PDA

View Full Version : Clare League 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

First
13/07/2006, 4:44 PM
was out watchn lifford under 21's last nite agaist r.rovers in lee's road i wasnt impressed with lifford at all... they lost 2-1..they looked like they had no shape at all to them and some of the players they have shouldnt be there at all...

Rineanna or Rhine

reds exile
13/07/2006, 7:40 PM
was out watchn lifford under 21's last nite agaist r.rovers in lee's road i wasnt impressed with lifford at all... they lost 2-1..they looked like they had no shape at all to them and some of the players they have shouldnt be there at all...

Sore_ toe any idea what kind of team lifford had out and how do you think they will fair in the under 21 just wondering because i think finacially it might be a big strain on the club but they do have talented players and can bring some profile to the Clare League

sore_toe
14/07/2006, 4:13 PM
:ball: :ball: well like to be honest i wont say any name's on the net because i dont think thats right to slate player's no matter how good or bad they are!!!..i havnt really seen any of the other under 21's teams but like im just going by what i seen but i hope they prove me wrong cause its great to finally have a league of ireland team in clare.

reds exile
14/07/2006, 4:18 PM
Well maybe they were trying out some formations for the upcoming cup game,I wish them the best of luck and hopefully they come out on top against UL on sunday

smellyfeet
18/07/2006, 11:22 AM
Just heard the HK has resigned from the Avenue Managers job.

Is this the shortest ever rein as a manager.:rolleyes:

the boss
18/07/2006, 12:39 PM
He left Avenue before a ball was kicked. Was he pushed or did he jump?
Lot of Avenue players supposed to be leaving too.
Their main player for past few years will be signing for Lifford next season- watch this space.
Pa Wilson already signed and one or two others might be joining.

smellyfeet
18/07/2006, 4:30 PM
He left Avenue before a ball was kicked. Was he pushed or did he jump?
Lot of Avenue players supposed to be leaving too.
Their main player for past few years will be signing for Lifford next season- watch this space.
Pa Wilson already signed and one or two others might be joining.

Apparently HK called a meeting and only 4 players turned up so it sounds like it was a bit of push and jump, what i mean is, players not showing up to the meeting would push any manager out and at that he jumped. Fair play to him tough, he probably thought to himself if things are like this so early on, why bother cos they would probably only get worse.

Was Pa Wilson their best player for the last few years? I know Pa is good player alright, but thats when he is on the ball. I have played against him many times and i know he can cause a few problems for the opposition but i havn't ever seen him win a tackle or a header. He wouldn't be the best worker on the pitch or even on the Avenue team IMO. He is very good going forword but i wouldn't depend on him if the team were under pressure. Maybe i'm wrong tough.

sore_toe
19/07/2006, 8:29 AM
:eek: i wonder where hk will go now?..im sure he will be looking for a new club personally i dont like him not many do from what i herd..anyway when is the league going to start up?

the boss
19/07/2006, 8:34 AM
Wasnt talking about Pa Wilson - he is already signed. Another Avenue player about to sign for Lifford not as skilful as wilson but a very good defender.

CousinSylDolan
19/07/2006, 3:59 PM
Wasnt talking about Pa Wilson - he is already signed. Another Avenue player about to sign for Lifford not as skilful as wilson but a very good defender.

Mannix???:D

townie
19/07/2006, 4:30 PM
avenue might actually stay together now that hugh has gone as a player i personally wasnt going playing for avenue under hugh kelly! im not his biggest fgan and this can be said for the opinion of most avenue players! no player was asked over what they would think if hugh was appointed he was just given the job regardless! hopefully we ll get a man in now that has gained respect from the avenue players! p.s no avenue defender will be joining lifford! and as for wilson good player but no heart! well suited to lifford i would think!:)

townie
19/07/2006, 4:31 PM
avenue might actually stay together now that hugh has gone as a player i personally wasnt going playing for avenue under hugh kelly! im not his biggest fgan and this can be said for the opinion of most avenue players! no player was asked over what they would think if hugh was appointed he was just given the job regardless! hopefully we ll get a man in now that has gained respect from the avenue players! p.s no avenue defender will be joining lifford! and as for wilson good player but no heart! well suited to lifford i would think!:)

reds exile
19/07/2006, 7:39 PM
Ok here is a little brainteaser and i hope someone has the right answer because I'd like to know.how many clare clubs HK has managed and what was the longest time he has been at that club.Think Newmarket is next for HK :eek:

plasticpitch
19/07/2006, 7:40 PM
fair play townie at least ur consistent....at least there be no hard feelings towards any avenue players joining lifford... cant say the same if the roles were reversed... anyway any player with a notion of a joining a club with potential would go with lifford... new ground, league of ireland status, fantastic sponsorship, great club management.... need i go on;)

Prem Rep!
20/07/2006, 7:14 AM
Hi PP, just wondering what is the arrangement with eligibility for U21 players playing junior football. Ye had a very young team last year are many of that squad playing with the U21's so far. Great to see a Clare club playing at that level.
As for HK, as far as I remember he has managed Avenue, Bridge, Bunratty and I hear next stop is Newmarket.

