on clubs who purposely did not sign GAA heads.

smellyfeet
03/08/2006, 1:44 PM
;)
Lads where have you been!!!!!.Last year the league specifically started first and early on the basis that the league was not there to help GAA heads keep fit.In the past various efforts were made not to clash with the GAA but this was not recipricated by them so the view was taken to ignore them and start on time with the league on the basis that otherwise it was not fair on clubs who purposely did not sign GAA heads.

Ah Shels,
I knew that you'd be the first to reply to that.
my post was only being sarcastic.

Prem Rep!
04/08/2006, 7:33 AM
The Bridge are playing carew park (limerick) in the boro club thursday ev kick off 7.30 i think, should be a good game, is this the bridge first game??

Carew won 3-2. Good second half by all accounts but I was not there so can't give an accurate account. We were missing 5-6 first teamers but I'm sure Carew were in the same boat.

l.f.c......
04/08/2006, 8:57 AM
Carew won 3-2. Good second half by all accounts but I was not there so can't give an accurate account. We were missing 5-6 first teamers but I'm sure Carew were in the same boat.

i was there carew were missing 6 first team players. carew were 3 up and eased off carew bought on alot of kids second half. still a good work out for both teams all about getting the fittness back.

leather
04/08/2006, 9:18 AM
Saw Gordon And Albert Were Missing Who Else Missing?

bigguy
04/08/2006, 2:35 PM
i was there carew were missing 6 first team players. carew were 3 up and eased off carew bought on alot of kids second half. still a good work out for both teams all about getting the fittness back.
who were the six missing i no im issed albert and gorden but 4 othere???
And they were no kids playing as i could see

CmonTheRovers
15/08/2006, 9:52 AM
Any of the Newmarket crew out there know the details of this years Holly tournament? Heard @ wknd it cud be starting this week. Usual teams and format i presume.....

CousinSylDolan
15/08/2006, 10:23 AM
Any of the Newmarket crew out there know the details of this years Holly tournament? Heard @ wknd it cud be starting this week. Usual teams and format i presume.....

Bunratty play Newmarket A at 7.30 this Thursday in Rineanna.

I expect that Rineanna play Newmarket B in the other semi. Final usually played then on Saturday.

CousinSylDolan
15/08/2006, 2:35 PM
Confirmed by Cl fixture's secretary...

Premier Lg starts Sunday week the 27th of August.
On the same day the Lg Cup for 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions will begin.

Youths lg will start the following week on the 2nd of Sept and its hoped
the U17 and youths leagues will operate on alternate weekends.

shelbourne1904
15/08/2006, 3:09 PM
Confirmed by Cl fixture's secretary...

Premier Lg starts Sunday week the 27th of August.
On the same day the Lg Cup for 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions will begin.

Youths lg will start the following week on the 2nd of Sept and its hoped
the U17 and youths leagues will operate on alternate weekends.

Any schedule of fixtures for the season being issued this year??Or any fixtures for the first weekend???

CousinSylDolan
16/08/2006, 7:48 AM
Any schedule of fixtures for the season being issued this year??Or any fixtures for the first weekend???

I hope to have the fixtures each Monday for the following weekend which I will post on here... (next Tues for the opening weekend though)

I doubt we will get the schedule of fixtures you mentioned as FAI and Munster winners/losers determines fixtures week to week.

CmonTheRovers
16/08/2006, 8:58 AM
I hope to have the fixtures each Monday for the following weekend which I will post on here... (next Tues for the opening weekend though)

I doubt we will get the schedule of fixtures you mentioned as FAI and Munster winners/losers determines fixtures week to week.

I suppose there will be a few weeks of evening matches at the start, or have you heard?

CousinSylDolan
16/08/2006, 9:12 AM
I suppose there will be a few weeks of evening matches at the start, or have you heard?

No idea...

Also Newmarket vs Bunratty in the JP O'Holloran memorial is on Friday now instead of Thursday...

CmonTheRovers
16/08/2006, 9:36 AM
No idea...

Also Newmarket vs Bunratty in the JP O'Holloran memorial is on Friday now instead of Thursday...

Interesting, will that affect the original final date (sat) or not? We are playing the village Bs this evening in other semi.

CousinSylDolan
16/08/2006, 10:49 AM
Interesting, will that affect the original final date (sat) or not? We are playing the village Bs this evening in other semi.

