PDA

View Full Version : Doolin signs 3 year deal with Drogs

soccerc
19/04/2006, 4:42 PM
Paul Doolin took a break from his preparations ahead of this Saturday’s Setanta Sports Cup final to sign a three-year extension to his current contract with Drogheda United that will see him remain with the club until the 2009 season.

Bald Student
19/04/2006, 5:08 PM
Paul Doolin took a break from his preparations ahead of this Saturday’s Setanta Sports Cup final to sign a three-year extension to his current contract with Drogheda United that will see him remain with the club until the 2009 season.Sure don't read too much into that. If he wants to leave before his contract is up he'll just start slagging off the club in the papers to get fired.

iceman
19/04/2006, 5:56 PM
Believe he signed a lucrative contract today http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Article.asp?ArticleID=651

Raheny Red
19/04/2006, 7:53 PM
Is there no sub-forum for this?

Anyway congrats on the extension :)

Risteard
19/04/2006, 9:55 PM
3 years is a long enough deal isn't it?

Fair play to the board for showing their faith in him.

CollegeTillIDie
19/04/2006, 10:05 PM
Sure don't read too much into that. If he wants to leave before his contract is up he'll just start slagging off the club in the papers to get fired.

Hmmm yes that does ring a few bells.....;)

A face
19/04/2006, 11:19 PM
3 years is a long enough deal isn't it?

Fair play to the board for showing their faith in him.

No manager should get a deal that long, well not this situation anyway.

Celdrog
19/04/2006, 11:34 PM
No manager should get a deal that long, well not this situation anyway.

Why not?

Cosmo
20/04/2006, 9:11 AM
Why not?

In fairness, I'd also be one that thinks a 2 year deal for managers is enough for anyone in the EL.

However as I said on the Drogs forum, the main thing I take out of this is that the board are obviously committed for at least a further 3 years to make this club the best in the country over time. Throw in the new stadium on the way with the fact that we'll have no money worrries while these lads are in charge, challenging for trophies, it's the best time to be a Drogs since our club was founded :)

Schumi
20/04/2006, 10:23 AM
Why not?
If there's a falling out, it'll take a lot of compensation to pay off the rest of the contract.

pineapple stu
20/04/2006, 12:34 PM
Yep, you'd be left with a situation where you have a manager you don't want but can't afford to sack him.

Wonder where I've heard that before...? :)

max power
20/04/2006, 12:38 PM
If there's a falling out, it'll take a lot of compensation to pay off the rest of the contract.

as the saying goes, terms and conditions apply !!!

if he wants to leave for another club the pay off might be fixed and on the other hand if he gets sacked the pay off might be fixed.

all contracts are different espc in this business.