PDA

View Full Version : Cork Underage Inter-League Tournament

Number9
20/04/2006, 8:33 PM
An U14 girls Inter-League tournament takes place at The Farm, Curraheen, Cork on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th April 2006 -
Leagues participating are Cork, Galway, Golden Vale, Limerick, Mayo, Midlands, Tipperary and Waterford. Kicks off on Saturday at 10:30am.

rasper
20/04/2006, 11:11 PM
yea hope all goes well over the weekend i will be there cheering on mayo.so up mayo

Number9
21/04/2006, 1:33 PM
Great vision from the Cork League. I think that this will become the girls version of the "Kennedy Cup" in years to come.
Waterford have some nice players and had a young team last year. Cork also have some good players and have been training for this competition. Galway have Salthill Devon girls to call on so I assume that they will be strong. Limerick is divided (Lim + GV) so aren't as strong as they should be. Midlands - don't know, but Beallnamulla have always produced good players. Tipp might be a dark horse - don't know how they got on in the U14 interleague matches played earlier this year (against waterford and Kilkenny I think). Mayo were a big team last year.... I think that Waterford will give everyone a run for their money.

CollegeTillIDie
24/04/2006, 7:25 AM
The Cork League has been a very progressive force in developing the game at underage level in terms of encouraging more players and tournaments with a pan Munster focus ,these type of innovations. I have co-operated with them on numerous occasions in the past and Women's football in the area is in very safe hands!

powerpool
26/04/2006, 10:04 AM
Looking forward to the weekend, should be a great display of underage soccer. The U16 & U18 will be playing on Monday, think it is in Ballinhassig. I would like to wish all teams the best of luck. College till I die, thanks for the kind words re Cork Soccer. :ball: We are constantly trying to improve things here. :) :)

hamish
26/04/2006, 11:35 PM
Congrats to the Corky Girls and every success. Bro. in law's club Bealnamulla are going down there too as part of a Midlands League squad I think.

Squeez
27/04/2006, 3:49 PM
Last years tournament was a huge success and I'm delighted that Cork have taken it upon themselves to continue it this year. I agree with CTID, Cork have done a lot of work to develop their underage structures. Watch this space for future Cork teams in national competitions...

powerpool
02/05/2006, 9:59 AM
Well the weekend was truly a success with 8 county league teams battling it out for the title. Galway played Cork in the Cup final while Limerick played Mayo in the Shield. The galway/Cork game was a cracker finished nil all after full time. The game went straight to penalties and Galway won the competition on a 9-8 scoreline.
The U16 & U18 played on Monday, unfortunatly all other U18 teams who had committed to enter pulled out at the last minute. The U16 competition was won by Limerick who were a very fine and well drilled side. Cork U16's came runners up. Well done to all in involved, another great display of football.
:ball: :ball: