PDA

View Full Version : Who's Phoning Me Like?

dahamsta
20/04/2006, 9:48 PM
Anyone know why I got a phone call from some old doll regarding Foot.ie? Not entirely sure what it was about, she hung up while I was trying to explain that I wasn't actually monitoring the forum today.

A face
20/04/2006, 10:59 PM
Anyone know why I got a phone call from some old doll regarding Foot.ie? Not entirely sure what it was about, she hung up while I was trying to explain that I was actually monitoring the forum today.

No, haven't a clue ... where was she from ??

Dodge
20/04/2006, 11:53 PM
Was she cute? You can usually tell... Just saying, might be a little bonus for you

Terry
21/04/2006, 8:47 AM
You have an official Stalker !!!!

Poor Student
21/04/2006, 10:37 AM
That's a little bizarre Adam. Is it possible to get your number online or is there something creepy going on?

dahamsta
21/04/2006, 10:41 AM
She was calling from a number in Dublin. It's not hard to find my number PS. Dunno about cute Dodge, she sounded more "disgruntled" at the time. :)

I'll move this to OT to see if the unwashed masses know anything.

adam /waves to unwashed masses

Dodge
21/04/2006, 10:47 AM
Whatever number you gave when you registered any domain can be viewed. I think its through Who-is

aido_b
21/04/2006, 10:52 AM
Anyone know why I got a phone call from some old doll regarding Foot.ie? Not entirely sure what it was about, she hung up while I was trying to explain that I wasn't actually monitoring the forum today.

It was probably one of Hamishes ex-girlies trying to track him down!

dahamsta
21/04/2006, 11:03 AM
Whatever number you gave when you registered any domain can be viewed. I think its through Who-isNot with an IE domain Dodge, and again, it's not hard to find my number anyway. (Well, it wasn't, but I've taken my mobile number down now for the moment.)

razor
21/04/2006, 11:41 AM
I'd keep an eye on the pet rabbit just in case.

REVIP
21/04/2006, 11:44 AM
Anyone know why I got a phone call from some old doll regarding Foot.ie? .

Adam,

There was stuff about Bebo on Prime Time on RTE, it would have been an hour before your posting.

Maybe she has offspring on this forum and having seen Prime Time decided that all internet forums must be bad?

dahamsta
21/04/2006, 11:55 AM
T'was earlier than that REV, sometime in the afternoon. Just checking there, it was actually another 01 number that rang earlier (twice, both missed), and I got another (again, missed) call from a British number at one stage. Phone was in the knee pocket of cargo pants with the wrong ringtone. :)

I was wandering around Dublin Zoo with the youngfella thinking that the mother of all flame wars had broken out on Foot.ie. :)

adam

pete
21/04/2006, 12:55 PM
I was wandering around Dublin Zoo with the youngfella thinking that the mother of all flame wars had broken out on Foot.ie. :)

Disappointed?

A stalker is probably something to be proud of as sets you above the unwashed masses...?

drinkfeckarse
21/04/2006, 2:08 PM
Maybe it's ThatGuy's missus or some other some other person who became "disenchanted" with your methods Adam? ;)

anto1208
21/04/2006, 2:14 PM
I was going to say she is probibly ringing up about the delivery of a sence of humour but since ive been warned about my smart comments i wont say anything .;)

Dodge
21/04/2006, 2:21 PM
Probably someone's mother complaining about either a)Phonebills if they're on dial up or b) amount of time spnt on here instead of studying.

I won't mention any names...

Conor H
21/04/2006, 2:38 PM
Probably someone's mother complaining about amount of time spnt on here instead of studying.

I won't mention any names...

:o Im starting tomorrow i swear!:p :D

Magicme
21/04/2006, 5:25 PM
It wasnt me Adam! I swear.....

hamish
21/04/2006, 7:58 PM
It was probably one of Hamishes ex-girlies trying to track him down!

Oh Jaysus, that child support problem.......again.:)

CollegeTillIDie
23/04/2006, 7:53 AM
hamish

I always thought you abided by the maxim... If you can't be good be careful :D

aido_b
24/04/2006, 6:02 PM
Oh Jaysus, that child support problem.......again.:)

Hamish just use the best protection possible .... A fake name!

hamish
25/04/2006, 12:08 AM
Hamish just use the best protection possible .... A fake name!
Or be two persons in one - like aidoB/aido M - uh, oh, here we go again.:D
Seriously, I was just messin' - don't have any kids that I know of and I've just filled in the census form (well last night I did) to back that up.:D

hamish

I always thought you abided by the maxim... If you can't be good be careful :D
What would I do with my amigo CTID giving me good advice - BTW, I'm fed up minding your kids - will you, for fcuks sake, come down here and collect them.:p :D
RFLMAO

Peadar
25/04/2006, 9:03 AM
...don't have any kids that I know of and I've just filled in the census form (well last night I did) to back that up.:D.

