PDA

View Full Version : Clare League 2005/06

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Prem Rep!
08/05/2006, 1:26 PM
Sorry lads,
I was doing exams for the last couple of weeks.
I will update the website as soon as I can.

Scobie
08/05/2006, 2:38 PM
how cud you score a hat-trick in an under16 match and not get man of the match? good match report though.

anyone at any of the youths semi's on saturday? moher 3-1 newtown and newmarket 3-2 bridge united. strange results

myleftfoot
08/05/2006, 3:52 PM
Anyone got report on cup semis. Two big shocks by all accounts.
Yet another year with no team from premier in final. Just shows how bad the premier standard is this year. Lowest points total for years in that division.
Avenue A&B game sounds bizzarre. Rumour last night has it that Avenue B agreed to let A team through so A team rested number of players and got mugged on the day. B team supposed to have been using an A player in cup but A team won't object to their friends who should have a number of extra players back themselves for the final. Another farce for the clare league.

the only 1
08/05/2006, 4:32 PM
Congratulations Davy, hopefully you will still be a Clare League player next season , I am sure there are a few clubs that would have you. How about yourself and Mike O'Malley joining forces again. ;)

heard a rumour pike rovers are going 2try and sign him

shelbourne1904
08/05/2006, 5:02 PM
how cud you score a hat-trick in an under16 match and not get man of the match? good match report though.

anyone at any of the youths semi's on saturday? moher 3-1 newtown and newmarket 3-2 bridge united. strange results

In the Ennis game Newtown went 2 down in 2o minutes after 2 cockups in their defence.Moher were strong but Newtown dominated the second half and pulled one back before a glaring handball in the Moher box was missed by all 3 officials which should have levelled the game before the brilliant Killian Malone who had played in a 15s match that morning came on and scored an absolute cracker from out on the wing to settle the result in Mohers favour.

Dont know what happened at the other game other than to be amazed how a team that pulls out of the league can be allowed play in the cup and are now in the cup final????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A PLAUSABLE EXPLANATION FOR THAT?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????
I THOUGHT I HAD HEARD IT ALL:eek:

Pauliwallnuts
08/05/2006, 8:33 PM
Sorry lads,
I was doing exams for the last couple of weeks.
I will update the website as soon as I can.

No problem Prem Rep. I wasn't blaming you anyway. You are doing a great job with A2Z. Keep up the good work.

By the way moving to your neck of the woods soon. Do you know if M. Egan as in the small fella or Cosi are playing for your B team these days??

old boy
09/05/2006, 7:42 AM
HI Lads, Just found out that we've to play Cratloe in the Clare Area Fai Semi Final this wednsday night... I thought if you were knocked out of the FAI that you're out and thats it??? My team Bridge Celtic got the furthest in this years competition and it dosen't make sense for us to play Cratloe in a Semi when we have already knocked them out of the competition... Fair enough Avenue Crat etc got to the same stage shouldn't it just be a 3 way playoff to see who would play us in the final??? Once again the Clare league make up their own rules...

murphman...

unfortunatly it has been this way for a couple of years now
last four remaining teams in fai playoff now to see who becomes area winners... will agree it is crazy you have to play teams again after beating them ,,, someday we will be faced with embarasment of a clare team hopefully winning out the fai junior cup and then getting beat in a clare area semi final at end of season...:D :D

old boy
09/05/2006, 7:45 AM
In the Ennis game Newtown went 2 down in 2o minutes after 2 cockups in their defence.Moher were strong but Newtown dominated the second half and pulled one back before a glaring handball in the Moher box was missed by all 3 officials which should have levelled the game before the brilliant Killian Malone who had played in a 15s match that morning came on and scored an absolute cracker from out on the wing to settle the result in Mohers favour.

