PDA

View Full Version : Video to DVD

$Leon$
18/04/2006, 7:40 PM
Don't know am I in the correct Forum here but does anyone know how to transfer video footage to dvd's?
a friend of mine has alot of old irish matches on video and i'd like to copy them but preferably onto DVD not video of possible.

Thanks

Jon'o
18/04/2006, 10:38 PM
Don't know am I in the correct Forum here but does anyone know how to transfer video footage to dvd's?
a friend of mine has alot of old irish matches on video and i'd like to copy them but preferably onto DVD not video of possible.

Thanks

Not sure my self how its done, but there is a lad at work who does it for people, i'll get onto him for you and ask him how its done

Raheny Red
19/04/2006, 10:25 AM
I would be very interested in finding out this works as I have a lot of Shels games on vid and would like them to be put on DVD! :)

monutdfc
19/04/2006, 11:17 AM
If you have a digital camcorder with a AV-In socket, connect your video to the camcorder and record onto the digital tape. Then transfer your digital tape to DVD via your PC (you'll need a firewire connection (i-link)) or your DVD recorder.

I'm sure you should be able to connect your video directly to your PC or DVD recorder, but I've not tried this yet so cannot tell you exactly how to do it. Your PC probably doesn't have an AV-In socket, so you'll have to buy a PC card with this (it should come with the appropriate software).
A DVD recorder should have the appropriate input socket, in which case it should be just a matter of connecting the two together and transferring. Try the instruction manual.

max power
19/04/2006, 11:18 AM
if you have a dvd recorder with a built in hard drive you can feed them on to the harddrive via a scart and then edit a menu and transfer onto a dvd.

or you can get a decent tv card with aux for a pc, feed the video in that way, once again edit and create a menu and burn to dvd.

they are two options, you can get the dvd recorders with harddrive for about 350 at the mo and they are well worth it.