The question about how many children you've given birth to was clearly marked that is should only be answered by women!

Magicme
25/04/2006, 9:34 AM
I didnt get a census form....rang them and still didnt get one....myself and my sons are non-existant!

Peadar
25/04/2006, 9:35 AM
I didnt get a census form....rang them and still didnt get one...

Of course you didn't get one. Sure Monaghan was excluded from the Census. :p

dahamsta
25/04/2006, 9:37 AM
What's a Monaghan?

Magicme
25/04/2006, 9:38 AM
Its a pretty little county which is fun to visit but ****e at sports unless its boxing....

pete
25/04/2006, 12:02 PM
Its a pretty little county which is fun to visit but ****e at sports unless its boxing....

I think you country as the Republic has only 25 counties now.

hamish
25/04/2006, 12:06 PM
The question about how many children you've given birth to was clearly marked that is should only be answered by women!

Oh, you're very smart altogether.:p :D

Magicme
25/04/2006, 1:53 PM
Eh Monaghan was in the Republic last time I paid my taxes and went into a non smoking pub Pete!

Dodge
25/04/2006, 3:17 PM
Yeah back Off Monaghan...

Magicme
25/04/2006, 3:54 PM
Atta boy Dodge....good to see them country roots coming out!!

dahamsta
25/04/2006, 6:24 PM
So anyway, nobody know what daft bint rang me then?

Dodge
25/04/2006, 7:24 PM
I think we've established it was magicme thinking you were the census people adam...

strangeirish
25/04/2006, 7:48 PM
Aine.

The Legend
25/04/2006, 10:27 PM
twas me, in a wig!

Magicme
26/04/2006, 8:01 AM
I think we've established it was magicme thinking you were the census people adam...

No I rang thinking he was one of the senseless people.....

joeSoap
26/04/2006, 8:07 AM
Just a totally off the wall suggestion here, quite radical I know, but why don't you just ring her back and ask her who she is and what she's all about? You said her number came up?? T'would end the mystery, speculation and intrigue once and for all..........

Magicme
26/04/2006, 8:11 AM
Yeah but he would prob use private number and I dont answer calls with number not shown.....ooops.

dahamsta
26/04/2006, 8:12 AM
You must be joking, right? I get a phone call in the middle of the day from someone that wants to complain about something but doesn't seem to actually know what to complain about, and hangs up in a huff because I frustrate them with two simple comments, and you want me to ring them back? :)

Come on caller, it's time to fess up. It's my chocolate salty balls, isn't it?

Magicme
26/04/2006, 8:14 AM
Yeah block ur number and ring them trying to sell them insurance for their pet dog or tell them they have won a trip to the world cup and you need their full details and credit card number....

the 12 th man
26/04/2006, 8:59 AM
You must be joking, right? I get a phone call in the middle of the day from someone that wants to complain about something but doesn't seem to actually know what to complain about,

They obviously thought they were on to Joe Duffy:D :eek:

pete
26/04/2006, 9:16 AM
You must be joking, right? I get a phone call in the middle of the day from someone that wants to complain about something but doesn't seem to actually know what to complain about, and hangs up in a huff because I frustrate them with two simple comments, and you want me to ring them back? :)

Sounds like a standard foot,ie complaint then...

dahamsta
26/04/2006, 10:06 AM
So true pete.

Even if I had the number, I wouldn't ring back, it's not that important (I was just trying to get the thread back on topic). But I don't have the numbers any more, deleted them from my call lists, so I guess we'll just leave it at that. So if the person responsible is reading this, I'd just like to say: Duh. Next time you have a complaint:

a) be polite, explain who you are and why you're calling;
b) frame the complaint in your mind and don't let yourself get flustered;
c) don't expect the person on the other end of the line to know, magically, what you're complaining about;
d) don't hang up the second the call strays from your planned conversation.

(I think it might have been a "Sarah" btw. I was walking around the zoo, like I said, didn't have a pen to hand. Just asked her name because I refuse to deal with Random B. Muppet in that manner.)

Magicme
26/04/2006, 10:13 AM
Hey leave Random B Muppet alone....he happens to be a cousin of mine!

I know a Sarah! Dont think she would complain bout stuff in here tho.