PDA

View Full Version : Clare League 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Last Legs
24/05/2006, 12:54 PM
I couldnt care less about the Cork/Clare match but I see no reason to compete against bigger events than our Cup Final.As in we equally should not put it on at the same time as the munster match or the English Cup Final.So I think sense has prevailed.However we should completely ignore any requests to change because someone palys for a GAA team.
The reason the game was not on midweek was to give the county grounds time to recover after the rain.The under 16 cup final will be deffered again this Thursday unless another ground is available.At the moment Doora,Lees Road and Newtown are all closed so the other 3 schoolboy finals are also looking dodgy.
The trend here seem to be that it is fine to reschedule the cup final to accomodate suporters who want to go to the Clare/Cork game but no one is willing to accomodate the guys playing in the cup final. I would have thought that players needs would come before those of supporters, but then again maybe that is why the clare league is the embarrassment that it is!!

myleftfoot
24/05/2006, 3:35 PM
The trend here seem to be that it is fine to reschedule the cup final to accomodate suporters who want to go to the Clare/Cork game but no one is willing to accomodate the guys playing in the cup final. I would have thought that players needs would come before those of supporters, but then again maybe that is why the clare league is the embarrassment that it is!!

Few years ago Mountshannon refused to play in the cup final because some of their players were playing hurling. They said they would give a walkover if it went ahead. Clare league gave in and the final had to be played midweek. Bunratty were offered home advantage in order to get them to agree. Groundhog day?? Imagine the cup final played in Corofin?? nothing would surprise me with this league.

BallBreaker
24/05/2006, 9:59 PM
i think there is a lot of ye talkin s**t, for one thing you are not professionally playing soccer in clare league and therefore should be allowed play gaa too , most of the best players playing soccer in clare league are playin gaa also! also i dunno when the last time was that a cup final be played on a saturday! thirdly players can be equally comitted to more than one sport and finally what sort of recognition would it be to win a cup final against an under strenght team! you get practcally f**k all regontion for winning anything in this joke of a league as it is! its all a joke if u asked me because of idiots like u tryin to compete with the gaa which has clearly more interest around the county! time to wake up i think...

Above is exactly why soccer will never take off in Clare,when you have lads shouting all year about soccer THEN it's GAA time,Townie stay on your GAA site and leave the soccer to us,The schoolboy league are going summer soccer next year and i fancy the Junior league will follow.then we will see,we3 have experienced no end of problems between soccer and Gaa....:ball: :ball:

guvnor
25/05/2006, 9:51 AM
Can anyone shed some light on when Newmarket Celtic will be playing on their new pitch? Who is currently managing the A team? Is there any new players planned for next season?

Pauliwallnuts
25/05/2006, 10:05 AM
The original game was down for last Sunday when the Clare football team played a munster championship game and I didnt hear anyone complaining. In terms of publicity do you honestly think that our cup final will get huge coverage given the Clare hurling game and all the club football games on over the weekend. The same reporters cover GAA and soccer so dont get too optomistic about publicity especially from the Clare CHampion.
As for Clare FM im sick of listening for soccer results on sunday evening and sitting through blow by blow reports of under 14 b hurling matches and cross country running to get 30seconds of soccer coverage. If it wasnt for this thread you would think that nobody in Clare gives a damn about local soccer.

Are you seriously trying to compare the Clare football team to the hurling team ??:rolleyes: You are totally right on coverage though. Clare Fm & the champion suck but in all fairness to the People they give good coverage.

In reference to your last point I think alot of people give a damn about local soccer but for a variety of reasons are fighting a losing battle against other sports in terms of facilities, recognition, publicity, money, & indeed the LDMC teams who keep robbing the best players. Also the people on the comittee don't seem to have any vision of how to bring the game forward. I've been at alot of those AGms & all they ever talk about is what a great job they've done with Doora. Thats all well & good but its empty every Sunday & even when it is required like ( FAI Area Final) its not lined & the gate is locked.

First
25/05/2006, 1:00 PM
Can anyone shed some light on when Newmarket Celtic will be playing on their new pitch? Who is currently managing the A team? Is there any new players planned for next season?

