PDA

View Full Version : Eamon Zayed

The Wanderer
19/04/2006, 10:19 PM
What a lazy fu**ker!! he is unreal tonight, he should be digusted with himself tonight.. I know i am on a rant 2nite but it needs to be sorted with him, leave him on the bench for a few matches and make him earn his place again,We have Tarzan and Franco give them a chance.....

footballplease
20/04/2006, 7:58 AM
i see what you mean - but the guy is clearly lacking confidence. Last year he would have buried at least 2 of the chances he had against Cork, not to mention the peno last night. On the plus side he did do quite a bit of tracking back last night. I wonder who knocked all the confidence out of him??

KK77
20/04/2006, 8:16 AM
i see what you mean - but the guy is clearly lacking confidence. Last year he would have buried at least 2 of the chances he had against Cork, not to mention the peno last night. On the plus side he did do quite a bit of tracking back last night. I wonder who knocked all the confidence out of him??

In fairness having no confidence has nothing to do with him being lazy!!!!

footballplease
20/04/2006, 8:55 AM
no you're right rafa - but would we be saying this if he had rattled in a few goals?

The Wanderer
20/04/2006, 10:07 AM
I think its cockiness with Eamon, he walks around with his head stuck up thinking he is the best thing since sliced bread! We can all be done without and maybe a game on the bench will teach him, its a team game and sport and a team needs to play together!

pete
20/04/2006, 1:09 PM
I'm not trying to wind anyone up but he had a few chances at move to bigger clubs in the close season & the pressures & opportunities of fulltime football yet he turned them down. Is he just too comfortable at Bray knowing he will be picked every week? No willing to make the move as didn't like the challenge?

superfrank
20/04/2006, 3:03 PM
Is he just too comfortable at Bray knowing he will be picked every week? No willing to make the move as didn't like the challenge?
It's well known that he won't make the switch to full-time football until he's finished his college degree.

The Wanderer
20/04/2006, 3:37 PM
I agree with Eamon, i would not leave college for full time football either, he does need something to fall back on after his football career is over!

Hulsey
24/04/2006, 11:00 AM
Eamon is pure lazy and doesn't seem to want to play for us. He won't try to win the ball back and expects everything to be put on a plate for him. I can't recall him chasing a lost cause so far this season. Devo needs to drop him for the Dublin City game and make him turn out for the 21's in their next game that should be the kick up the backside he needs, but if these problems can't be ironed out I'd rather see him leave to be honest. I was saying the exact same things last year while he was scoring so this is not just because of the last few performances.

ffball2006
25/04/2006, 3:43 PM
Bray would still be in the first devision without Eamonn. The players dont pass the ball to him and when they do the passes are useless. We have no midfield so Eamonn is doing a great job. We are lucky to have him. Whats the point in him running up and down the pitch for nothing - hes not superman. He is the best player on the team by far- he shows up the other players. If he had some support from midfield we wouldnt be in this position.

Grasshopper 99
26/04/2006, 11:13 AM
eamon needs the ball at his feet to do damage, under devos crap tactics off hooping the ball to his head he has no chance of getting it.

The Wanderer
26/04/2006, 12:41 PM
Well for years all i can remember is bray playing the long ball, we need to pass the ball more and be comfortable with this style of play!

footballplease
27/04/2006, 8:40 AM
you have a point - we have potentially a great midfield but they are scattered all over the pitch. I've been saying it for ages - pip and caffrey in the middle and LEAVE THEM THERE!!! any time they have played there together they have done well, playing some nice stuff and we have done well as a result. However devo prefers to play foxy in there. Foxy is a legend but is defo not a skilful midfielder. He should be up front with eamon with robbie on the right. Sound like a good team?

skippy

daz wes roche ryaner

robbie pip caffo tyrell

eamon foxy

The Wanderer
27/04/2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah still have my doubts over skippy but no one to push for his position, wes is doubtful with his groin and i do like james to..

