PDA

View Full Version : PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY: City V Ramblers

joe
14/06/2002, 7:33 PM
According to aertel (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p238.htm) City are playing Ramblers at 10.30 in the morning at The Farm in Bishopstown.

James
15/06/2002, 2:42 PM
result City 2 Ramblers 2

woods :) and o'callaghan for city
dobbs got one for ramblers..

the boys done good
mooney saved a peno when he came on for the second half
woods looked very good and prob got more crosses into the box the ollie did all last season
all in all a good work out and sets them up for 2 games in Skibbereen next weekend .. sat and sun :)

Colm
15/06/2002, 3:39 PM
Unfortunatly, I missed the match because I didnt even know it was on. Im glad to hear that Billy and O'Callaghan got on the score sheet, did any of the other new boys look good?

What are the details of those games in Skibereen?

joe
15/06/2002, 3:59 PM
A goal in the sixth minute from Billy Woods gave City the perfect start in this pre-season friendly at the Farm. Five minutes later Killian Lordan was unlucky to see his effort rebound off the crossbar from a Colin O’Brien corner. A goal from former City striker Gerald Dobbs, sliding in at the back post, brought Ramblers level ten minutes into the second half. With quarter-of-an-hour left on the clock another of City’s new signings, George O’Callaghan, restored City’s advantage when he converted a Woods’ corner, but Ramblers drew level again before the end. Noel Mooney, a half-time substitute, saved Jason Kabia’s penalty, but Brady was on hand to poke the ball home from the rebound.

Cork City: Mark McNulty (Noel Mooney), Alan Carey, Deccie Daly (Damian Roddis), Killian Lordan, Greg O'Halloran, Colin T. O'Brien (Alan Bennett), Conor O'Grady, Alan Reynolds (Greg Yelverton), Billy Woods, George O'Callaghan, Colin P O'Brien (David Warren)

IMHO

Positives:

Billy Woods looks good and has slotted into the number 7 jersey nicely.
Killian Lordan continues to develop at centre-back.
Mooney can still save penos.

Negatives:

We are still lacking up front – both O’Callaghan and Warren played there today, but neither looked suited to the role.
It only took Reynolds 40 minutes to pick up a yellow card, and Greg O’Halloran followed him into the book in the second half.

ps James thought he had stolen a march on his rivals for the coveted ‘Supporter of the Year Award’ when he fished a football out of the nettles, but it turned out not to be a City ball, so I think that puts him behind the rest of the field. Nevertheless, it has become clear that Bernie is facing the toughest challenge of his career as he attempts to hold onto the award for the second year running.

James
17/06/2002, 7:48 AM
hahaa maybeso joseph but i have a class new football :)

niamh
17/06/2002, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by James
hahaa maybeso joseph but i have a class new football :)

Interesting day was had by all then...