No, noone and probably;)

papa-j
25/05/2006, 5:32 PM
i think there is a lot of ye talkin s**t, for one thing you are not professionally playing soccer in clare league and therefore should be allowed play gaa too , most of the best players playing soccer in clare league are playin gaa also! also i dunno when the last time was that a cup final be played on a saturday! thirdly players can be equally comitted to more than one sport and finally what sort of recognition would it be to win a cup final against an under strenght team! you get practcally f**k all regontion for winning anything in this joke of a league as it is! its all a joke if u asked me because of idiots like u tryin to compete with the gaa which has clearly more interest around the county! time to wake up i think...

I'm an idiot because I choose to play football over GAA, GET REAL. Try and get the point before you post. If you refixed every soccer match so they dont clash with GAA or rugby we'd never play. As has been said by Ballbreaker soccer will switch to summer season and then both sports will clash directly. It didn't harm the Mayo league who had an FAI Junior cup winner last year. If you think the league is such a joke why do you bother playing, I can tell you its not a joke to the lads involved in our squad every sunday morning & twice a week at training. Dont go knocking people for being
passionate about their sport.

BallBreaker
25/05/2006, 10:54 PM

Heard through the grapevine that Kieran Collins may be taking over....

shelbourne1904
26/05/2006, 10:38 AM

As far as I recall the Cup Final was played on a Saturday about 3 years ago.You are correct players should have the choice to play boths sports but when a cup final is involved the player who is equally commited to both sports should go for the cupfinal,otherwise he is not equally committed.Did eire og try to get their game changed??
As far as winning against an understrength opposition is concerned it is none of a players business what the other teams problems are and in a few years the only thing that will matter is whose name is on the cup!!!!!.

shelbourne1904
26/05/2006, 10:41 AM
Lifford and Newtown served up an absolute cracker of a cup final last night in Lees Road.The game went to extra time and Lifford came out on top 2-1.Great credit to both teams.Great performance from the officials also.

First
26/05/2006, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=shelbourne1904]You are correct players should have the choice to play boths sports but when a cup final is involved the player who is equally commited to both sports should go for the cupfinal,

Not if his cup final is the first round of the championship. The way you are talking why not just bring in a reverse ban and not allow anyone who plays soccer to play GAA or better still don't sign the player if you thionk he might put the GAA before his soccer commitments. Shouldn't really be a problem for Newtown should it................................:D

shelbourne1904
26/05/2006, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=shelbourne1904]You are correct players should have the choice to play boths sports but when a cup final is involved the player who is equally commited to both sports should go for the cupfinal,

Not if his cup final is the first round of the championship. The way you are talking why not just bring in a reverse ban and not allow anyone who plays soccer to play GAA or better still don't sign the player if you thionk he might put the GAA before his soccer commitments. Shouldn't really be a problem for Newtown should it................................:D

What is the first round of the championship..the same as the first round of the Cup???There is no need for a ban(invented by the GAA) ,or a reverse ban whatever that is,dont sign players who are not willing to commit to what is required for any reason whether it be knitting classes,chess or gaa!!!
Where does Newtown come into this???

plasticpitch
26/05/2006, 1:05 PM
townie, sounds like your a bit upset that avenue havent got there way. there are plenty of good players in this county who only play soccer.
if avenue lads are playing football then they have made the choice to play football simple as that... maybe its because if they dont go to the football match they might not get a start for the rest of the season of gaa. in my opinion its the easy option not to play a soccer match... sur whats going to happen... nothing maybe!!
to be frank id say corofin couldnt give a monkeys which team they line up against on saturday all they want is to bring the cup back again,,,... as for recognition of winning something in the clare league.. it will be recorded in history and sur its something to tell the grandchildren.. not every team wins a competition... look at the corofin team.. will be considered legends around there area!!!

