PDA

View Full Version : Chris O'Connor

The Wanderer
19/04/2006, 9:37 PM
The worst keeper in the league!! no one can disagree with me, tonight he made some howlers and his preformances inthe last few games have been horrific, i would do better myself and he is getting paid!! All our money spent on entering the carlisle grounds is being paid to him and the other players for preformances like that...... Somethings needs to be done, i think its time Chris is relegated to the bench and give Terry or even Alan a shot. We had Pat Hannigan over here last year with Bray and he played for the 21's and was very effective, he should have been given a chance..

The Wanderer
20/04/2006, 10:02 AM
He is terrible, we need to get rid of him, cant understand why bray signed him for another 2 years!!!

centre mid
20/04/2006, 5:36 PM
Several threads on this last year, he is young and hopefully will improve with age, as Keepers do, but we are bottom of league without a win so have to agree with the above sentiments, defence has a lot to answer for also,

The Wanderer
20/04/2006, 7:00 PM
I agree but with a few seasons under his belt his kicking, his shouting his coming for the bal and not coming for the ball is horrific!! He has not improved in these areas, its terrible! We need to sort out our defence, we were all over the shop last night!

Skippy01
22/04/2006, 3:44 PM
I agree but with a few seasons under his belt his kicking, his shouting his coming for the bal and not coming for the ball is horrific!! He has not improved in these areas, its terrible! We need to sort out our defence, we were all over the shop last night! I think his kicking this year has been the best its been so hes obviously been working on that,as also his coming for crosses has improved dramatically,last year i dont think he went for 1! Sure he didnt play his best game on wednesday night but neither did the rest of the lads..except he gets the blame for it..how so?...does defending not start with the front 2! He kept bray in the game against drogs,also he made 1 or 2 fine saves against cork aswel,played well against shels,couldnt be faulted really for any of the goals against ucd(except maybe 1) played well against pats in the leauge cup match! Its not skippy that concedes the goals,its the team! So it sounds like to me that you think you know what your carrying on about when really you havent a clue!!!

Stevo Da Gull
23/04/2006, 3:25 PM
I think his kicking this year has been the best its been so hes obviously been working on that,as also his coming for crosses has improved dramatically,last year i dont think he went for 1! Sure he didnt play his best game on wednesday night but neither did the rest of the lads..except he gets the blame for it..how so?...does defending not start with the front 2! He kept bray in the game against drogs,also he made 1 or 2 fine saves against cork aswel,played well against shels,couldnt be faulted really for any of the goals against ucd(except maybe 1) played well against pats in the leauge cup match! Its not skippy that concedes the goals,its the team! So it sounds like to me that you think you know what your carrying on about when really you havent a clue!!!

I agree. He has improved in most departments since last season (inlcuding kicking and deciding which balls to claim) and is looking very dependable. To blame him for the goals we are conceeding is, in my opinion, out of order. He has improved on last season and is still improving, away to Pats he had some off moments but to single him out is off the mark. Felt bad for the chap after the UCD game in particular because he's obviously improving but it must be hard to keep his head up with the goals going in, I reckon now would be a good time to get behind him and support him!

Hulsey
24/04/2006, 11:04 AM
Why does skippy always get slated when we lose. For fcuks sake he hasn't been at fault for any of the goals we've conceided. His kicking has improved, he's more vocal on the pitch and has looked commanding when coming for crosses. Will you's ever get off the lads back! There are a few players in the team who are doing less for us then he is. Cop the fcuk on!

The Wanderer
24/04/2006, 6:04 PM
I have been slating him for the best 2 season, think he is a terrible keeper... I I agree defending starts with front 2 and more chasing back and getting on with the game, but he really needs to sort himself out.. On several occassions this season he has called and not come for the ball and the other team scored! I think that is his fault!!!

Grasshopper 99
26/04/2006, 11:12 AM
its the same as last year, he has no competition pushing for his place in the team.

The Wanderer
26/04/2006, 12:40 PM
Well thats true, wat do u think of Masterson, is he any good or a hopeful for the future!