Think its still down for Sat although maybe someone form the Village will know more.

townie
16/08/2006, 12:54 PM
avenue beaten by corbally last night 5-3 went 2-0 up, fitness came into play and we tired towards the end! tom carmody played very well before pickin up a knock! overall bar fitness levels we looked fairly good with number of decent performances! so lookin much more positive for start of season!

Pretender
16/08/2006, 3:27 PM
Bar Newtown making more signings than Mourinho have any of the other clubs made any definite signings? Should be more clear now that the season is only 2 weeks away

BallBreaker
16/08/2006, 10:09 PM
Bar Newtown making more signings than Mourinho have any of the other clubs made any definite signings? Should be more clear now that the season is only 2 weeks away

Thats rich comming from you, Newtown have a new management team in place who have gone out and signed players who want to play football,they are training hard and doing everything right,they have won the wesley webb already,please do not put Newtown in the same bracket as chelsea as we don't pay anyone and if i am not mistaken you are from Lifford who have tried to rob any decent player who is under 21 on the pretence they are doing it for Clare soccer.mark my words it will destroy Clare soccer.:p :p

Pretender
17/08/2006, 7:47 AM
Take it easy... was just having a laugh... nobody could buy junior league, just saying ye are the only team who seem to have made any signings. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Lifford haven't robbed anybody. The 21s team members who are actually under 21 are all from Clare and most have been with Liffiord for years or in the past. There were players (actually U-21 year olds) signed from one town team (who I don't think are being represented in youths... the lads age groups) and a few players came back to Clare ftbal form Galway teams and UL/AA. Why will it ruin Clare soccer?

Planners
17/08/2006, 8:43 AM
Newtown's new signings are too young - there going to have serious problems getting them out of the bed on a Sunday morning in the muck and the rain - good day players .
I also think Newmarket Celtic will struggle in this years league - serious problems in the camp according to rumours .
Rineanna will be the one to watch although you have the Bridge and Ave to consider .
Lifford don't have the bottle to see it through as seen last season on the final day - no killer instinct

old git
17/08/2006, 9:40 AM
Newtown's new signings are too young - there going to have serious problems getting them out of the bed on a Sunday morning in the muck and the rain - good day players .
I also think Newmarket Celtic will struggle in this years league - serious problems in the camp according to rumours .
Rineanna will be the one to watch although you have the Bridge and Ave to consider .
Lifford don't have the bottle to see it through as seen last season on the final day - no killer instinct

a lot of teams have the same problems ... trying to get players out of bed and a few definatly don't like the rain & muck

but it helps if you get a few wins and are playing well... looks like it could be a very intresting season :p :p

papa-j
17/08/2006, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=Planners;517194]Newtown's new signings are too young - there going to have serious problems getting them out of the bed on a Sunday morning in the muck and the rain

Surely its the old boys that deserve a lie in on a Sunday morning, those young fellas should be well able for it:eek: :D

old git
17/08/2006, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Planners;517194]Newtown's new signings are too young - there going to have serious problems getting them out of the bed on a Sunday morning in the muck and the rain

Surely its the old boys that deserve a lie in on a Sunday morning, those young fellas should be well able for it:eek: :D

i think the old boys are delighted to get out to get a break from the wife ....

:eek:

Planners
17/08/2006, 11:13 AM
What about the new boys on the block - Moher and Shannon Olympic - out of their dept? - where are Moher playing this year ?

old git
17/08/2006, 11:57 AM
What about the new boys on the block - Moher and Shannon Olympic - out of their dept? - where are Moher playing this year ?

both capable of beating anybody on a good day...and all depends were moher are playing (weather wise)

at best to finish in lower half of table or at worst relegation .:p :p

Pretender
17/08/2006, 11:57 AM
Has a promoted team ever won the league in their first season???

reds exile
17/08/2006, 1:33 PM

as regards newtown think they have a management team in place to get the best out of each player, all clubs have the muck and rain problem as for Newmarket are those rumours coming from the team amd IMO the winner of this year league will the one the best results from game in moher tough place to get points from

reds exile
17/08/2006, 1:34 PM
Has a promoted team ever won the league in their first season???

Think Bunratty did it, am I right cousinsly

CousinSylDolan
17/08/2006, 2:48 PM
Think Bunratty did it, am I right cousin

We won the 4th (as it was) and the 1st at the first time of asking. We won the premier in our second year in it...finiahed 3rd I think our 1st year in it.

I'm not aware of any team that won the premier in their 1st year in it.