Interested
27/05/2006, 12:10 AM
Townie, just to pick up on a few of your points. True, Professional Football is not played by any players that I know in the Clare League, though there are a few former players who have moved to greener pastures under the pretence of better football and/or a few bob. I can't recall any ordinary GAA Club players getting paid either. I agree that the choice of sport that an individual wishes to play is his own choice as most soccer players within the Clare League also play other sports weather it be Hurling, Football, Golf etc. The point I want to make is the Avenue B players have chosen to play for Eire Og in the first round of the Championship themselves, instead of playing in the Final of the Clare Cup. THEIR CHOICE.
My second point is in regard to the Cup Final being played on Saturday. It is fairly obvious to everyone that the Cup Final was scheduled for this date instead of Sunday to avoid a clash with the Clare/Cork Hurling game.
If I am not mistaken Avenue tried to defer last Sunday's original date for the Cup Final as several of their players were going to Cardiff for the Rugby game, the weather helped Avenue out on that occasion.
Midweek games are a no start for Avenue also (or is that just the A team).
You also seem to forget that Corofin have and have always had a Soccer team that is made up of mostly GAA players, though they are not in the Senior Championship the parish is definately GAA orientated but what they have that Avenue/Eire Og don't have is a community understanding in regard to a games importance.
Lets face the facts. If the Clare League allowed this game to be deferred because of a few players commitment to the Hurling Championship and the game was set for next Sunday, are Corofin playing in the Intermediate Hurling or Football Championship on that date? So the Cup Final gets deferred for another week. On that weekend Eire Og are playing in the Football Championship? can you follow where this is heading.
Avenue will just have to face the fact that the Cup Final is on tommorrow.
As for your comment regarding recognition for beating an under streangth team. I don't suppose we will hear Avenue players commenting on how they beat Corofin with an under streangth team if they perform like they did in the Semi Final.
The bottom line is the Cup Final is on tommorrow, hopefully it will be a good game and that the team that wins the cup are deserving winners regardless of which one of you wins it.

myleftfoot
28/05/2006, 1:19 PM
Anyone know who won cup final last night??

Interested
29/05/2006, 12:45 AM
Anyone know who won cup final last night??
1-1 draw, replay next friday at 6.30.
Not a classic game by any stretch of the imagination. Avenue scored early in the first half by Skehill, who had a good game over all. Young Jason Whyte was outstanding for Avenue who seemed to rely on solid defending after going a goal up. Corofin equalized early in the second half by Keane and were the better side in the second half probably because Avenue had a player sent off for a brainless tackle, his second booking of the day.
With all the rubbish that had been written prior to the final, Avenue had nearly a full compliment. Cossy and Fonso were the only two missing. In truth Corofin took a long time to settle but dont have anyone up front capable of converting the few chances that came their way. Young Whyte was unlucky not to win it for Avenue at the death, he dragged his shot wide of the post. James Hanrahan kept Avenue in the game on a couple of occasions that the Corofin forwards managed to get some space behind a solid Avenue rearguard.
All in all a draw was the right outcome as neither of the teams deseved to win the cup or lose it for that matter. So hopefully the replay will be of better quality.

Clifford
31/05/2006, 10:45 AM
avenue united b team are to donate their cup medals this friday (winners or losers) to newtown who seem stuck for silverware.

at recent league meeting regarding avenue uniteds no show in munster junior cup clare league agree there was a major mix up and requested newtown to replay the final. purely down to the sportsmanship of newtown this replay hinged. looks like newtown declined this offer. as the saying goes eaten bread is soon forgotten. (some newtown lads will know what i'm on about)

Spudd
31/05/2006, 12:17 PM
Haha - this shud be fun......

papa-j
31/05/2006, 3:21 PM
avenue united b team are to donate their cup medals this friday (winners or losers) to newtown who seem stuck for silverware.

at recent league meeting regarding avenue uniteds no show in munster junior cup clare league agree there was a major mix up and requested newtown to replay the final. purely down to the sportsmanship of newtown this replay hinged. looks like newtown declined this offer. as the saying goes eaten bread is soon forgotten. (some newtown lads will know what i'm on about)