Dont know what happened at the other game other than to be amazed how a team that pulls out of the league can be allowed play in the cup and are now in the cup final????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A PLAUSABLE EXPLANATION FOR THAT?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????
I THOUGHT I HAD HEARD IT ALL:eek:

did you ask clare league for a plausable explanation ... i hear they have a large book full of new excuses / reasons :D :D

CousinSylDolan
09/05/2006, 8:21 AM
That dude that wears the scarf at the CL meetings will surely have something in his little rulebook about the youths farce... That rulebook that no-one else seems to be able to get their hands on.

Congrats to Davy Wall of Newtown by the way on his international call up. Nice article today in the Clare People about him. Good reports on all cup games too...

I wonder will Shels favourite paper have as good coverage on Thursday...especially with the hurling up and running now.
I must say Shel's I really enjoy the Champion on a Thursday...their coverage of ladies darts played in the Clare Inn is very extensive.

Some shocks in the cup semi's alright. Avenue beat Olympic 6-0 and then lose to their B team!!!!!!

shelbourne1904
09/05/2006, 8:51 AM
That dude that wears the scarf at the CL meetings will surely have something in his little rulebook about the youths farce... That rulebook that no-one else seems to be able to get their hands on.

Congrats to Davy Wall of Newtown by the way on his international call up. Nice article today in the Clare People about him. Good reports on all cup games too...

I wonder will Shels favourite paper have as good coverage on Thursday...especially with the hurling up and running now.
I must say Shel's I really enjoy the Champion on a Thursday...their coverage of ladies darts played in the Clare Inn is very extensive.

Some shocks in the cup semi's alright. Avenue beat Olympic 6-0 and then lose to their B team!!!!!!
Lads dont get me wrong.I have no issue with ladies sport,I run a ladies team, WHAT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IS PREFERENCE FOR ONE SPORT OVER ANOTHER.I.E How on earth can that publication,I wont flatter it by calling it a paper,as that would require impartiality on its part,devote so much time to minority sports,camogie/ladies gaelic football TRAINING over ,now listen to this because its a fact,THE BIGGEST PARTICIPATED IN SPORT IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

First
09/05/2006, 12:42 PM
heard a rumour pike rovers are going 2try and sign him

More bull from Granville :mad:

the only 1
09/05/2006, 4:25 PM
More bull from Granville :mad:

y? surely he will better himself in limerick

Prem Rep!
10/05/2006, 9:30 AM
No problem Prem Rep. I wasn't blaming you anyway. You are doing a great job with A2Z. Keep up the good work.

By the way moving to your neck of the woods soon. Do you know if M. Egan as in the small fella or Cosi are playing for your B team these days??

Mark is playing away, don't think Cossie signed this year. I'll let you know when the AGM is on. Always healthy to get new blood in the club.

First
10/05/2006, 10:14 AM
y? surely he will better himself in limerick

The bloke is all right as he is , I don't think Limerick will better him or for that matter make him any worse

First
10/05/2006, 10:17 AM
Mark is playing away, don't think Cossie signed this year. I'll let you know when the AGM is on. Always healthy to get new blood in the club.

Does Mark know that you are telling everyone on this site taht he is playing away:D

Prem Rep!
10/05/2006, 10:24 AM
HELP REQUIRED - RESULTS

Hi Lads,
Can you help me out with the following missing results.

First division
Moher - Olympic
Corofin - Kilkee
Corofin - Avenue
Corofin - Burren
Kilmaley - Corofin
Rock - Corofin
Rock - Kilkishen
Rock - Hermitage
Hermitage - Moher

Second
Cooraclare - Ennistymon
Cooraclare - Kilkee
Kilrush - Cooraclare
Turnpike - Kildysert
Turnpike - Ennistymon
Turnpike - Kilkee
Kildysert - Kilrush
Kilkee - Kildysert
Pats - Kilkee
Kilrush - Pats
Kilrush - Tulla
Ennistymon - Tulla
Ennistymon - Kilrush
Kilkee - Kildysert
Kilkee - Kilrush

Third
Manus - Rineanna
Bridge C - Manus
Lifford - Manus
Rineanna - Pats
Bridge C - Pats
Rineanna - Bridge
Bridge - Rinaeanna
Lifford - Rineanna

