PDA

View Full Version : Devo

The Wanderer
19/04/2006, 9:08 PM
Why does he always leave Eamon on, i have never but once seem Eamon been subed! Its a joke...

lowflyingseagul
20/04/2006, 7:25 AM
how can an agent take his client off this pitch

KK77
20/04/2006, 8:17 AM
how can an agent take his client off this pitch

Now don't be bold lowflyingseagul he's his "ADVISOR" you should know that by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wanderer
20/04/2006, 10:06 AM
Yes he is an advisor but how can he leave a lazy fu**ker on the pitch really bugs me!

dublinwanderer
20/04/2006, 12:47 PM
time for devo to make a few big decisions 1. leave eamo on bench? 2. leave the club?

The Wanderer
20/04/2006, 3:35 PM
I do think Devo is a good manager but he needs to make decisions bout Eamo for defo!

A face
22/04/2006, 1:48 AM
time for devo to make a few big decisions 1. leave eamo on bench? 2. leave the club?

Devlin hints at possible Bray changes

In a radio interview, Pat Devlin tonight suggested that he may have to change the managerial setup at Bray Wanderers in the coming weeks if his new job of international "B" manager and eircom League co-ordinator impacts too much on his existing job as Bray manager. Tom McGuirk, who is also involved in the Irish youth setup, deputised with some success for Devlin last season alone.

Taken from www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=4462)

Who's the team 'south of Dublin' who wanted to sell lock stock and barrell to him? Kildare or us surely??

The Wanderer
22/04/2006, 1:12 PM
When Tony took over last season while Devo was away he did very well, the lads seem to have a lot of respect for him big time!

Stan 19
22/04/2006, 2:29 PM
Something has to be done with Devo. It's so frustrating to watch. Robbie runs his heart out on the pitch and gets taken off ! Eamonn on the other hand is a lazy b****x and gets left on ! As far as I cud see against Pats the only time Devo got off the bench was to tell Robbie to give the ball to Eamonn for the peno - wat's that all about ?

Seagull
22/04/2006, 7:35 PM
Something has to be done with Devo. It's so frustrating to watch. Robbie runs his heart out on the pitch and gets taken off ! Eamonn on the other hand is a lazy b****x and gets left on !
Robbie's had six League games now and he hasn't scored once, yeah he runs a lot but what's his job? I don't think he's a goalscorer...

Roo69
23/04/2006, 9:32 PM
Robbie's had six League games now and he hasn't scored once, yeah he runs a lot but what's his job? I don't think he's a goalscorer...

He's not and never will be, he's a totally different player to the likes of Zayted, Jason Byrne or Glen Crowe. He's not an out and out goal scorer. He's a forward that does all the donkey work for his partner, that's the way he's always done it. And in fairness, how can he score goals when he's doing 2 people jobs and tracking back into his own half.......

Hulsey
24/04/2006, 11:17 AM
I'd still rather have Doyle than Zayed in the team any day. Think its a bit early to be calling for Devo's head though. Bang on with the opinions of Zayed though. If I was Devo i'd drop him for the Dublin City game and make him turn out for the 21's in the next game and really knock it into him that untill his effort on the pitch improves, then he's not going to be a regular. But odds are that won't happen.

Roo69
24/04/2006, 1:06 PM
I'd still rather have Doyle than Zayed in the team any day. Think its a bit early to be calling for Devo's head though. Bang on with the opinions of Zayed though. If I was Devo i'd drop him for the Dublin City game and make him turn out for the 21's in the next game and really knock it into him that untill his effort on the pitch improves, then he's not going to be a regular. But odds are that won't happen.

Well according to yesterday's paper Devo is standing down as manager but will stay n as director of football for the club. Tony McGuirk will take over as 1st team manager.

superfrank
24/04/2006, 1:47 PM
I have mixed emotions about Devo removing himself from the managerial role.

Despite all the recent criticisms of him, I do feel he did a very good job. I mean after all we won the cup twice and we're now a Premier Division side. Very hard to say that we would've done that without him, imo.

But I'll be glad to see Tony take over. I remember that the lads started playing really well last season when Devo was recovering from his operation.

Also, hopefully this will shut up the people who criticised him for taking up the two jobs, not just the Bray ones too.

KK77
24/04/2006, 2:22 PM
Well according to yesterday's paper Devo is standing down as manager but will stay n as director of football for the club. Tony McGuirk will take over as 1st team manager.