Clifford, I can only speak as a player and we turned up for this final twice only for it to be called off. Obviously we were p*ssed off with this. If your lads were going to pull a no show ye could have tipped us off, being such great sportsmen. I dont know the facts if we refused to play for a third time as the players we not consulted, at this stage the interest is gone its over 4 weeks since we last got together. There is also a change of management being put in place. We dont want this cup by default but it was there to be won & ye never showed up! as the saying goes no point crying over spilt milk.;)

BallBreaker
31/05/2006, 4:34 PM

Let me clarify some facts here,after the 1st fiasco(all down to the league) Newtown were down to play Avenue in the Munster area final,John O Malley was in Shannon every day speaking to Jim Rocks,Avenue had a problem with the fixture and went to a league meeting,whatever was said i don't know but all of the league panel bar one left in the knowledge that the Munster match would stay as is and the league would put back the FAI area final to suit Avenue.Newtown knew nothing about this till on the day of the match John called into Jimmy Rocks,Jimmy made a comment about the match that evening which John informed him it was off,Jim wasn't happy as John Kelly had just made 16 phonecalls to make sure the players were there,The 1st person John O Mally rang was the one and only member of the league that agreed with him,the league told Newtown and Avenue the fixture was to go ahead,Any phonecall that Newtown made was in the presence of John O Malley,2 players from Avenue showed up for the game,a few days later the league rang Newtown and said that if Newtown were willing to refix the match as a show of sportsmanship they would refix it for Ballycasey.This was turned down for this reason,If Newtown thought it was possible to be playing matches in late May they would have entered the shield which they were reigning champions,Jim knew after May he was losing half his squad to lads going away to the states and uk and some who had other commitments.
Also Jim Rocks and John Kelly had stepped down after the Final that didn't take place,I have good respect for Avenue but here is the bottom line,J O M tried to con the league,it didn't work..............:ball: :ball:

BallBreaker
31/05/2006, 4:46 PM
:ball: Newtown F.c would like to congratulate David Wall on his recent FAI Junior international cap v Northern Ireland,Paper reports named him as one of the star players(just to show i am not biased) Hopefully he will be called back for the forthcomming tournament.

Also to fan the flames David Wall is signing for Newtown for the comming season,Best of luck to Damien Lindsay and Andy O Mahony on their quest for honours next season after bing installed as Newtown A Managers.

Brendan and Gerard Flanagan are the B team managers.
At this moment Newtown are also looking at a 3rd team,will update when confirmed.

Dean Ricter is confirmed as the youths Manager,at this time he is in discussions for his back room team.

best of luck to all above.:ball: :ball:

Clifford
01/06/2006, 9:47 AM
[.
Also Jim Rocks and John Kelly had stepped down after the Final that didn't take place,I have good respect for Avenue but here is the bottom line,J O M tried to con the league,it didn't work..............:ball: :ball:[/QUOTE]

there was no con here. jom and mannix came out of the meeting that monday. they rang there players straight away that night on the issue to let them know the game was off. it was wednesday at 3.00 when told it was still on and this was only after jom meeting jim rocks in shannon and making relevant phone calls. in fact avenue had wrote letter/e mail requesting that we didn't have games that particular mid week due to exams and work commitments. this game was brought up at that meeting. one in question was adamant he was talking fai and was backed up by one other only (others were not sure) and one other had taken it up the same way as avenue. why the hell would jom and mannix be talking about fai when it wasn't even down. in fact the clare league (lydon)****ed up again and took easy option out to ask newtown to replay game. but here's the bottom line.............................................. ........ enjoy your munster junior cup and medals and well done to all in clare soccer who promote our lovely game.

Murphman
01/06/2006, 2:06 PM
Clare League are up to their old tricks again, favouring the Ennis teams.. We (Bridge Celtic)play Avenue this Sat evening in F.A.I Clare final and the Clare League have us down to play it in Avenues home pitch??? Whats all that about?? Another thing is that they never included us in the Shield Competition! No wonder they have no candidates for officers...what a farce.

Anyone turn up for their recent meeting?