Planners
17/08/2006, 4:16 PM
Cousinsyl - If I recall that 1st division would I be right in saying that you got 5 walkovers in the last 7 games - thats not winning a league - cheats

reds exile
17/08/2006, 7:11 PM
Cousinsyl - If I recall that 1st division would I be right in saying that you got 5 walkovers in the last 7 games - thats not winning a league - cheats

sorry no offense but how could you call them them cheats when they received the walkover its up to all league teams to fulfill their fixture and if memory serves me right they were well ahead of the rest at that stage

shelbourne1904
17/08/2006, 8:40 PM
Newtown beat Corbally tonight 4-2.Scorers were Ray Quigley, Ryan Kelly,Declan Mcdonald and Davy Wall.Good match Corbally scored first but Newtown recovered well and finished too strong for the newly promoted Limerick Premier side.

CousinSylDolan
18/08/2006, 7:45 AM

No you would be wrong.....

Recieved 1 walkover from Turnpike in the second last game. We would have been at home in it and would have won it anyway the form we were in.

Well done to Newtown again last night...100% winning start for the new managers is it????
Any idea who ye play Sunday week on the opening lg day? Would be a cracker if it were Olympic. Great to get those 2 back together for the derby games.

old git
18/08/2006, 8:39 AM

thats a bit rough calling bunratty cheats... any team can only turn up for a fixture it is not there fault if they get walkovers surely the cheats here are the teams who gave walkovers...:p :p

old git
18/08/2006, 2:10 PM
Newtown beat Corbally tonight 4-2.Scorers were Ray Quigley, Ryan Kelly,Declan Mcdonald and Davy Wall.Good match Corbally scored first but Newtown recovered well and finished too strong for the newly promoted Limerick Premier side.

heard newtown were very impresive after a shaky start..

looking good for new season if they can continue in this form :confused: :confused:

avenueC
18/08/2006, 3:08 PM
shouldnt read too much into friendly pre season games, lots of experiments, new guys new systems etc etc. no real championship commitment / attitude. suppose psychologically(??) a win is always good but the performance wold be more important...
as for young lads gettin out of bed on a wet sunday morn a lot of em dont have to attitude to be able to stay in on a sat nite an be fresh for a sun morn game..most of the older lads are well able to....

papa-j
18/08/2006, 3:47 PM
heard newtown were very impresive after a shaky start..

looking good for new season if they can continue in this form :confused: :confused:

Its good to get results in pre-season but it wont mean a thing once the season kicks off. All we are doing is trying formations, building fitness and getting to know our options for the real games ahead. That said its better to do that by winning games and building up team spirit. The trophies are handed out next april/may and thats a long way off yet. Good luck to everyone for the new season I'm sure there will be plenty of "debate" on here for the next 10 months.:)

bigguy
20/08/2006, 3:30 PM
Lads are the fixtures out for the start of the season,its next week it starts isnt it????

reds exile
21/08/2006, 3:03 AM
anyone got a report on the john paul o halloran tournament over the weekend

avenueC
21/08/2006, 4:39 AM
if thatsthe newmarket tournament then rineanna beat newmarket B in semi and then newmarket A on pen's in the final .. all the old fella's in rineanna winnin start for em,, surely they wont have the legs to last the pace in big games??

Planners
21/08/2006, 11:03 AM
Good win by all a/c for Rineanna - alot of young signings - should be an interesting league -
Newmarket look very weak
Had they a full side ??

manalishi
21/08/2006, 12:31 PM
Well done to Newtown again last night...100% winning start for the new managers is it????

Not 100%.Lost the first match to Carew Park 0-4.Drew with St Michaels Tip after being 3 up but won the rest .

Goals4fun
21/08/2006, 1:34 PM

Not 100%.Lost the first match to Carew Park 0-4.Drew with St Michaels Tip after being 3 up but won the rest .

did ye not draw with Bunratty in the wesley webb ???

smellyfeet
21/08/2006, 3:13 PM
did ye not draw with Bunratty in the wesley webb ???

0-0 after an hour...Newtown won on peno's.

smellyfeet
21/08/2006, 3:24 PM
[QUOTE=Planners;517194]Newtown's new signings are too young - there going to have serious problems getting them out of the bed on a Sunday morning in the muck and the rain - good day players .

I don't agree with above. Last years team was a young team and didn't have a problem getting them up on a sunday. Should a team only sign old fellas or is there an age limit that you could suggest??? Plus here in Ireland we only get a handful of good days a years so i don't get the good day player thing.