Pauliwallnuts
10/05/2006, 2:45 PM
Kilkishen 3 - 0 Rock

Corofin 4 - 0 Kilkishen

Pretender
10/05/2006, 5:40 PM
Lifford received a walkover from Manus in the Third and drew 2-2 with Rineanna

Murphman
10/05/2006, 8:38 PM
Result from game tonight...
Clare Area Fai Semi
Bridge Celtic 4 Cratloe 0 - Goals: Ger O'Connell 2 Paul Mcevoy and Ciaran Aherne

Clifford
11/05/2006, 10:49 AM
moher 4 oly 4
corofin 7 avenue 1
tage 3 moher 1
rock 1 tage 1
rock 0 corofin 2
corofin 4 kil 0

Clifford
11/05/2006, 11:02 AM
Anyone got report on cup semis. Two big shocks by all accounts.
Yet another year with no team from premier in final. Just shows how bad the premier standard is this year. Lowest points total for years in that division.
Avenue A&B game sounds bizzarre. Rumour last night has it that Avenue B agreed to let A team through so A team rested number of players and got mugged on the day. B team supposed to have been using an A player in cup but A team won't object to their friends who should have a number of extra players back themselves for the final. Another farce for the clare league.

who is this player ????????
did you c avenues a team v oly and v b team. only difference was davide and rochford (who both came off v oly injured) and aidan keane who was also carrying an injury and was very lucky to play r even last v oly. in came carl hogan sean o'meara and pa wilson. (some weakened team). avenue b requested game be called off as they had 9 players for final. were told NO WAY 11th hour included the 3 u15's to make the game go ahead. if you put both teams on foot.ie before game everyone would have predicted 6.0 for a team. the only mugs on the day where the a team. after 5 mins they must have realised that b team would throw kitchen sink at them, if not surely half time.
what made it worse was after the game some of b team turned round and said they wouldn't be around for the final as there off to cardiff. clare league in there wisdom moved it from friday (traffic) to sat and finally sunday 3.30 when clare play limerick to increase attendance????????????????????????
i'd personally prefer it on friday night as one can enjoy weekend and rugby. also wouldn't have to get off work monday. i also heard 1 r 2 corofin players were supposed to be going to cardiff as well??????????????????????????????

Prem Rep!
11/05/2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks all,
Just missing Corofin v Burren result from 1st now.
Still no word on 2nd division.
Anyone from Rineanna and Bridge Celtic to complete the third division request.

CmonTheRovers
11/05/2006, 1:03 PM
Thanks all,
Rovers B lost to Manus 2-3, i think. Will try get the other B results.

Anyone hear any updates on a Premier League Cup competition to be played at end of season?

myleftfoot
11/05/2006, 1:37 PM
did you c avenues a team v oly and v b team. only difference was davide and rochford (who both came off v oly injured) and aidan keane who was also carrying an injury and was very lucky to play r even last v oly. in came carl hogan sean o'meara and pa wilson. (some weakened team). avenue b requested game be called off as they had 9 players for final. were told NO WAY 11th hour included the 3 u15's to make the game go ahead. if you put both teams on foot.ie before game everyone would have predicted 6.0 for a team. the only mugs on the day where the a team. after 5 mins they must have realised that b team would throw kitchen sink at them, if not surely half time.
what made it worse was after the game some of b team turned round and said they wouldn't be around for the final as there off to cardiff. clare league in there wisdom moved it from friday (traffic) to sat and finally sunday 3.30 when clare play limerick to increase attendance????????????????????????
i'd personally prefer it on friday night as one can enjoy weekend and rugby. also wouldn't have to get off work monday. i also heard 1 r 2 corofin players were supposed to be going to cardiff as well??????????????????????????????

Sorry Clifford I wasnt even at the game. Only heard the same thing as the Clare people had- that before the game B team supposed to have agreed to let A team through. Sounds like a great wind up to me. Fair play to B team - I saw your A team a few times this year and dont rate them at all. Few good players at the back and Mahony quality player up front but no pace or heart in midfield.
Tell me this why dont several B team players want to play for the A team when they are easily good enough?? is there a rift with management or what??

