PDA

View Full Version : thorntons and money

princeofoslo
20/04/2006, 10:20 AM
I see that Kevin Thornton is doing exactly as his brother did at Tranmere when Sean was the same age looking for more money before he has established himself. He has got a couple of games for Coventry thats all nothing more. What is it with these guys does he want end up joining his brother at Doncaster or any other club beginning with D.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=22108

ColinR
20/04/2006, 10:27 AM
well its not like you know what coventry are offering. he is now in the first team, are they offering him a first team member's contract, or are they offering him something smaller thinking he'll just be grateful and sign it. the article doesn't give much details apart from a manager trying to force his player to sign a contract - without further details i think its a bit unfair to say he's greedy and will end up like his brother.

Qwerty
20/04/2006, 1:24 PM
Maybe the bros have the same agent? the story mentions Adams saying 'all the players have agents now'. Prostitution is a cleaner business than football these days.

zinedineontour
20/04/2006, 4:46 PM
Maybe the bros have the same agent? the story mentions Adams saying 'all the players have agents now'. Prostitution is a cleaner business than football these days.

as far as i know they do .. that agent is a ****ing muppet .. convinced thornton he was too good for sunderland and kept looking for a better contract while his client had many a boozy night out before crucial games last season ... he believed the agents hype .. looks like its happening again .

drinkfeckarse
20/04/2006, 4:54 PM
If a player is dumb enough to "believe the agents hype" then more often than not they get what they deserve....a hefty bump back down to earth with the realisation that they are not the next Zidane.

There's no excuse in my book for getting too big for your boots, every single person knows all about the pitfalls that can happen and the only thing that gets you to the top (as well as your talent obviously) is hard work and a little bit of luck.

CraftyToePoke
21/04/2006, 9:25 AM
looks like he is staying put.

http://www.soccerscene.ie/p673.html

princeofoslo
21/04/2006, 9:34 AM
At least he has come to his senses. He realises that one swallow does not a summer make. Hopefully the lad can focus on his football now. hes not that young

CraftyToePoke
21/04/2006, 11:10 AM
At least he has come to his senses. He realises that one swallow does not a summer make. Hopefully the lad can focus on his football now. hes not that young

hopefully he will have seen his brothers situation and learned from it rather than repeating the same errors, but its no harm knowing your worth either, reading between the lines of Adams in the link it seems he just wanted assurances of a run in the first team if he was worthy of it nothing wrong with that in my book, after all, Micky Adams is notoriously reluctant when throwing kids from the youth system into the first team, this is the man who is also currently negotating a new deal with Dennis Wise.

Paddy Garcia
25/04/2006, 4:49 PM
.....well he certainly earned his 1st pay packet with a man of the match performance against Stoke.