BallBreaker
01/06/2006, 5:20 PM
[.
Also Jim Rocks and John Kelly had stepped down after the Final that didn't take place,I have good respect for Avenue but here is the bottom line,J O M tried to con the league,it didn't work..............

there was no con here. jom and mannix came out of the meeting that monday. they rang there players straight away that night on the issue to let them know the game was off. it was wednesday at 3.00 when told it was still on and this was only after jom meeting jim rocks in shannon and making relevant phone calls. in fact avenue had wrote letter/e mail requesting that we didn't have games that particular mid week due to exams and work commitments. this game was brought up at that meeting. one in question was adamant he was talking fai and was backed up by one other only (others were not sure) and one other had taken it up the same way as avenue. why the hell would jom and mannix be talking about fai when it wasn't even down. in fact the clare league (lydon)****ed up again and took easy option out to ask newtown to replay game. but here's the bottom line.............................................. ........ enjoy your munster junior cup and medals and well done to all in clare soccer who promote our lovely game.

Newtown are not interested in the medals,have you seen the state of them for the last couple of years,from our point of view the league was over,i will say again,otherwise we would have entered the league cup at which we were champions,we have no interest of winning matches by walkover but the fact remains JOM could only get one league official to agree with his version of events,that being the one and only member he phoned in Jim's shop,if he phoned all his players why did at least 2 show up for the game????????:cool: :cool:

BallBreaker
01/06/2006, 5:22 PM
Clare League are up to their old tricks again, favouring the Ennis teams.. We (Bridge Celtic)play Avenue this Sat evening in F.A.I Clare final and the Clare League have us down to play it in Avenues home pitch??? Whats all that about?? Another thing is that they never included us in the Shield Competition! No wonder they have no candidates for officers...what a farce.

Anyone turn up for their recent meeting?

I am sure Clifford will have an answer for you;) ;)

offside01
03/06/2006, 9:15 AM
super win for corofin harps last night.its like the old saying,a good team wins one a great team wins two.congrats to all involved

CousinSylDolan
03/06/2006, 9:35 AM
super win for corofin harps last night.its like the old saying,a good team wins one a great team wins two.congrats to all involved

Well done... Congrats especially to Willie Treacy the right back... He has put in many years of service to Clare football...

Any more details on the game????

myleftfoot
03/06/2006, 10:17 AM
Newtown are not interested in the medals,have you seen the state of them for the last couple of years,from our point of view the league was over,i will say again,otherwise we would have entered the league cup at which we were champions,we have no interest of winning matches by walkover but the fact remains JOM could only get one league official to agree with his version of events,that being the one and only member he phoned in Jim's shop,if he phoned all his players why did at least 2 show up for the game????????:cool: :cool:

I saw one of the best games in years a couple of months back when Newtown beat Avenue in the league. I doubt if they are afraid to play Avenue again. This farce is no way to win a medal. Its just typical of this league. I have sympathy with Newtown cos games should not still be going on in June - lots of young lads head off for summer. You cant expect them to field a weakened side. Surely the two clubs could come to a compromise maybe agree to play the game at some time that suits them both even if it has to be at start of next season.
But its the Clare league that is to blame -WHY are games still going on in June. Lots of clubs finished since april when a big rush was on with midweek games to get all the divisions finished.

Ned Kelly
03/06/2006, 11:04 AM
Well done... Congrats especially to Willie Treacy the right back... He has put in many years of service to Clare football...

A boy Willie boy...clare league legend!

smellyfeet
06/06/2006, 9:57 AM
:ball: well done the harps. 2 in a row

smellyfeet
06/06/2006, 10:03 AM

Clifford
In fairness to Newtown they turned up and were ready to play this area final TWICE.
So you can't blame them for the way things turned out.

CousinSylDolan
06/06/2006, 3:09 PM
I see Hugh Kelly is the new Avenue manager... Interesting appointment.
As they say about HK...He's had more clubs then Jack Nicklaus:D :D :D

He got them to an FAI semi final when he was over them last time.

He should improve them a good bit and I can see them challenging the Bridge next season.