CmonTheRovers
11/05/2006, 2:52 PM
Rovers B lost to Manus 2-3, i think. Will try get the other B results.

Anyone hear any updates on a Premier League Cup competition to be played at end of season?

Rovers B beat Bridge 5-1 at home. AWAY to Bridge, Rovers B received walkover. Rovers B lost to Manus 2-3. Rovers B 2-2 Lifford B

myleftfoot
11/05/2006, 4:29 PM

Apologies Clifford checked with guy who told me of your so called "illegal player". Turns out he was claiming your goalkeeper was illegal cos he has played enough games with A team this year to make him ineligible for Bs now. This doesnt apply to cup though so he is incorrect.
Best of luck in the final. By the way how can a team be good enough to get to a a cup final and be relegated to the 2nd division??

gaffer
12/05/2006, 9:51 AM
Thanks all,

Bridge Celtic B 3 - 0 Rineanna Rovers B WKO
Rineanna Rovers B 5 - 1 Bridge Celtic B
Bridge Celtic B ABD Manus Celtic

CmonTheRovers
12/05/2006, 11:05 AM
Rovers B beat Bridge 5-1 at home. Rovers B lost to Manus 2-3. Rovers B 2-2 Lifford B
Rovers B 0 St Pats B 0

Prem Rep!
12/05/2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks Gaffer and Rovers, ye are both claiming the walkover in O' Briens Bridge though. Gaffer was the Bridge v Pats game played??

gaffer
12/05/2006, 1:27 PM
Thanks Gaffer and Rovers, ye are both claiming the walkover in O' Briens Bridge though. Gaffer was the Bridge v Pats game played??

All you have to do is look at the number of walkovers each team gave and you can guess the answer. The Bridge are bad but they always turn up for their match's.

Bridge 0 - 2 Pats

CmonTheRovers
12/05/2006, 2:31 PM
All you have to do is look at the number of walkovers each team gave and you can guess the answer. The Bridge are bad but they always turn up for their match's.

Bridge 0 - 2 Pats

Not claiming it anymore. Miscommunications in the ranks.

Clifford
15/05/2006, 9:33 AM
Sorry Clifford I wasnt even at the game. Only heard the same thing as the Clare people had- that before the game B team supposed to have agreed to let A team through. Sounds like a great wind up to me. Fair play to B team - I saw your A team a few times this year and dont rate them at all. Few good players at the back and Mahony quality player up front but no pace or heart in midfield.
Tell me this why dont several B team players want to play for the A team when they are easily good enough?? is there a rift with management or what??

no rift what so ever. b team was formed to keep a bunch of lads together for crack and play some ball. most of these lads have put in 3 nights training and games with avenue over the last 10 years and just cannot give that sort of commitment anymore. they want to be able to go out on a saturday night etc. we trainied the first few months but was too many injuries and fights (indoor training was harder than some of the matches in 3rd div), so we don't train which suits most of the lads. if they want to train there can with a team. i can honestly say this is the last year for us. we've had a great 3 years won 3rd promoted from 2nd although relegated this year we also made 3 cup semi's (one final to come) and played in european cup in barcelona supposed to go to prague in june put has been pulled.

Clifford
15/05/2006, 9:42 AM
Apologies Clifford checked with guy who told me of your so called "illegal player". Turns out he was claiming your goalkeeper was illegal cos he has played enough games with A team this year to make him ineligible for Bs now. This doesnt apply to cup though so he is incorrect.
Best of luck in the final. By the way how can a team be good enough to get to a a cup final and be relegated to the 2nd division??

the main reason was losing j purtill to a team when spudy got injured. up to then no team had put more than 2 goals past us in the 3 years. our back line was mainly the same as well. then we had 8 different keepers in the run in and injuries mounted. joke, teams where scoring for fun stupid goals. we also could't get numbers. many games we had the bare 11, but we gave no walkovers. cup was always our holy grail.