First
20/07/2006, 7:40 AM
fair play townie at least ur consistent....at least there be no hard feelings towards any avenue players joining lifford... cant say the same if the roles were reversed... anyway any player with a notion of a joining a club with potential would go with lifford... new ground, league of ireland status, fantastic sponsorship, great club management.... need i go on;)

Do please , the season hasn't even started yet and you are off antaginising people already:)

First
20/07/2006, 7:43 AM
As for HK, as far as I remember he has managed Avenue, Bridge, Bunratty and I hear next stop is Newmarket.[/QUOTE]

Only if DHL have a delivery to make out there.

smellyfeet
20/07/2006, 11:20 AM
:ball:

As for HK, as far as I remember he has managed Avenue, Bridge, Bunratty and I hear next stop is Newmarket.

Didn't he win league with Avenue & The Bridge.
Only Manager in Clare to win National honours aswell.
His record is great and MAYBE he could do same
for Newmarket

Prem Rep!
20/07/2006, 1:44 PM
Didn't win league at the bridge but brought us on a good FAI Cup run while we were in the First division. We were promoted the same year but did not win the league. He had a great first season with us but perhaps lost interest the following year or just couldn't give the commitment that was required. He will do a good job if he can give the time required as he is pretty well respected but his biggest downfall is that he won't ask for help when he needs it and therefore makes decisions based on limited information.

smellyfeet
20/07/2006, 2:04 PM
[QUOTE=Prem Rep!]Didn't win league at the bridge but brought us on a good FAI Cup run while we were in the First division.

Sorry, i stand corrected.

Still, i don't really under stand why any of the Avenue players wouldn't want
him to be their Manager tough.They should look back a few years ago and see what Avenue won when he was manager. I don't think there is anyone that gets close to his record.

smellyfeet
20/07/2006, 2:15 PM
anyway any player with a notion of a joining a club with potential would go with lifford... new ground, league of ireland status, fantastic sponsorship, great club management.... need i go on;)

Jees, I might make my way out there if the price is right:rolleyes: :D

Is the new ground open this year, where is it anyway.

reds exile
20/07/2006, 8:19 PM
While HK might me right for Newmarket is newmarket right for HK, think he would
need someone of influence with the players like Pakie Ryan or Kieran Collins to help him out.Newmarket haven't won the league in 10 years and the manager at that time Derek Douglas found it difficult in the beginning but persisted and reaped his rewards.there is no doubt newmarket have the players just lack a little leadership on the sideline

First
21/07/2006, 8:13 AM
While HK might me right for Newmarket is newmarket right for HK, think he would
need someone of influence with the players like Pakie Ryan or Kieran Collins to help him out.Newmarket haven't won the league in 10 years and the manager at that time Derek Douglas found it difficult in the beginning but persisted and reaped his rewards.there is no doubt newmarket have the players just lack a little leadership on the sideline

What influence does Pakie Ryan and Kieran Collins have with the players in Newmarket. Your answer should be interesting;)

plasticpitch
21/07/2006, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Prem Rep!]Hi PP, just wondering what is the arrangement with eligibility for U21 players playing junior football. Ye had a very young team last year are many of that squad playing with the U21's so far. Great to see a Clare club playing at that level.

as far as i know they are all eligible to play junior.
there are some excellent young players coming through... gary macnaboe 17 and niall white 16 are two that stick out for me.
its great to see clare represented at u21 level... i think it would be nice that the best players in the county could play and then return to their clubs. it would be better for clare soccer if this happened

plasticpitch
21/07/2006, 10:58 AM
Do please , the season hasn't even started yet and you are off antaginising people already:)
people first:confused: just the usual ave lifford banter... nothing meaty for the newmarket dressing room yet;)

plasticpitch
21/07/2006, 11:04 AM
Jees, I might make my way out there if the price is right

Is the new ground open this year, where is it anyway.
well according to some on this thread lifford is practically a professional club as there are players ,management getting paid:rolleyes:
The new ground is located out the same road as the Lees Road. go past drumcliffe cemetery and its about a quarter mile on you right. there are 2 big iron gates there...most premier teams now will have decent pitches so here s to the standard improving allround:ball:

plasticpitch
21/07/2006, 11:06 AM
Folks , any news on Bunratty this season?? Was sorry to see them go down last year??

shelbourne1904
21/07/2006, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=Prem Rep!]Hi PP, just wondering what is the arrangement with eligibility for U21 players playing junior football. Ye had a very young team last year are many of that squad playing with the U21's so far. Great to see a Clare club playing at that level.

as far as i know they are all eligible to play junior.
there are some excellent young players coming through... gary macnaboe 17 and niall white 16 are two that stick out for me.
its great to see clare represented at u21 level... i think it would be nice that the best players in the county could play and then return to their clubs. it would be better for clare soccer if this happened