Ronan85
27/04/2006, 11:06 AM
zayed is just pure lazy. im tired of his cockiness. id leave him on the bench for a few games.

superfrank
27/04/2006, 11:09 AM
I've been saying it for ages - pip and caffrey in the middle and LEAVE THEM THERE!!!
Seriously, how can you see Pip as a centre midfielder. He's left-sided and we don't have many left-sided players so I think leave out on the left wing where he's at his best.

Ronan85
27/04/2006, 11:12 AM
Seriously, how can you see Pip as a centre midfielder. He's left-sided and we don't have many left-sided players so I think leave out on the left wing where he's at his best.

agreed frank. pip fills a hole on the left side. he should be left there.

ffball2006
27/04/2006, 11:18 AM
So Ronan.... if Zayed is left on the bench who do you think will score goals? Robbie?? Has he scored this season - no. Why do you think Eamonn is cocky? Becuase he doesnt run around the pitch wasting him time and energy - why should he run around... what are the midfield doing??

Ronan85
27/04/2006, 2:08 PM
im not saying that we have someone who will score the goals but so far Zayed has been poor. it doesnt help that him and robbie are fancy dans. if a player isnt prepared to work hard off the ball he shouldnt be there, unless he is Ronaldinho.:D

Roo69
27/04/2006, 2:36 PM
So Ronan.... if Zayed is left on the bench who do you think will score goals? Robbie?? Has he scored this season - no. Why do you think Eamonn is cocky? Becuase he doesnt run around the pitch wasting him time and energy - why should he run around... what are the midfield doing??

I've tried not to become in this silly thread but for gods sake get your head out of the sand !

Both are excellent players and do great jobs for the team. Eamon has scored so many goals for us over the last few years, nobody is denying that ! but this season his preformances have been well below par, that's not a pop at Eamon, i'm sure he would agree with that himself. What people are trying to say is that compared to Robbie his work rate for the TEAM is well below.

Yes Eamon has scored 2 goals this season, and that down to the ball being supplied to him from the player around him, Robbie should have scored a couple by now as well but it just has'nt happened for him yet, he would agree with that.

I just can't even fathom how you would think Robbie closing down players and, hassling players and creating space for others is a waste of energy and time, to say that is just plan silly ! if you knew anything about football or being a good striker you would know that is a very important part of ther job.
For example, against Cork, Robbie was up front on his own, he must have covered every blade of grass on the pitch several times, he was absolutey outstanding that night. Without that sort of preformance Cork would have been under no pressure what so ever at the back and would have been a much greater attacking force.

Infact he spends so much time doing this to help the team out that it is taking away from chances to score goals. Football is a team game and involves EVERY player putting in the same amount of work and effort, if players don't do this then the team as a whole will struggle.

ffball2006
27/04/2006, 3:48 PM
I totally agree with you but i think some of the stick Eamonn is getting here is disgraceful. Because his performances havent been the best in the last couple of games people are attaching him personally saying hes cocky etc! Yeah Robbie is an okay player but at the end of the day my money would be on Eamonn to score not Robbie. Bray dont play as a team and its becoming more obvious each game - also our midfield are killing us!!

BrAyCMilan
02/05/2006, 5:45 PM
It is deserved at the moment. He was judged last year on last years performances and will be judged this year on this seasons performances, to date which have been well below par. Robbie Keane was similar at one stage before he got a kick up the ar*e in Spurs and look at him now, improved work rate = more goals etc etc, Joe Cole was the same at Chelsea, Van the man at utd recently. Eamon is not above getting this abuse and must accept it when dished out, the way he accepts all the applause when he scores. If he's not playing well, he must be taken off not left on the pitch in the hope of something happening because he scored lots of goals last year, what kind of a message does that give to the players on the pitch, bench and other fringe players. One law for Eamon and one law for others. If Ryaner was in the team and putting in those type of performances he'd be taken straight off, no doubts about it.:mad:

el punter
11/05/2006, 12:54 PM
Was about to post a thread looking for thoeries as to how / why Zayed has stopped scoring...then I saw this.

Is he just out of form? Has the style of play changed? Is he unfit/uninterested?

I saw him against Drogheda and he was anonymous while (as mentioned earlier in this thread) Doyle worked his socks off.