OpenGoal
19/05/2006, 7:40 AM
Hey lads,

Who is in the Cup Final? Avenue B vs ?

J

Prem Rep!
19/05/2006, 9:27 AM
Corofin

Pretender
19/05/2006, 10:18 AM
Wonder will there be the drama of last years final? Only saw the replay myself but corofin scored some peach of a goal. While they obviously weren't the best two teams in the county, they provided great entertainment. Hopefully a good omen for this years final??

Pauliwallnuts
22/05/2006, 11:54 AM
Just wondering if the cup final went ahead this weekend & if so who won it ??

Also does anyone know how the promotion / relegation playoffs have panned out ??

CousinSylDolan
22/05/2006, 2:48 PM
Just wondering if the cup final went ahead this weekend & if so who won it ??

Also does anyone know how the promotion / relegation playoffs have panned out ??

I think the cup final was called off due to bad weather...

townie
23/05/2006, 11:55 AM
heard the cup final was re-fixed for this saturday evening. what a joke, the clare league obviously know avenue have a number involved with eire og on saturday versus quilty! ye are an absolute disgrace if ye dont re-schedule it for the week after as it will ruin the final! im sure corofin wouldnt want to win the cup either knowing they had to play an understrength avenue team! just emphasises how much of a joke the league is!

gaffer
23/05/2006, 12:58 PM
heard the cup final was re-fixed for this saturday evening. what a joke, the clare league obviously know avenue have a number involved with eire og on saturday versus quilty! ye are an absolute disgrace if ye dont re-schedule it for the week after as it will ruin the final! im sure corofin wouldnt want to win the cup either knowing they had to play an understrength avenue team! just emphasises how much of a joke the league is!

I think the FAI Clare Area final is on Saturday also are Avenue A in this.

myleftfoot
23/05/2006, 2:38 PM
GAA should never dictate when a soccer game is on.
However I am not in favour of this final going ahead on Saturday evening either.
Cup final should be on Sunday. (as I have said in my previous posts)
Except Clare League dont want to clash with Clare Cork game!
Still ruled by f**in GAA!!

shelbourne1904
23/05/2006, 4:33 PM
Is this for real.If the cup final had to be refixed it correctly should be refixed for the following week irrespective of what else is on.Are you seriously saying the cup final should be fixed to suit guys involved in GAA.Who are eire og anyway???Did they not reschedule because the CUP Final was on???

myleftfoot
23/05/2006, 4:45 PM
Is this for real.If the cup final had to be refixed it correctly should be refixed for the following week irrespective of what else is on.Are you seriously saying the cup final should be fixed to suit guys involved in GAA.Who are eire og anyway???Did they not reschedule because the CUP Final was on???

I agree completely with you shelbourne but it should be on Sunday.
It was down for last sunday and should have been replayed this sunday regardless of what GAA is on.
The fact is the Clare League scheduled it for Saturday because of a Clare hurling match on Sunday. Now that they have changed to suit one GAA match we have guys involved in other GAA matches complaining.
Most leagues have the cup final and possible replay dates fixed in stone at start of year. Then everybody including GAA players will know well in advance when its on before they enter the competition. Is this too much to ask from the Clare League.

Interested
23/05/2006, 8:50 PM
I agree completely with you shelbourne but it should be on Sunday.
It was down for last sunday and should have been replayed this sunday regardless of what GAA is on.
The fact is the Clare League scheduled it for Saturday because of a Clare hurling match on Sunday. Now that they have changed to suit one GAA match we have guys involved in other GAA matches complaining.
Most leagues have the cup final and possible replay dates fixed in stone at start of year. Then everybody including GAA players will know well in advance when its on before they enter the competition. Is this too much to ask from the Clare League.
Like everyone else on the thread, I think that the Cup Final should be played on a Sunday regardless of what GAA, Rugby or Tiddlywinks game is on. What would have been the outcome if the original game had gone ahead last Sunday and had gone to a Replay? In previous years the replay had been played midweek, why was this not an option?
All other games have now been put back a week to accommodate the few. There were 3 Schoolboy Finals due to be played this Saturday in Digifone which now have to be moved to the following weekend. I know that the Clare Cup Final should take preferance but try telling that to the 80 or so youngsters who were geared up for their own World Cup Final.