Hopefully this will happen

The Wanderer
24/04/2006, 6:08 PM
Well according to yesterdays paper Devo is gone and Tony will take over as manager of the team, i liked him last year when he took over! So best of look to him, hopefully he can turn this bad start to the season around!

ffball2006
25/04/2006, 11:27 AM
I am a long time Bray Wanderers fan and I think some of the comments that The Wanderer and co are making about Eamonn Zayed and Devo are disgusting! Clearly The Wanderer knows absolutely nothing about football - I think he’s forgotten that it was Eamonn who got Bray to the Eircom League and he was one of the highest scorers last year and he wasn’t even here for the whole season! ************************************************** ***************** How do you expect Eamonn to score with no blood midfield? And then you praise Robbie- has he scored any goals? Maybe you don’t realise but a forward is meant to score goals and at the end of the day Eamonn scores goals and Robbie just runs around like a greyhound!!

======================

Moderator: Post edited - personal abuse removed.

The Wanderer
25/04/2006, 2:02 PM
No one has taken this away fromEamon that he scores goals i think he is a lazy fu*k and needs a lesson, Robbie has started and played all games since joining the club, he should have scored several goals and has not taken his chance. I to have been a long serving fan of the club and travel to both home and away games! And it is very frustrating when ur team play like that and then Eamon steps up to take the peno and misses, Robbie would have scored, Eamon is a cocky striker and thinks he cant be done without... Itclearly shows Devo has no interest in the club thats why Tony is taken over and it clearly shows he has no interest when the only time he got off his fat a** was to say let eamo take the peno...... Some serious decisions have to be made at the club or we may all get used to division 1 again and travelling all over ireland to watch out team!

ffball2006
25/04/2006, 2:27 PM
So because Eamo missed a peno he should be punished ?? Is that what you`re saying ? Some of the most world class footballer have missed penos even Beckham! Why should Eamo run around the pitch like a headless chicken when hes a striker - maybe Robbie does that but has that helped Bray- has he socred even one goal this season? You may not realise but strickers are meant to stay upfront. He has no bloody midfield to help him out so to score even a couple of goals this season is brilliant!! Its impossible if you have no one to feed the ball to you. And for you to disrespect Devo is disgraceful - he has done so much for the club, thats bad form The Wanderer! True bray fans know what Devo has done and they also know what an asset Eamo is to the club - without Eamo Bray would be in the first devision!!!!!

The Wanderer
25/04/2006, 3:17 PM
For me to disrespect Devo is not disgraceful u fool, like he is my m,aster i dont think so, he has no respect for the club leaving!!

ffball2006
25/04/2006, 3:30 PM
How can you say he has no respect for the club because hes leaving? Thats just a stupid comment. He hasnt officially stepped down and besides he will still be involved in the club. He has been involved in the club for years!!!!!!!!!

Superhoops
25/04/2006, 6:03 PM
How can you say he has no respect for the club because hes leaving? Thats just a stupid comment. He hasnt officially stepped down and besides he will still be involved in the club. He has been involved in the club for years!!!!!!!!!
Pat Devlin owes Bray Wanderers nothing. He has given us as much as any club can expect from any man. His new role in the Staunton set-up is derserved reward for him and he has done the right thing by stepping down from the role of manager of the first team and making way for Tony McGuirk (my own preference would have been John Finnegan, but that is by the way). I would have hated for Devo to sever his links completely with BW. He still is and always will be part of Bray Wanderers.

The Wanderer
26/04/2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah as it said inthe papers he will be an advisor to the club, which i think will be great for Bray. He has advised well on moves and transfers to bring in much needed funds to the club!

Risteard
01/05/2006, 10:52 PM
What's the official line?
He's still manager?

The Wanderer
02/05/2006, 12:48 PM
As far as i know yes and there will be an officail announcement made to when Tony is taking over!

lowflyingseagul
02/05/2006, 1:23 PM
in about 20 years time i'm afraid

BrAyCMilan
02/05/2006, 5:34 PM
I heard that Tony will be taking over after the Derry game when he returns from some international duty. Even if it does happen, Tony will always be in Devo's shadow and can't see anyone else coming in to take over while Devo is upstairs pulling all the strings and Tony being made scapegoat. :confused:

lowflyingseagul
02/05/2006, 6:37 PM
yeah the moving upstairs thing doesn't work , seeing as he'll end up in the bowling alley

Seagull
02/05/2006, 8:20 PM
yeah the moving upstairs thing doesn't work , seeing as he'll end up in the bowling alley
Double-deck portocabins maybe? BTW, are Portocabin the new shirt sponsors?? :D

Ronan85
02/05/2006, 11:44 PM
I heard that Tony will be taking over after the Derry game when he returns from some international duty. Even if it does happen, Tony will always be in Devo's shadow and can't see anyone else coming in to take over while Devo is upstairs pulling all the strings and Tony being made scapegoat. :confused:

yea i agree that type of set up is complete poo. thanks devo but its time to move on.