PDA

View Full Version : Babyshambles in cork

anto1208
18/04/2006, 11:26 AM
anyone go what did ye think ?

Pete Doherthey was nt out of it !!! he didnt stumble about,he played guitar really well sang really well ( for pete ) and put on a great show for 1 hour and 10 mins then finished walked of stage and did no encore !! . but he did play libertines songs so i was happy with that .

Also what a joy to go to a gig in cork rather than dublin , people are nice and friendly , bouncers are friendly and you can have a laugh with them i didnt know what was going on , was this just this night or is it allways like that in cork ??

Docboy
18/04/2006, 11:39 AM
Hey anto when was that gig on? I had a ticket for the one in Dublin TBMC last Thursday night and he never showed and the re-arranged gig for tonight has also been cancelled. I'm raging I missed out.

Speranza
18/04/2006, 11:43 AM
Played Derry on Saturday night. Was totally sober and really down to earth, walked through the crowd to get drinks, chat e.t.c.

Don't like the man or his music at all but not many people would afford his fans the time he did.

anto1208
18/04/2006, 11:45 AM
Its was on sunday night , he made mention of the dublin one asked if anyone had travelled down from dublin after his no show, he apoligised and said it was out of his control that the plane never arrived in time ( something like that he's hard enough to understand with out loads of people shouting aswell).

it was very good, new guitar player as patrick waldon is in pentonville for a few weeks , pete played guitar aswell and it sounded better than the album versions which leads me to belive he was clean(-ish) for that show at least .

Speranza
18/04/2006, 2:27 PM
Probably clean for the show but my mate was on Radio Foyle up her the day before the BabyShambles gig and was talking to the presenter of the show again during the gig. Doherty was booked for an interview on Saturday but when the producer went to collect him he was "lying in the tour bus comatose". Don't know how he sobered up for the gig...