PDA

View Full Version : GUFC v Kildare

Conor H
20/04/2006, 9:00 AM
Hard to say how this will go.I still think we have a massive performance in us and that it's only a matter of time before we give some team a right hiding.:)
Kildare are meant to be weak at the back and have a dodgy keeper so it will be interesting to see how our strikers and midfiels cope.Nothing but a win will suffice,1 win is terrible,time to wake up.
PREDICTION-
Kildare 1-UTD 4:)

Terry
20/04/2006, 9:26 AM
Im not to confident at the moment and I feel the players may be feeling the same. I'd be happy with a 1-0 win for GUFC but to me this has another draw written all over it.

Trainee
20/04/2006, 9:27 AM
where are the 4 goals going to come from?

I would take a 1 nil win

corbyeire
20/04/2006, 9:59 AM
probably a draw and if we win it it will be 1-0 no question

Conor H
20/04/2006, 10:05 AM
Well against Athlone i predicted 0-0 or 4-1.Im pretty much doing the same here except been extremely optimistic.:)
We do have a potent strikeforce and a more than capable midfiles.....it's only a matter of time before we click...i hope!!

Trainee
20/04/2006, 10:59 AM
well it has to be a major improvment on our last to games if we want to win

Lets hope we can win the game

IM getting sick of us drawing games

Conor H
20/04/2006, 11:03 AM
Sure draws aren't a worth a sh!te!!

Conor H
20/04/2006, 1:27 PM
Boss Stephen Lally is hopeful that Raf Cretaro and Nigel Keady will both be fit for the weekends away trip to Kildare after they were forced to leave the pitch early against Athlone last Friday. He is less hopeful about Mixie Harty who also had to limp off last Friday.
Speaking to galwayunitedfc.ie Stephen said,
"All three picked up knocks to their ankles and Mixie came off the worst and he could be looking at a few weeks on sidelines with some ligament damage.
"While Cretaro had to be carried to the dressing room his injury is not as bad as first feared and he is receiving physio since the game to get him fit for the weekend. Nigel should make this weekends game after he took a very heavy challenge just before half-time," Stephen said.
Stephen went on to say, "I wanted to bring on striker David O'Dowd on several occasions but he could not get on with the injuries we sustained, and he was forced to remain on the bench when I could of done with him in attack."

www.galwayunitedfc.ie

Terry
21/04/2006, 12:59 PM
Teamnews:: Kildare Cty v Galway Utd

Billy Clery is unavailable for the trip to Kildare but Ronan Frawley is fit again and comes back into the squad to partner Fran Carter in defence. Nigel Keady is struggling with an ankle knock and faces a late fitness test and will probably only make the bench at best. His replacement at right back Alan Keane is almost certain to miss out with ... www.galwayunitedfc.ie

gufct
21/04/2006, 1:40 PM
Goughy
O'Donnell/Raf
Ronan
Franny
Philip
Raf/Gavin
Murphs
Foley
Derek
Barry
Dowdy

Subs: Gruczka,Cooke,Rojas,Curran,Goldbey

Its a pity Eric is acting the mick he has let every one down and Id say hes on his way out.

Terry
21/04/2006, 1:48 PM
Id go with that. Its a shame about Eric alright. Time to hang up the boots Id say!

Conor H
21/04/2006, 2:26 PM
Wa talking to O Donnell in town there.
"It's vital we win tomorrow and we will".....He seemed confident said the lads had something to proove.
Lets roll:cool:

corbyeire
21/04/2006, 5:20 PM
hopefully - but shouldnt that be the way for every match:rolleyes:

Terry
22/04/2006, 9:49 PM
2-0, Cooke and Foley. Good result,lets make it more common now. Roll on Cobh.

Eire06
22/04/2006, 10:19 PM
Great result.. Delighted some goals at last:D

Conor H
23/04/2006, 9:48 AM
Played well for the majority of the game but until Cookes cracker in the top corner(contender for goal of the season already) we were crap again.Managed about 1 chance.However once we scored we dominated and could have had a few more.One downside was Foley's goal came from a rebound on yet another penalty miss.....time to practice penalties lads!

corbyeire
23/04/2006, 7:15 PM
great we got the win all the same - lets go down to cobh and do it again!

Terry
24/04/2006, 7:38 AM
Played well for the majority of the game but until Cookes cracker in the top corner(contender for goal of the season already) we were crap again.Managed about 1 chance.However once we scored we dominated and could have had a few more.One downside was Foley's goal came from a rebound on yet another penalty miss.....time to practice penalties lads!

I dont understand what your saying there Conor?

You say "We played well for the MAJORITY of the match" but in the same line say "But until cookes cracker in the top corner we were crap"? Cooke didnt score until the 39th minute, so were we crap in the whole of the first half or just for a few minutes as majority would suggest to me that we played well for the entire match bar 2 or 3 occassions?

Also who missed the penalty?

Jacobean
24/04/2006, 11:08 AM
Derek O Brien missed pen but it was well taken, keeper did very well to get to it, good follow up by Foley. I thought we played well throughout the whole game we were in control throughout and so could have been 3 or 4 in the end. Derek played well on wing and it was him that was brought down for peno I think. Raf was right or left back (not sure which still having problems with the auld left and right!) dont ask me why but you could play him anywhere cos he a class act, really an excellent signing. All in all, good result, but kildare were very poor in fairness. Hopefully this result will inject some much needed confidence into the players and we can go on a roll from here.

sligoman
24/04/2006, 11:13 AM
Raf was right or left back (not sure which still having problems with the auld left and right!) dont ask me why but you could play him anywhere cos he a class act, really an excellent signing.I thought Raf is injured?:confused:.

Jacobean
24/04/2006, 11:49 AM
No fortunately he's not at present, he looks fairly fit too alot of running of the ball, Kildare didnt threaten so he was pushing forward whenever.

gufct
24/04/2006, 1:30 PM
far this season.Lal has to start the same 11 next week.Raf was MOM with Davie O'Dowd playing a stormer upfront and Foley excellent in the second half and he was very unlucky not to score a second minutes after the penalty as the keeper got a hand on it it was still going in until the spin took it back out.

Murphs stepover for Cookies goal was class and the finish was even better as Kennedy got a hand on it put the ball still rocketed into the top corner. Great support although one junior had maybe just a tad too much southern comfort and wouldnt have been great on the bus.

Roll on Cobh 2 goals conceeded in 7 games must be some kind of a record for gufc lets see the newspapers make headlines out of that.

sligoman
24/04/2006, 1:51 PM
Great support although one junior had maybe just a tad too much southern comfort and wouldnt have been great on the bus.Conor, what did I tell you about drinking on the bus?:p.

Conor H
24/04/2006, 3:41 PM
Terry....Fair point.I was a bit contradictory there.I should have put it simply.
We were ****e up until we scored but good after we scored and controlled the game.Raf was once again man of the match and good to see him and Cooke coming over to us after the match to celebrate.

Conor, what did I tell you about drinking on the bus?
:o ....Only messin!:D