Any word on what John O'Malley is doing?????

smellyfeet
06/06/2006, 4:08 PM
[QUOTE=CousinSylDolan]I see Hugh Kelly is the new Avenue manager... Interesting appointment.

Is he still going to be Oscar Traynor Manager or is that position up for grabs??

Interested
06/06/2006, 10:09 PM

CousinSyl, the first game was poor. The replay was dire. Considering the great evening that was in it and the pitch surface was immaculate (well done Tommy) why could neither team string 4 passes together?. Congratulations to the Harps winning back to back Finals, which was last done by your own Club Bunratty when pastures were not so greener. Corofin were the better of two poor teams who can both play better football, but not it would seem in this particular final.

CousinSylDolan
07/06/2006, 7:17 AM
Is he still going to be Oscar Traynor Manager or is that position up for grabs??

Hugh has resigned as manager of the Clare Oscar Traynor team....I've no idea who will take over!!!!!!

Maybe the Clare Lg are holding out until England exit the World Cup before making a decision about who will take over.
Could Sven be the man:confused: :confused: :confused:

Clifford
07/06/2006, 9:46 AM
I am sure Clifford will have an answer for you;) ;)

we thought it was on in shannon on saturday. it was only when we saw it in paper that it was lees rd for SUNDAY, after the cl telling us 2 weeks previous that it was fixed for saturday. response.................. lees road closed on saturday evening?????? whats wrong with digi or shannon? i'd be ****ed off if we had to play it in bridge, but if its any consolation thats the first time we played on that pitch (was rugby pitch)
there a shower of muppets in the cl fullstop. its not the first and wont be the last cockup. but they get away with it time and time again.

Clifford
07/06/2006, 9:55 AM
[that suits them both even if it has to be at start of next season.
But its the Clare league that is to blame -WHY are games still going on in June. Lots of clubs finished since april when a big rush was on with midweek games to get all the divisions finished.[/QUOTE]

clare league took easy option out. turned around and put the pressure on newtown and avenue. aveneue knew it was never going to be played this year. clare league should have given newtown an option of doubling the first league meeting next year as munster final.
makes a farce of the competition. but sur didn't the cl do the same 2 years ago with bunratty and avenue in the same final. it was never played and we ended up sharing it. another joke and another embarassment for cl. how do they get away with it.

Clifford
07/06/2006, 9:56 AM
I see Hugh Kelly is the new Avenue manager... Interesting appointment.

He got them to an FAI semi final when he was over them last time.

He should improve them a good bit and I can see them challenging the Bridge next season.

Any word on what John O'Malley is doing?????

jom will be involved in avenue underage.

Clifford
07/06/2006, 10:04 AM
CousinSyl, the first game was poor. The replay was dire. Considering the great evening that was in it and the pitch surface was immaculate (well done Tommy) why could neither team string 4 passes together?. Congratulations to the Harps winning back to back Finals, which was last done by your own Club Bunratty when pastures were not so greener. Corofin were the better of two poor teams who can both play better football, but not it would seem in this particular final.

avenue b team had a lot of injuries. cossie,milky and peader couldn't make the final. ritchie fitz, pee wee, sca, seery and o'daly all injuried. just didn't have the subs to make the changes.
in the first half avenue looked like a d team, they were that bad. still think the goal had gone out for a throw ball. daly took it well. (who was my man of match)
second half aveneu improved and were unlucky not to have a penalty and cracked the crossbar with 2 mins to go with shot of the match. it was a poor final but i dont think corofin will complain. hats off to them, great team spirit and some good blokes there as well.

shelbourne1904
08/06/2006, 10:12 AM
Well done to the Harps and Gery Halpin who sometimes looks like he is carrying the whole club on his own.A great character and always a pleasure to meet.