The decision would be totally down to the Clare leagues interpretation ...with one exception that in my opinion cannot be overriden under any circumstances..........a player cannot sign for 2 clubs!!!That is why the other leagues entered Cleague representative teams not club teams.

reds exile
21/07/2006, 2:44 PM
What influence does Pakie Ryan and Kieran Collins have with the players in Newmarket. Your answer should be interesting;)

well for one these two have influenced a lot of players in newmarket i.e O Malley and Lawlor return, they have great communication skills with the players and get them motivated,Pakie Ryan has the drive to succeed while Collie has the experience Fai cup winner, league and cup medals so knows how to win, maybe this is me saying this should be the newmarket management for the upcoming season

reds exile
21/07/2006, 2:45 PM
any news on McDonough Park grand opening

papa-j
21/07/2006, 2:46 PM
Folks , any news on Bunratty this season?? Was sorry to see them go down last year??

Not sure re players, think they are struggling. They have appointed Rob Mc Sherry as manager( ex Olympic/oscar traynor) assisted by Nigel o Dea.

townie
21/07/2006, 6:12 PM

ya i agree 100 per cent with u first ye have loads going for ye but unfortunately ye lack both the bottle to win the league for yourselves, aswell as a club history! you can buy anton mannering, mike heath and manje for €60 a game but you cant buy league titles and thats what i think its all about! but maybe this year, ye look to have bought a few decent players like pa wilson and moussa! they should should bring the necessary heart and determination! how much ye snap them up for?:D

newlad
21/07/2006, 8:20 PM
ya i agree 100 per cent with u first ye have loads going for ye but unfortunately ye lack both the bottle to win the league for yourselves, aswell as a club history! you can buy anton mannering, mike heath and manje for €60 a game but you cant buy league titles and thats what i think its all about! but maybe this year, ye look to have bought a few decent players like pa wilson and moussa! they should should bring the necessary heart and determination! how much ye snap them up for?:D
is that manje the coloured lad that played with cratloe and pike for a while??:confused:

smellyfeet
22/07/2006, 8:35 AM
is that manje the coloured lad that played with cratloe and pike for a while??:confused:

Mousa played with Pike but hardly got a game

townie
22/07/2006, 10:35 AM
moussa played avenue 2 seasons as a sub!

newlad
22/07/2006, 5:14 PM
Mousa played with Pike but hardly got a game
:confused: mousa..manja is that the same guy???

smellyfeet
22/07/2006, 5:42 PM

No, mousa has been playing/training with Pike for the last few years.
Manja has been playing for Lifford for last few years.

Sure we will see them next year

newlad
22/07/2006, 7:09 PM
No, mousa has been playing/training with Pike for the last few years.
Manja has been playing for Lifford for last few years.

Sure we will see them next year
whats this we tonto hehe;)

smellyfeet
24/07/2006, 8:20 AM
whats this we tonto hehe;)

Sorry Newlad but ya have me :confused:

hoops12
26/07/2006, 2:41 AM

it might aswell be all the 1 they were barely upto first division standard in limerick,these guys were told by pike 20 times over to go down to the b team or move on but they still just hung around,nice fellas but football wise forget about it

sore_toe
26/07/2006, 12:37 PM
does any1 no when newmarket football pitch is open??...and when is the holly tour'm is on?..

newlad
26/07/2006, 11:38 PM
what date is the clare league starting???

newlad
26/07/2006, 11:46 PM
does any1 no when newmarket football pitch is open??...and when is the holly tour'm is on?..

Heard it is delayed untill april.:(

smellyfeet
27/07/2006, 10:05 AM
Anyone know when this years season kicks off...:ball:

BallBreaker
02/08/2006, 1:34 AM
Anyone know when this years season kicks off...:ball:

They were hoping for the 20th August, looks like it will be last week of August the 27th.:ball: :)

bigguy
02/08/2006, 12:27 PM
The Bridge are playing carew park (limerick) in the boro club thursday ev kick off 7.30 i think, should be a good game, is this the bridge first game??

Prem Rep!
02/08/2006, 12:37 PM
First game for the bridge and I don't think we will have much of a squad to be honest. Most of the experienced lads caught away or caught up in GAA. Should be a young enough side out

bigguy
02/08/2006, 1:48 PM
First game for the bridge and I don't think we will have much of a squad to be honest. Most of the experienced lads caught away or caught up in GAA. Should be a young enough side out
will you be playing Prem????
let us know how they get on will you??

avenueC
03/08/2006, 10:02 AM
id say most teams will be understrength for the start of season. the football/hurling championships are only kicking off again now. hopefully the clare league will play some mickey mouse shield first then get the league started a few weeks later...

smellyfeet
03/08/2006, 10:19 AM
id say most teams will be understrength for the start of season. the football/hurling championships are only kicking off again now. hopefully the clare league will play some mickey mouse shield first then get the league started a few weeks later...

That would be a good idea....
I'd say most if not all teams have players playing GAA.