Pauliwallnuts
24/05/2006, 8:30 AM
Are you guys saying that you want to compete directly with the Clare v Cork match ?? If you want our game to ever get any publicity then you would not do that. Whether you like it or not most players, managers & fans are also Gaa supporters. Its the number 1 sport in the country & trying to compete for any publicity against that is a lost cause.

shelbourne1904
24/05/2006, 9:11 AM
Are you guys saying that you want to compete directly with the Clare v Cork match ?? If you want our game to ever get any publicity then you would not do that. Whether you like it or not most players, managers & fans are also Gaa supporters. Its the number 1 sport in the country & trying to compete for any publicity against that is a lost cause.

I couldnt care less about the Cork/Clare match but I see no reason to compete against bigger events than our Cup Final.As in we equally should not put it on at the same time as the munster match or the English Cup Final.So I think sense has prevailed.However we should completely ignore any requests to change because someone palys for a GAA team.
The reason the game was not on midweek was to give the county grounds time to recover after the rain.The under 16 cup final will be deffered again this Thursday unless another ground is available.At the moment Doora,Lees Road and Newtown are all closed so the other 3 schoolboy finals are also looking dodgy.

myleftfoot
24/05/2006, 10:26 AM

The original game was down for last Sunday when the Clare football team played a munster championship game and I didnt hear anyone complaining. In terms of publicity do you honestly think that our cup final will get huge coverage given the Clare hurling game and all the club football games on over the weekend. The same reporters cover GAA and soccer so dont get too optomistic about publicity especially from the Clare CHampion.
As for Clare FM im sick of listening for soccer results on sunday evening and sitting through blow by blow reports of under 14 b hurling matches and cross country running to get 30seconds of soccer coverage. If it wasnt for this thread you would think that nobody in Clare gives a damn about local soccer.

papa-j
24/05/2006, 11:17 AM

why should they reschedule. This is the biggest game of the domestic season if the avenue players choose to play a GAA match over the CUP Final then its a poor reflection on their commitment to the club & their team mates who have done brilliantly to reach the final against the odds. Forget about the conspiracy theorys & have a look at the commitment of your players to winning a cup final medal

townie
24/05/2006, 11:46 AM
why should they reschedule. This is the biggest game of the domestic season if the avenue players choose to play a GAA match over the CUP Final then its a poor reflection on their commitment to the club & their team mates who have done brilliantly to reach the final against the odds. Forget about the conspiracy theorys & have a look at the commitment of your players to winning a cup final medal

i think there is a lot of ye talkin s**t, for one thing you are not professionally playing soccer in clare league and therefore should be allowed play gaa too , most of the best players playing soccer in clare league are playin gaa also! also i dunno when the last time was that a cup final be played on a saturday! thirdly players can be equally comitted to more than one sport and finally what sort of recognition would it be to win a cup final against an under strenght team! you get practcally f**k all regontion for winning anything in this joke of a league as it is! its all a joke if u asked me because of idiots like u tryin to compete with the gaa which has clearly more interest around the county! time to wake up i think...

First
24/05/2006, 12:44 PM
Lads lets be realistic the GAA will always be number one in Clare, that is a fact, there will be at least 15000 approx Clare people in Thurles on Sunday and whether their are dual players involved in the Cup final or not is irrelevant.
Eire Og have had Avenue players involved for a good while now and alot of Clare soccer teams will have players who use the soccer season to keep ticking over until the GAA season starts. Do not fool yourself into thinking that the Clare League can ever compete with the GAA and if Munster Rugby keeps going the way it has over the last 5 years you will find that soccer in Clare cannot compete with that either.