BallBreaker
08/06/2006, 10:53 PM
[that suits them both even if it has to be at start of next season.
But its the Clare league that is to blame -WHY are games still going on in June. Lots of clubs finished since april when a big rush was on with midweek games to get all the divisions finished.

clare league took easy option out. turned around and put the pressure on newtown and avenue. aveneue knew it was never going to be played this year. clare league should have given newtown an option of doubling the first league meeting next year as munster final.
makes a farce of the competition. but sur didn't the cl do the same 2 years ago with bunratty and avenue in the same final. it was never played and we ended up sharing it. another joke and another embarassment for cl. how do they get away with it.[/QUOTE]
Thats better Clifford,you are talking with your head now,i agree with you and yes they always get away with it...;)

BallBreaker
08/06/2006, 11:00 PM
we thought it was on in shannon on saturday. it was only when we saw it in paper that it was lees rd for SUNDAY, after the cl telling us 2 weeks previous that it was fixed for saturday. response.................. lees road closed on saturday evening?????? whats wrong with digi or shannon? i'd be ****ed off if we had to play it in bridge, but if its any consolation thats the first time we played on that pitch (was rugby pitch)
there a shower of muppets in the cl fullstop. its not the first and wont be the last cockup. but they get away with it time and time again.

What about the Rinneanna and Bridge Shield Final,Match was fixed for Ballycasey on the paper,both teams and officials turned up only for no one from Newtown there,Why you ask???????????? because the CL never even bothered to ask Newtown for the pitch,no phonecall nothing,We would have gladly held the final.........as you now Newtown's matches were finished so none of us would have been looking in the fixtures part of the papers......:confused: :confused:

Clifford
09/06/2006, 12:20 PM
What about the Rinneanna and Bridge Shield Final,Match was fixed for Ballycasey on the paper,both teams and officials turned up only for no one from Newtown there,Why you ask???????????? because the CL never even bothered to ask Newtown for the pitch,no phonecall nothing,We would have gladly held the final.........as you now Newtown's matches were finished so none of us would have been looking in the fixtures part of the papers......:confused: :confused:

your pulling the ****???? hahaha and theres me thinking its just avenue fixtures they **** up. they wouldn't organise a ****up in a brewery. who did they pass the buck to this time.
where was the final played then??? well done to tommy austin and co on there win. delighted for a pure gentleman of the game.

Interested
09/06/2006, 10:21 PM
your pulling the ****???? hahaha and theres me thinking its just avenue fixtures they **** up. they wouldn't organise a ****up in a brewery. who did they pass the buck to this time.
where was the final played then??? well done to tommy austin and co on there win. delighted for a pure gentleman of the game.
As far as I know, the game was switched to Doora after a few frantic phone calls by the Referee. And as I can gather, only for Ronnie Pyne (who is not a Clare League Committee Member) arriving with a key. The same fiasco that happened with the Avenue v Newtown Final would have ensued, with no game taking place.
Great to see one of the unsung heroes of Clare Soccer (Tommy Austin) winning a bit of Silverware, Congrats to all involved.
Any account of the Corofin v Mountshannon game this evening?

shelbourne1904
14/06/2006, 11:54 PM
Lads
Have a look at csslennis.com for update on Kennedy Cup photos /results including Clare Schoolboys/girls Soccer League progress.

shelbourne1904
30/06/2006, 2:55 AM
Good luck to the Clare over 40s on Friday night.There will be some aking bones after this.Pity Sean Lindsay is is injured .Ronaldinho could learn a thing or 2 from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smellyfeet
30/06/2006, 9:03 AM
Good luck to the Clare over 40s on Friday night.There will be some aking bones after this.Pity Sean Lindsay is is injured .Ronaldinho could learn a thing or 2 from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are they playing and where. Who's on the team.

shelbourne1904
30/06/2006, 11:47 AM
Who are they playing and where. Who's on the team.

They are playing a visiting English over 40s team in Doora tonight.Not sure of KO time.Mickey Burns,Damien Lindsay,Brendan Mackel,Steve Russel,Kieran Collins and lots more are being managed by Tommy Austin.

smellyfeet
30/06/2006, 12:37 PM
:D Hope the gates will be open

sore_toe
13/07/2006, 12:51 PM
was out watchn lifford under 21's last nite agaist r.rovers in lee's road i wasnt impressed with lifford at all... they lost 2-1..they looked like they had no shape at all to them and some of the players they have shouldnt be there at all...